Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd like to try some games.ABSOLUTE noob.
I'd like to try some games.ABSOLUTE noob.
I have never ever played computer games but would like to have a go. I know NOTHING.

Can I start just using this box and a mouse? Can I get older games for free?

Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Some details about this box .How suitable?

Acer All-in-one. model Z5761

Intel core i7-2600 CPU @ 2.80ghz 4 core.

8 GB RAM

2TB hard drive

nvidia GE force GT520 graphics card. (1GB)

23 inch full HD screen (+ touch screen)

Windows 7 Home Premium
RE: I'd like to try some games.ABSOLUTE noob.
You shouldn't be allowed to own this computer if you don't game lol. Try the battlefield series. If you'd prefer rts, I like the command and conquer games, those will be cheaper. You won't find much good for free. Unless you're ok with putting on an eyepatch and saying argh me maties, if you know what I mean
What style of game do you think you'd like?

A first person shooter where you control a character and shoot people? A strategy game where you control an entire army or build a civilisation? A role-playing game where you create an entire character and go around the world doing quests? A racing game? A puzzle solving game?
(April 5, 2012 at 9:40 pm)libalchris Wrote: You shouldn't be allowed to own this computer if you don't game lol. Try the battlefield series. If you'd prefer rts, I like the command and conquer games, those will be cheaper. You won't find much good for free. Unless you're ok with putting on an eyepatch and saying argh me maties, if you know what I mean

Thanks-ish.

I'd be grateful if you could keep in mind I have no idea what you are talking about. Imagine you are explaining to a dim 12 yo. Aim at my skill level ,not yours.

I'm starting from scratch, so would like to start off with only what I have.

Could you perhaps suggest a few games?
Its really tough depending on your interests.

Maybe something like one of the Total War games, historic battle strategy. Can be a bit daunting if you're new to games thou.

If you want to try something free, maybe old point and click games; http://www.scummvm.org//Download: http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/

You can download the emulator and a couple of free games, broken sword games are pretty decent.

If you're not sure if your computer can handle a game, try
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

It'll check your system vs the game and tell you if it can be run.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
12 year old know all about computer games.

Go more for an 80 year old.

Check this out.

They usually tell you what the system requirements are for the game.

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/

Dante's Inferno!
Trying to update my sig ...
(April 5, 2012 at 9:47 pm)Tiberius Wrote: What style of game do you think you'd like?

A first person shooter were you control a character and shoot people? A strategy game where you control an entire army or build a civilisation? A role-playing game where you create an entire character and go around the world doing quests? A racing game? A puzzle solving game?

Good question Tib. .Perhaps fairly simple thud and blunder action stuff to start,then to stuff which involves using my imagination and problem solving.

The aim is to have fun and to use my mind in the hope of keeping it longer.

TV shows I really like: Spooks,The Mentalist, Bones,NCIS, Game of Thrones and--Spartacus.. I do not play chess.
Dante's Inferno!
Trying to update my sig ...
(April 5, 2012 at 10:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote: 12 year old know all about computer games.

Go more for an 80 year old.

Check this out.

They usually tell you what the system requirements are for the game.

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/

Ah thanks Min;good place to check.

Thank you Faith, I'll check the links you gave.

I think I'm gonna have some fun. Tiger

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming games you want to play Foxaèr 13 2141 October 6, 2022 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  What are your top 5 video games of all time? T0 Th3 M4X 80 8808 May 22, 2022 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: emjay
  I sucked at video games. Brian37 16 3134 July 18, 2021 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The issue with Match-3 games Foxaèr 4 468 August 15, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stream Switch games without a capture card. Mechaghostman2 0 382 November 24, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Any sci-fi open world games? Mechaghostman2 9 1913 September 27, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Games still to be released in 2018 Foxaèr 9 1164 June 2, 2018 at 12:32 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Of new homes and video games. Brian37 7 1163 May 25, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  No evidence to support link between violent video games and behavior Gawdzilla Sama 12 1849 January 21, 2018 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games? ƵenKlassen 7 1233 November 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Cecelia