Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you guys read about his?
Have you guys read about his?
This being where an American judge dismisses assault charges against a Muslim that attacked a man wearing a zombie Mohammed costume.

We can only hope this asshole won't be on the bench much longer.

I guess the morons in Oklahoma were on to something with their law against using Sharia law in US courts.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
RE: Have you guys read about his?

Really, he thought a theology lecture was in order? Or a short primer on Sharia? As opposed to, oh, IDK, fulfilling the obligations of his position in accordance to our laws?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Words fail me.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
How did he know it was Mohammed. I know there was zombie pope there, but.. was he wearing a name tag?
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
The article says he had a sign hanging around his neck that the Muslim tried to tear off, and I assumed it probably said Mohammed on it. Or maybe it was just a pedophile zombie, and the Muslim mistook him for his prophet.Angel
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:Elbayomy had admitted to Sgt. Curtis that he attacked Perce, but in the courtroom, he denied ever making physical contact with him. Judge Martin did not believe Sgt. Curtis. Perce had been shooting a video when Elbayomy attacked him from behind, but Judge Martin did not allow the video to be admitted as evidence.

I'm no lawyer, but could someone explain why in a court system, any evidence (especially something like a video) could be rejected?
(February 26, 2012 at 4:58 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I'm no lawyer, but could someone explain why in a court system, any evidence (especially something like a video) could be rejected?

Judge shows video depicting zombie mohammed. Story is relayed to the middle east with a twist. Embassies burn as judge shows video mocking mohammed to a courtroom.

I am joking.. but these days, you could imagine it being true.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Quote:I'm no lawyer, but could someone explain why in a court system, any evidence (especially something like a video) could be rejected?

if it's inflammatory they can. in other words, if a video shows evidence, but also footage that would cause the jury to form negative opinions about the defendant, and that prejudice outweighs the probative value of the evidence, it can be rejected.
Quote:any evidence (especially something like a video) could be rejected?

'Evidence' is not a synonym for 'proof'.Evidence is simply anything used to support a position.G the bible is indeed indeed evidence for heaps of stuff.What is NOT is credible evidence or proof,of anything.

PLUS, under American rules of evidence evidence may be excluded for a range of reasons. EG evidence found during a search made without a warrant or 'probable cause'. The 'poisonous fruit 'rule,used I think, in the OJ Simpson trial.Some videos,such as time stamped security footages are routinely admitted. The type of example you cited is not always admitted.

I am loathe to second guess legal opinions because I am not a lawyer,and am aware the law has nothing to with justice.
I was thinking the same, that maybe this was some media report hiccup, so I checked the link for the audio. Nope, this guy has completely lost his shit.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 285 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1093 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  trump announces his bid for reelection! Drich 154 14345 July 18, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump has blood on his hands WinterHold 60 4384 December 13, 2018 at 2:59 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  What news sources do you guys use and/or trust? EgoDeath 13 1081 October 12, 2018 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Sh*thole craps on his intel again..... Brian37 2 564 August 3, 2018 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Worth The Read. Minimalist 12 908 July 5, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Banana Republicunt Thinks It Is His Personal Property Minimalist 17 2161 May 20, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump and his right-wing blowjob supporters. Jehanne 3 741 April 22, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Oh, Poor Mike Pence. His Favorite Hobby Horse Shot Down Minimalist 8 1717 April 21, 2018 at 3:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger