Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My name is icthus
My name is icthus
Hello everybody, I have been reading some of your posts and find them quite interesting. Obviously, my point of view is considerably different from yours. I dont want to step into your house uninvited, so if you would like my perspective, let me know which post to go to. If not, I hope y'all have a great day.

ICTHUS
RE: My name is icthus
Welcome icthus!

You can post on any thread you want. But there are some rules and regulations, just so threads don't get out of hand. you can find a link to that on the main index.

Hope you enjoy you're stay Smile
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
(May 17, 2009 at 11:43 pm)icthus Wrote: Hello everybody, I have been reading some of your posts and find them quite interesting. Obviously, my point of view is considerably different from yours. I dont want to step into your house uninvited, so if you would like my perspective, let me know which post to go to. If not, I hope y'all have a great day.

If we'd like your perspective? I dunno about the others so I'll say this for me only. If you're talking about your perspective on your cult beliefs I'll simply ask you a couple of questions ... if you are not then I sincerely apologise in advance you may a really nice person who simply likes the company of atheists or the fun of debate (I think Frodo is like that).

Firstly you do get that we are atheists yes? Secondly, why do you think we might want your perspective your introduction carrying as it does the implication that we might not be able to decide for ourselves why we are what we are (don't you think we've done this all before with many, many others like you)? Thirdly (a bit more general) why should we be interested in your Christian beliefs over any other?

As far as I'm concerned you're welcome to post as you wish (and get trashed as you would deserve if you start posting the kind of stuff most theists around here post) but I won't hold my breath on whether you'll turn out to be anything other than just another [expletive deleted] theist.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
BTW icthus I noticed you said "yall"

Are you from southern America? (Not South America I mean The southern states of the US lol)

I'm from Georgia and I hear that word a lot. I say it too but not as much as others
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
Welcome to the forum Icthus, does that name mean something by the way? I also noticed that your religious view is "CHRISTIAN", is that diffrent then just "christian"? Or did you just really want to make sure that people noticed it?Big Grin
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
(May 18, 2009 at 1:47 am)WWLD Wrote: BTW icthus I noticed you said "yall"

Are you from southern America? (Not South America I mean The southern states of the US lol)

I'm from Georgia and I hear that word a lot. I say it too but not as much as others

G'day Fish,from SOUTH Australia.*

Nice nick,subtle. Cool Shades

*Southern hemisphere,we're upside down to the US. Here we have "'the deep north". (really)That's where we have our bible belt.It's also were the ferals live. They're white people who live in the rain forests and mate with the native animals.
(May 18, 2009 at 5:20 am)Giff Wrote: Welcome to the forum Icthus, does that name mean something by the way?

Ichtus is Greek for fish, also the symbol where Chrisitians identify themselves with. Hence the fishes on Christian bumperstickers for instance.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Fresh fish?
Welcome to the forums icthus! If you want to make a thread about your religion (or why you reckon we should believe it) then I'd head over to the "Religion" forum.
Thanks for the welcome everybody!

Giff, there's no difference, I know I am on an athesist forum and I just wanted to make sure everybody knew where I was coming from before you invited me in. As I said, I don't want to come into your house uninvited.

Kyu, I probably didn't word my intro correctly. I am not going to convert you as you are not going to convert me. I could have stayed on a different forum but I do love a good debate. Two people with different perspectives are going to learn more than two with the same point of view. As for the bashing, if you hit me with a stick over the net, it doesn't hurt real bad.

Have a good day y'all, see you tonight, Icthus

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My name is Earl Carl Hickey 23 2581 June 4, 2023 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Carl Hickey
  Hello Everybody My Name Is JAG JAG 15 2082 October 2, 2020 at 8:37 am
Last Post: GUBU
  An atheist who legally changed name to God GodBennett 7 828 July 4, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hey guys. Name is Tara Tarasoft11 53 5127 September 5, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: c172
  Hi, my name is "withheld" and I am an atheist RationalAtheist 68 7339 October 28, 2015 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Losty
  My name is Pizza Smeetcha Pizza_Smeetcha 10 2593 October 26, 2015 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello there - My name is Max max-greece 22 3310 June 9, 2013 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Aractus
  I am Awesome! (It is in my name.) CapnAwesome 21 6020 September 27, 2012 at 5:18 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I can't think of a good name for this thread, so... Darkstar 18 4531 September 20, 2012 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Waratah
  New to Forum - Hello! My Name is Tino Tino 20 4683 September 14, 2012 at 1:26 am
Last Post: JohnDG