Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealing with religious family
Dealing with religious family
I have a family reunion this summer. This side of the family is slit into super Christians and non-religious. I feel there will be some drama(I hate drama). I was wondering if anyone had any advice or stories that might help.
RE: Dealing with religious family
Politics
Economics
World hunger
On a second thought... scratch that... you're screwed!

You could try summer vacations photos! Tongue Puts them asleep!
A masked ball is the answer. Add some theatre to the drama.
Don't let them suck you into their drama. If they want to argue, debate, whatever...just leave it alone. I do not discuss religion or politics with family. Period.
Hang out with the non-religious ones. Sit there and make fun of the others.

See, this is where it would help if you were islamic. You could throw rocks at them and it would be perfectly reasonable.
haha I will try to avoid the drama. I really hate drama. I'm like the fluffy love bunny of atheism. But some of these people are mean argumentative.
(June 5, 2013 at 5:54 pm)Savannahw Wrote: I have a family reunion this summer. This side of the family is slit into super Christians and non-religious. I feel there will be some drama(I hate drama). I was wondering if anyone had any advice or stories that might help.

The protestant part of my family utterly hates the catholic part - and the other way arround.

As an atheist, I simply stand in the middle whilest both sides try to get me to agree with them on hating the other.
Just don't bring up religion, and ignore them if they do. Simplez.
Headphones. Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Yeah I agree with not bringing up religion. And if someone else does, then ignore it.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Odd family sayings zebo-the-fat 12 842 August 10, 2023 at 12:09 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How many of you would punish religious people for being religious? Ahriman 222 18216 May 2, 2022 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Losty
  Expanding My Family ABQ505 10 1080 April 27, 2022 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 516 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists reminds me of meathead from "All in the family" TV sitcom Lambe7 14 770 July 29, 2020 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Family Resemblances? BrianSoddingBoru4 28 2102 May 14, 2019 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Dealing with a real Death Note robvalue 23 2509 June 13, 2018 at 8:02 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Dealing with racists zebo-the-fat 47 5461 January 15, 2018 at 5:41 am
Last Post: Cod
  A little advice on a family matter please NuclearEnergy 6 1139 August 27, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Would you have a relationship with a member of your immediate family? rado84 134 8084 October 11, 2016 at 3:22 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical