Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need to get drunk more often.
I need to get drunk more often.
I humbly will accept donations to me, LG, the Creed of Heresy.

I assure you, your donations go to a good cause; making me drunk and high off my fucking ass. XD

I should a podcast of me fucked up. I can promise it is some hilarious shit.

So. Anyone else just get fucked up for the sake of drowning out the past? Anyone do drugs not for recreation, but to smother shit they don't want to face any longer? I sure hope so, cuz if not...then I am one truly pathetic human being.
Also, I apologize for the whiny-ness of this post. Some nights shit just builds up and it's either dwell on it or get fucked up. So I get fucked up on those nights. Right now, I'm fucking gone. This is a new community. I know I shouldn't be acting like this. Not for like...six more months. *lol* But. When it's gotta come out, it's gotta come out. Just an explanation. I don't really want sympathy or pity, just hoping you guys don't mind too terribly when this happens.
RE: I need to get drunk more often.
(March 9, 2012 at 3:09 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: So. Anyone else just get fucked up for the sake of drowning out the past? Anyone do drugs not for recreation, but to smother shit they don't want to face any longer?

Not anymore. I was in a pretty bad place a little over a year ago. Things only started getting better when I faced the problems and stopped numbing myself. Things like eating enough and eating healthy, as well as exercising regularly, getting sunlight and having a steady sleeping pattern all give off natural highs / improve mood.

(March 9, 2012 at 3:09 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Some nights shit just builds up and it's either dwell on it or get fucked up.

Those aren't the only two options. You could try looking at people who've been in similar situations to you and see how they've bounced back. There may be something you can adopt from them. Sometimes when we're down we mull over the problem in the same manner over and over never getting anywhere, when we really need to reassess the problem - see if our expectations are realistic and whether the methods we're using to overcome it are working. Clearly drinking won't solve anything and can sometimes exacerbate existing issues we have or create new ones.

I'm not trying to psychoanalyse you or anything - I don't know anything about you. I not suggesting that going for a jog will solve everything, this is just my own findings from experience and personal research.
Really, friend. Drink, by all means. But I do not suggest getting drunk.I like things when they're done in moderation, and choose to drink only as much as to stay near the sober line, I've walked the path of the street drunk, and I tell you friend, nothing that one would want to do again, obviously.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
That is what is clearly needed...MORE INCHAMAHOL!!! Cheers!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Getting drunk solves absolutely everything... says the Scottish man...
Cunt
Creed of Heresy Wrote:So. Anyone else just get fucked up for the sake of drowning out the past? Anyone do drugs not for recreation, but to smother shit they don't want to face any longer?

I used to, but I finally realized that it was only addressing the symptoms and not the disease itself. Drugs offer a temporary solution to long term problems. Also, if you suffer from depression, it tends to keep you from making any true progress.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Thanks but I'll listen to the Wee Scottish man!!

[Image: 7067736]...CRIVENS!!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Drunk Tank LadyForCamus 185 15118 March 24, 2019 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Who says drunk girls in a club aren't fun brewer 30 5268 November 6, 2018 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I NEED ONE MORE REP Edwardo Piet 9 1056 February 3, 2018 at 11:54 am
Last Post: shadow
  What type of drunk are you? ErGingerbreadMandude 31 4080 January 9, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Either texting and driving or drunk driving........ Brian37 0 394 October 8, 2017 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Random Insight When Drunk #1 Edwardo Piet 41 3880 September 25, 2016 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  The 'Random Lyrics When Drunk And In A Good Mood' thread. Edwardo Piet 5 1685 August 22, 2016 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Who wants to get drunk with me? Cyberman 16 2329 July 10, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Athene
  I'm Gunna Need Y'all to Talk More mlmooney89 101 7123 June 11, 2016 at 3:07 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Worst drunk messages you've ever sent Napoléon 40 5001 January 13, 2016 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady