Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardinal urges Christians to display crosses (with pride)
Cardinal urges Christians to display crosses (with pride)
Keith O'Brien is cross (pun intended) that Christians are facing increasing marginalisation for not be able to wear a cross that they generally do not consider they should wear because its not a requirement of their religion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-17611036

I guess someone needs to read their Bible on what Christians are actually commanded by their God to do. Again. Big Grin
RE: Cardinal urges Christians to display crosses (with pride)
Last time I checked Jesus wasn't in favour of people wearing gold jewellery and trinkets all over them.
(April 7, 2012 at 7:10 am)Napoleon Wrote: Last time I checked Jesus wasn't in favour of people wearing gold jewellery and trinkets all over them.

Especially when it breaks the 2nd commandment.

What was the reason they aren't allowed t wear there crosses?
I've often wondered why they would wear a cross - I mean, if someone I loved as much as they proclaim to love Jesus was shot, I wouldn't take to wearing a gun around my neck.......Thinking

[Image: Insect+Church.jpg]
"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
(April 7, 2012 at 7:22 am)Michelle_Patton Wrote: I've often wondered why they would wear a cross - I mean, if someone I loved as much as they proclaim to love Jesus was shot, I wouldn't take to wearing a gun around my neck.......Thinking

Good thing he didn't get the electric chair or the guillotine then.

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Bill Hicks, everybody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lNs9EFOYI
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I have never understood having a crucifix of all things. It doesn't matter if he 'did it for you', it is still glorifying the sacrifice and brutal torturing of a person. That is horrible.
[Image: YAYBOOMAVAtAR1_zpse61010be.gif]
The feeble mind will pray to god, the feeble mind will fall.
The fucker didn't do shit "for me."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7836 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Cardinal Bernard Law dead at 86 KevinM1 14 1916 December 21, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31261 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51208 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Jesus Vandal Attacks Atheist Display Minimalist 24 3816 December 24, 2014 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15813 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Cardinal Dolan: The Catholic church isn't anti-gay Doubting Thomas 39 8202 December 21, 2013 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Shame On Display freedomfromforum 32 5884 October 10, 2013 at 9:18 am
Last Post: wwjs
  Russian church urges monks to shun Internet cratehorus 0 1082 June 15, 2013 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: cratehorus
  Pride and Sin.... Mystic 27 7857 March 9, 2013 at 10:03 am
Last Post: Kayenneh