Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealing with boredom
Dealing with boredom
How do you deal with boredom?
RE: Dealing with boredom
Watch zombie films... play zombie games... think of ideas for eventually writing about (usually involves zombies)...

Playing guitar also takes up a great deal of time.

And so does drinking.
Cunt
I read almost constantly, I find it the best way to stave off boredom when I don't have much going on in my life. But I enjoy expanding my knowledge too.

Also, music that I'm passionate about gets me through boredom.
Yes, music fills an enormous void in my life.
Cunt
I have too many hobbies to be bored unless I'm at work. There's always something to be done. At work, I have the 'nets.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I do things but find them boring. That's the problem I often have. Activity doesn't always cure boredom.
Then you're not doing things that truly interest you.
And finding things that 'truly interest' me is the problem then I guess.
It takes some exploring. Like me, I'm pretty simple I guess. I love gardening, obviously, and next to that I love cooking in the kitchen with Rat Pack style music playing. It makes me want to dance.

But I find I really enjoy things that serve a purpose - like making valentines for my friends - people like getting stuff in the mail! Or sewing clothes that can be worn by myself or friends. Anything crafty that will actually have a function later, really. I think if I were making or doing things that would just sit on a shelf later, I would find them rather boring activities.

So it's a matter of figuring out the types of things you like to do, and then within that subset find the ones that somehow fulfill you.
I like listening to music but the problem I have lately is I don't seem to want to do anything else. Obsession is not a good thing. I could call it passion rather than obsession but I think it's more of an obsession since it seems to be taking over my life and making me rather inactive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dealing with a real Death Note robvalue 23 2506 June 13, 2018 at 8:02 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Dealing with racists zebo-the-fat 47 5452 January 15, 2018 at 5:41 am
Last Post: Cod
  Performance & Boredom Azu 5 383 February 18, 2017 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Dealing with psychopath nutjobs Jackalope 93 24176 June 6, 2013 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Dealing with religious family Savannahw 14 3029 June 6, 2013 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Dealing with short attention span mamamia88 7 3320 December 27, 2010 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Dealing with homophobia on Atheist Forums Existentialist 38 8791 November 19, 2010 at 6:13 am
Last Post: ib.me.ub
  Exclusive video of Eilo dealing with unruly forum members. Dotard 5 2675 August 14, 2010 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  photoshop boredom and the brick testament Demonaura 1 1245 June 8, 2009 at 6:27 am
Last Post: leo-rcc