Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another win against Fundy nutters in UK
Another win against Fundy nutters in UK
This time a particularly terrible fundy conservative MP. Take note if how people react here to dicks like her.
http://m.guardian.co.uk/education/2012/j...pe=article
RE: Another win against Fundy nutters in UK
I think this Dorries needs to get laid.

Quote:When the bill was first proposed, Dorries said it would counter the fact that society was "saturated in sex".

"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I have no problem with abstenance being taught in addition to a comprehensive sex ed... of course going without has its obvious safe guarding.

But that isnt usually what they mean when they say "teach abstenance" from people like this...does it? these people usually make lies such as "the HIV virus can seep through a condom", and other bullshit.
(January 22, 2012 at 12:17 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: I think this Dorries needs to get laid.

Quote:When the bill was first proposed, Dorries said it would counter the fact that society was "saturated in sex".

Funny you should say that kichi;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZsC0E2IiZc
Oh noes; I'm actually in agreement with "Call Me Dave" Cameron! Next stop aran cardigans, briar pipes and male pattern baldness, then it's all stations to garden centre by way of the Mail on Sunday. Think I'll just get out now and walk.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I don't believe Nadine Dorries has ever proposed replacing sex ed with purely abstinence based teaching.
(January 22, 2012 at 9:20 am)Tiberius Wrote: I don't believe Nadine Dorries has ever proposed replacing sex ed with purely abstinence based teaching.

She didn't, but her bill is sexist as it only goes for girls ages 13-16, not boys. But it's an archaic nonsense to teach such drivel at all. Abstinence is against nature, you should be taught about safe sex, STI's, pregnancy and all related problems. Abstinence has no place in the modern world, people are going to have sex if they want to, just teach them to be safe.

Of course abstinence has a place in the modern world. Far too much pressure is put on young people to have sex these days. Whilst I was at school, having sex as early as possible was seen as something to be proud of, and yet who knows the number of teenage pregnancies it caused. Yes, teaching safe sex is great, but teaching abstinence in addition will prevent girls from being forced into thinking that they need to have sex early, and will teach boys the same.

As for the accusation of "sexism", do you not think that Ms Dorries knew that the bill was going to be controversial, and so limited its scope so it had a better chance of passing? Which bill is going to have a better chance of passing, one that affects the teaching of everyone at school, or one that affects a small group?
I don't know how the way our Parliament operates compares with the US Senate or whatever, but it's probably most unlikely that this bill will ever be passed. Parliamentary time is limited and it's almost certain to be all tied up for the next two years at least. More likely it will be used as a sop to appease whatever lobby group is involved or as a pawn against some other unpopular legislation that otherwise might not get through. At the very least it will fill newspaper space which is often the yardstick of success or failure for governments.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 22, 2012 at 5:53 am)5thHorseman Wrote:
(January 22, 2012 at 12:17 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: I think this Dorries needs to get laid.

Funny you should say that kichi;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZsC0E2IiZc

Your congress is so much better than ours...our senate is like a grave yard full of hate and greed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which TV game show would you win? Fake Messiah 6 839 January 18, 2023 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  I bet I don't even win the Mostedest Posts Posted Award Foxaèr 18 2139 April 9, 2018 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Challenge: Formulate a guide to win a Nobel Prize ErGingerbreadMandude 17 2434 February 3, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: c172
  GS Warriors one win away from setting new NBA record for most wins to start a season Whateverist 29 4437 December 13, 2015 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Riddle: Win One Rep by Answering this Riddle Rhondazvous 26 3261 September 16, 2015 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
Brick Nutters nearly lunch an early munch. Violet 6 922 June 2, 2015 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  You Win, I'm Out Of Here psychoslice 125 12948 March 24, 2014 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  So Much Intellectual WIN Thread Rayaan 11 2508 July 17, 2013 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: Walking Void
  Help this girl win a college scholarship. Brian37 5 1839 November 14, 2012 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Name that internet account! Win fabulous prizes! Angrboda 6 2868 June 4, 2012 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Tempus