Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst drunk messages you've ever sent
Worst drunk messages you've ever sent
I had my work xmas party on Friday, and all weekend I've been worrying about showing my face again at work. Mainly because I sent some stupid messages to a girl I liked over facebook after she left the party (and the fact I was probably the most drunk motherfucker there). 

Essentially it was "I never got a chance to touch your body". Or words to that effect. And I asked for her 'digits'.

To make matters worse I woke up still drunk and messaged AGAIN saying "still waiting for those digits". At like 8 o'clock in the fucking morning too.

After I sobered up I tried messaging another couple times to half apologise and also try to lighten the mood by making a joke of it, but she's seen all the messages and not responded at all. 

Literally just want to curl up into a ball and die. She either thinks I'm an absolute asshole, or worse, a massive creep. 

She's probably going to tell the rest of her office, which means the rest of the company will probably know too.

Never felt so god damned embarrassed in my life.

So I was hoping some of you lot would share some embarrassing work party stories/drunk messages to make me feel better...
RE: Worst drunk messages you've ever sent
Well, if 'sending a message' can be taken in the broadest possible terms, I once threw an empty whiskey bottle (and yes, I was the one who emptied it) through the window of a funeral parlour.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 20, 2015 at 6:44 am)Napoléon Wrote: I had my work xmas party on Friday, and all weekend I've been worrying about showing my face again at work. Mainly because I sent some stupid messages to a girl I liked over facebook after she left the party (and the fact I was probably the most drunk motherfucker there). 

Essentially it was "I never got a chance to touch your body". Or words to that effect. And I asked for her 'digits'.

To make matters worse I woke up still drunk and messaged AGAIN saying "still waiting for those digits". At like 8 o'clock in the fucking morning too.

After I sobered up I tried messaging another couple times to half apologise and also try to lighten the mood by making a joke of it, but she's seen all the messages and not responded at all. 

Literally just want to curl up into a ball and die. She either thinks I'm an absolute asshole, or worse, a massive creep. 

She's probably going to tell the rest of her office, which means the rest of the company will probably know too.

Never felt so god damned embarrassed in my life.

So I was hoping some of you lot would share some embarrassing work party stories/drunk messages to make me feel better...

I am sure in my 14 years of posting I have had those moments, but the two I remember the most were way before my internet days.

1. Back in the late 80s I get a call from my ex HS mate , she wanted to have a talk with me, real tough gal too. Ok so I get over there and she proceeds to beat me, well anyway, no matter what I had said she had no right to hit me, turned out I had insulted her boyfriend about his Nam days. I think he misunderstood me in that I didn't support the war, but had nothing to do with his service, still felt bad anyway. 

2. Still in that era later 80s, had a friend who was into the DC area rock scene, met the Ramones through him. But one night we go to the 9:30 Club and the band Living Color comes out, fucking impressed the shit out of me, I think Vernon Reid smoke Hendrix, but that's a different thread. Ok, so drunk off my fucking ass by the time my friend takes me back stage..........Fast forward to the next morning.....

Phone rings and I pick up, no hello, but "You fucking asshole!"

Me, "What what , what did I do?"

Friend, "You don't remember do you?"

Me, "Remember what?"

Friend, "You don't remember what you said to Vernon?"

Me, "No"

Friend, "You said, "If I had closed my eyes I never would have known you were black".

WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING? NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I felt like the biggest jackass right at that moment!
You n00b.
I have never sent drunk texts although I do get drunk texts, voice messages from some of my girl friends from time to time.
(December 20, 2015 at 8:33 am)pool Wrote: You n00b.
I have never sent drunk texts although I do get drunk texts, voice messages from some of my girl friends from time to time.

Oh man, you're just too cool. Can I be your friend? Shock
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Well, one more benefit of having sobered up in 1986, no internet, email, cell phone, texting, skype,instagram, youtube, tumblr to have been electronically embarrassed with.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

There was a memorable post by someone in a "play by post roleplay" I did once a long time ago on another forum. We were waiting for one of our friends to make a post to continue to roleplay, but she was too drunk. What she typed was "mc bik brik drink". So that was the extent of her cognitive function at the time.

It's also rather sad in retrospect because eventually the roleplay group got to busy with real life, and I haven't heard from most of them in a while. Now it's down to me and another guy who have the time, but lack the motivation with most of the group gone, and one other guy who lacks the time but has the motivation.

I have never tried to leave a drunken message. I have been drunk, and tried to carry on a conversation. The people I was talking to seemed to have a good time with me, so we all had fun. So all I need to do to make new friends for a night is get drunk and make a fool of myself.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I once got the "target" and "safe" coordinates backwards when I was a bit tipsy. Awkward when you're talking to BUFFs.
(December 20, 2015 at 8:56 am)RaphielDrake Wrote:
(December 20, 2015 at 8:33 am)pool Wrote: You n00b.

Oh man, you're just too cool. Can I be your friend? Shock

fo shizzle ma nizzle
I've always gotten super sick before reaching the point of getting real drunk. Needless to say I don't drink anymore.

Anyway, that chick sounds like kind of a snob. If someone had done that to me, I would have felt embarrassed for them and written them back saying it's no big deal, made a joke out of it, and said that drunk messaging happens to the best of us.

The fact that she didn't say a word to you, not even when you tried to apologize, makes me think she's probably not worth fretting over. If she's so immature to go around telling everyone in the office about it, that looks worse on her than it does on you.

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, but I have 2 younger brothers and I'd hate for them to do something silly like that and have a girl treat them like scum.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy birthday Gawdzilla where ever you are. arewethereyet 6 439 January 12, 2024 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Have you ever Met-up with an online Buddy? Uberpod 25 1426 December 3, 2022 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Orbit
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2104 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1747 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1093 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
  The Drunk Tank LadyForCamus 185 15118 March 24, 2019 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  I've been there, "Have you ever"? Brian37 19 1678 November 16, 2018 at 8:34 pm
  Who says drunk girls in a club aren't fun brewer 30 5267 November 6, 2018 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My cat is the worst thing ever! Foxaèr 14 3052 April 24, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Ever feel like you don't belong in this world? Foxaèr 44 4815 April 3, 2018 at 5:48 am
Last Post: ignoramus