Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found. The third and Final Testament.

The third and Final Testament is being written by Gnostic thinkers and the only truth that you can trust. The reason that you will trust it is simply because it is your truth based on your understanding of reality and largely based on your feelings. That is why you can and will have complete trust in it and your God.

The Jewish God was the first and only monotheistic God. That God was adopted and corrupted by Constantine and the Catholic Orthodox church that he bought. This new Church reversed much of the initial Jewish thinking of God and returned to the more ancient thinking of a triune God of war. To solidify their position they killed many Gnostics and Jews and in the Gnostic case, tried to eradicate their thinking by burning all Gnostic scriptures. They missed a few and failed Just as Hitler failed in his book burning campaign.

The Jewish and Gnostic religions were religions designed to create thinking autonomous humans who did not need big brother church and it’s hierarchical guides to lead people by the nose to a God. Gnostics used their gospels to accomplish that desired end. God to Gnostics was an internalized experience gained through apotheosis. Gnosticism is the personal connection to God that Christianity speaks of but never accomplishes. This is because their focus is to the hierarchy of the Church and not to God. The Christian highlighted obedience over thinking, even as most religions of the day were highlighting enlightenment or the finding of the right way as the path to their religions and Gods. This dogmatic reliance on obedience squelched any progress for Christianity and caused stagnation of mind and soul. Gnostics, like Gnostic Jesus and even the Christian Jesus, spoke of a God within each of us and thought the body to be the temple of God. Gnostics sought and achieved apotheosis and a true personal relationship to their God. Gnostics took to heart the notion that the laws of God were written on the heart. Something Christianity only gave passing reference to and substituted instead their “WORD of God”.

Gnosticism recognizes that you cannot gain the knowledge that produces wisdom and a good moral sense by not questioning the status quo. It demands that all concepts be questioned. So does the bible but Christians are never taught this by their church hierarchies who want sheep for followers and not thinking autonomous people. That would be too Gnostic.

It is my view that the third and Final Testament of the bible is being written in our time. Elaine Pagels has put chapter one in place for us to read and ponder with her book titled Adam, Eve and the Serpent.

http://southerncrossreview.org/14/pagels.htm

In our age, with most having access to knowledge through modern communication devices and the net means that we need no longer be hamstrung by domineering religious hierarchies and we can and will seek the God within. As more find God, society will finally stabilize into the period of long term social stability that we have been seeking forever.

God has had quite a ride but is now close. The Old Testament showed us how unsavory a God can be. The New Testament replaced that immoral God and placed an archetypal Jesus, a man with excellent but unworkable rhetoric, above that God. This was done with Jesus’ proclamation of heaven only through me. The Jewish version of the Old Testament tried to give man autonomy with Eden as our elevation. Man has become as Gods. Christianity backed us up, for good or evil by calling Eden our fall and creating sheepish followers who were not to question but only obey. Love be damned as man’s first principle. The New Testament tries to return us to man and Gods highest ideal of love for all. It fails because Constantine tied Jesus to the unsavory God of the Old Testament and returned to the older more barbaric style of the Old Testament God with a new and improved hell for those who will not obey. A fatal error that has backed up human thinking by 1,600 years.

Man’s Last and Final Testament, one that can only be Gnostic thanks to the mental flexibility of it’s adherents, will promote love through thought; following the unworkable rhetoric of Jesus but in a more workable way.

Man, God’s most fantastic achievement, not creation, is almost ready to take his rightful place as master of himself.

Many Christians use the bible as their external conscience. They will realize that the ancients were right and that the laws of God are to be internalized and written on our hearts. Do not fear being your own master. It will give you both pain and pleasure and you will sometimes curse it but you will know that it is as good as God intended it to be.

Seek God. He is getting near thanks to Gnosticism. Chapter one is written. If you choose to be enlightened and stop having to obey masters and take your rightful place as master of one. Jesus was here to free man, not enslave him. He was a Jew and knew Eden was our elevation and not our fall.

Jesus show the way with his question; Have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?

What is your answer?

Regards
DL
RE: Found. The third and Final Testament.
My answer?

That we are not with gods.

Self-evidencing information is not evidence unto itself; it is a contradiction, a fatal feedback loop, a catch-22, a logical fallacy, and in this universe of law and order to allow such to be considered as order and logic would, if it were really logic unto itself, would allow the universe to tear itself asunder.

Therefore it can't be logic.
You clearly thought this out quite a bit, and if nothing else I guess I can applaud you for thinking hard on a subject, but you're thinking about the wrong facets of that subject. You might want to revise your thoughts, go back to step one and take everything apart, analyze it carefully, scrutinize it. If you do, you'll come to a far different conclusion about what you've believed.

For one thing, even the bible has said; no man may know of the end of the times, of the coming of judgment, of the final testament; even the purest of faith will be taken by surprise by its coming.

That you are claiming to know that it is now is a fallacy in and of itself by the definition of your own source material.

Sorry man. You're sellin'...but ain't nobody buyin'.
Any time anyone alludes to secret mystical knowledge that is revealed if you just believe hard enough it is true, raises my delusion alarm. Sorry.

Any time anyone states that their subjective truth is the only truth raises my delusion alarm.

Any time someone states that they have a better understanding of Jesus than "the other guy" my delusion alarm sounds louder.

Any time someone takes 14 paragraphs in sweeping rhetoric to simply say "My God is better than your God" my delusion alarm starts hurting my ears.

Finally, any time someone states that personal conviction is the only way to know the truth, the bullshit alarm explodes.

Thats my answer Smile
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(March 8, 2012 at 10:45 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: For one thing, even the bible has said; no man may know of the end of the times, of the coming of judgment, of the final testament; even the purest of faith will be taken by surprise by its coming.

Are you really foolish enough to believe in a literal bible?

If so, then does this not show that an omnipotent God does not need a final judgment?

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

If we all must repent as God will, and his will is supreme right, then what would he need to judge us for. We are all bound for heaven as per God's will.

As to the bible itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xH93PSZ6fQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP5LdELd_0o

Regards
DL

(March 8, 2012 at 10:55 am)NoMoreFaith Wrote: Any time someone takes 14 paragraphs in sweeping rhetoric to simply say "My God is better than your God"

As expected but nowhere do I allude to my God being any better than anyone else's internal one.
Mine is definitely better than what is on offer in the bible but that genocidal fool is easy to beat.

I like criticism. It helps refine ideas. Lies are worthlesss to me.
Or do you just have a reading problems?

Regards
DL
(March 8, 2012 at 11:53 am)Greatest I am Wrote: As expected but nowhere do I allude to my God being any better than anyone else's internal one.
Mine is definitely better than what is on offer in the bible but that genocidal fool is easy to beat.

I like criticism. It helps refine ideas. Lies are worthlesss to me.
Or do you just have a reading problems?

Aaah, the bitter veiled insult. That doesn't help your case that you enjoy criticism. Makes you look a bit petty.

Quote:The Old Testament showed us how unsavory a God can be

I read this as "My god is better than that god". I agree that it is to be fair, but you wanted evidence you said it.

You also state a gnostic interpretation of Jesus (whom is God in terms of Trinity) is better than christian Jesus with his "unworkable" rhetoric.

Please feel free to respond without veiled insult. Thanks.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
[Image: 7t1vgkg525.jpg]
(March 8, 2012 at 10:37 am)Greatest I am Wrote: What is your answer?

Dead Horse
The bible was ALWAYS meant to be taken literally; why do you think the last 2000 years of its existence, its passages HAVE ALWAYS BEEN FOLLOWED TO THE LETTER? 2000 years later you come along and somehow know what the originators and original worshipers themselves did NOT? How do you figure?
I thought the Book of Mormon was the third testament? Smile
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 8, 2012 at 10:55 am)NoMoreFaith Wrote: Any time anyone alludes to secret mystical knowledge that is revealed if you just believe hard enough it is true, raises my delusion alarm. Sorry.

Any time anyone states that their subjective truth is the only truth raises my delusion alarm.

Any time someone states that they have a better understanding of Jesus than "the other guy" my delusion alarm sounds louder.

Any time someone takes 14 paragraphs in sweeping rhetoric to simply say "My God is better than your God" my delusion alarm starts hurting my ears.

Finally, any time someone states that personal conviction is the only way to know the truth, the bullshit alarm explodes.

Thats my answer Smile

You forgot any time anyone talks about a 'personal relationship with god' the delusion alarm screams like a banshee.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is Jesus in third place when he deserves first? Greatest I am 25 4658 September 22, 2020 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2799 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8506 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I've found God? ScienceAf 120 27215 October 8, 2017 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: brewer
  St. Columba's hut found Foxaèr 43 13937 July 13, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  If they found Jesus' turd what would they do with it? Fake Messiah 64 7081 August 26, 2016 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Old Testament Prophecy Proof of Jesus Nihilist Virus 45 6293 August 12, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  I found a pastor who has a strange fixation on flaming buttholes and asbestos diapers TaraJo 12 3206 April 30, 2016 at 11:36 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Immorality of God - Slavery in the Old Testament athrock 307 35964 January 31, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Aegon
Wink The Third Eagle of the Apocalypse says...the end is nigh! Aegon 12 5310 January 18, 2016 at 7:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus