Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Story [Is as good as Lord of the Rings!]
My Story [Is as good as Lord of the Rings!]
Hello everyone,

I'm a 26 year old girl living in Central Florida. My deconversion story starts with hyper Baptist fundamentalists on my father's side of my family attempting to indoctrinate me before I could even rationally consider ideas like God and heaven and hell. I remember at a very early age visiting them - they are a huge family - and getting all kinds of Christian tapes, books and other propaganda aimed at toddlers, and having to dress up and go to Church, only when they were around. My immediate family is pretty lackluster about Christianity. When my Dad's parents were around we had to put on a show for them to some extent.

Eventually when I got older I started thinking about God and the afterlife. At about 14, when I had internet access, I learned about atheism and what it was. I was afraid of it at first, because at the time I still believed in God and thought he would be mad and punish me for thinking about atheism and secular humanism and blasphemous ideas like that.

But I kept reading more and more about it. One of the first sites that made me laugh at religion was LandoverBaptist.org. At 16 years old I decided I was an atheist, and I got really into atheism and learning about it. I was involved in a chatroom full of other nonbelievers and got into debating with alot of religious people. I learned all about what they believe and why, what their answers were to certain atheist doubts, and ultimately what I discovered in this, was that it's pretty much a faith vs reason issue. Reason is on the side of atheism, and the Christians always wind up saying it's a matter of faith when they can't answer you on some point. But they have yet to convince me why I should put faith over reason.

I've lost almost all interest in debating or arguing with theists. I'm making comics and art centered around ideological/religious themes. My baptist grandparents haven't seen me in a long, long time, and probably don't have any idea that I do not share the same religious views as them, let alone that I'm a completely godless heathen now. I'm a little afraid of how they'd react if they ever found out, though if it ever came up I'd have to tell them. I can't end up in a church again, it'd be so weird.
[Image: signature.png]
RE: My Story [Is as good as Lord of the Rings!]
Nah, I don't think it was as good as LotR tbh.

Still, Welcome all the same. Make sure to post some of those comics.
Welcome!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Quote:let alone that I'm a completely godless heathen now.

Welcome to the club.
Ocala?
(Nap, C Fl is full of hobbits and treants, and for a time, a character very much like Sauron was our Governer)

(before you even ask Renee..no, not anymore..I escaped)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 13, 2012 at 1:04 pm)Napoleon Wrote: Nah, I don't think it was as good as LotR tbh.
Of course its not as good, its better, her story is real.

No offence to LoTR fans but ultimately John Ronald Reuel Tolkien and Clive Staples Lewis were taking liberalities from the Bible's religious text as inspiration.
Lord of the rings.

Three films about walking.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Tolkien made biblical ideas a fuck load more noble than they actually are. And the mythology displayed in the Silmarillion far exceeds the Judeo-Christian mythologies as they're presented today.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Welcome Renee
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome to the den of unforgivable sin!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So my story of becoming a non-believer: Mechaghostman2 2 1756 January 8, 2016 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Old Baby
  My conversion story, just to get it off my chest. LadyForCamus 4 1936 December 26, 2015 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  My Deconversion Story PhilliptheTeenageAtheist 26 5385 June 2, 2015 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  My Conversion Story Rancid 16 4595 February 21, 2015 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Converted into Athiesm - My Story coolfunkDJ 15 4638 February 9, 2015 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Nope
  Recent convert - My story Regina 6 2326 January 7, 2015 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Regina
  The Conversion Story of a Kid Kloud 11 3375 December 18, 2014 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My Deconversion Story warlocksarebest 15 4541 November 20, 2014 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: Logical Adolecent
  Another Story Raevoryx 9 3811 August 13, 2014 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Raevoryx
  My story. topher 0 1108 April 24, 2014 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: topher