Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My name is Pizza Smeetcha
My name is Pizza Smeetcha
Hello there, My name’s Pizza Smeetcha and I personally am questioning whether or not I believe in God. Some of the most well remembered memories that I have were when I had to go to church every single friggin’ weekend with my family at a catholic church and “worship the holy trinity” And You know, even though I was only in the 3rd grade I thought the idea of God was rather strange because we’d just spend an entire day worshiping something we couldn’t even see with our own eyes, placing faith in nothing other than what I would eventually consider to be a book of fables.

When I got a little bit older, I began to question my religion and what I considered to be my creator, God. I thought, what kind of god would let horrible things like rape, suicide, disease, physical disabilities, mental illness, and murder run rampant throughout the very world he had made? If God really does love man, his creation, then why the would he put so much suffering in the world? There are starving children. Children mind you, innocent, pure hearted children who go to bed hungry every night wishing they had only a smidgen of food in their bloated stomachs who die almost every single day because our supposed let’s all hold hands and sing kumbaya creator.

I’ll be honest, as a newcomer to the atheist community I have very little knowledge to pick from and use to my advantage in a strong argument against a proficient theist. However, I am an avid learner when it comes to things I am passionate about so please recommend books and articles in which I can absorb like a sponge.
RE: My name is Pizza Smeetcha
Welcome.

I have nothing to recommend. I'll let the other, more well read, individuals here make recommendations. I just know what I believe or don't believe.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome

Pizza? are you edible?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

As for recommendations, try the following:
http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Main_Page - Good for knowing theistic arguments and rebuttals
http://www.talkorigins.org - For knowledge on evolution
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com - For understanding of bible and quran from a skeptic standpoint
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Welcome!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Hello there!  I don't do a lot of reading or watching of atheist material, but here's the one guy that's stood out to me from all of the stuff people post here.

Heya, welcome Smile

I have lots of links on my website here which you might find interesting. It's lots of atheist/theist centred stuff, some serious and some amusing. The amusing stuff still gets the point across really well though. You may find the rest of my website useful too Smile

I hope you stick around, let us know if you have any questions!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
[Image: t-shirt_cheesus-chrust.gif]

Hello there.
Hello Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Welcome

Damn every time I see you post I'm gonna get hungry.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My name is Earl Carl Hickey 23 2573 June 4, 2023 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Carl Hickey
  Hello Everybody My Name Is JAG JAG 15 2068 October 2, 2020 at 8:37 am
Last Post: GUBU
  An atheist who legally changed name to God GodBennett 7 825 July 4, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hey guys. Name is Tara Tarasoft11 53 5056 September 5, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: c172
  Hi, my name is "withheld" and I am an atheist RationalAtheist 68 7258 October 28, 2015 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Losty
  Hello there - My name is Max max-greece 22 3293 June 9, 2013 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Aractus
  I am Awesome! (It is in my name.) CapnAwesome 21 6011 September 27, 2012 at 5:18 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I can't think of a good name for this thread, so... Darkstar 18 4531 September 20, 2012 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Waratah
  New to Forum - Hello! My Name is Tino Tino 20 4680 September 14, 2012 at 1:26 am
Last Post: JohnDG
  The meaning of my name AthiestAtheist 15 3243 January 15, 2012 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: 8BitAtheist