Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardinal Dolan: The Catholic church isn't anti-gay
Cardinal Dolan: The Catholic church isn't anti-gay
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-ol...lp00000592

The church isn't anti-gay, they're just staunchly against gay marriage and think that anyone having gay sex is sinning against God.

Quote:The list goes on. The Catholic archdioceses of Boston and Washington, D.C., ended adoption programs rather than comply with laws that prevented discrimination based on sexual orientation. Some dioceses have issued guidelines that prohibit children of same-sex partners from attending Catholic schools. Effective Catholic schoolteachers who are gay have been fired. Communion has been denied. Bishops have threatened to pull support for immigration reform if same-sex couples are recognized as families. And one prominent American Cardinal even compared LGBT activists to Ku Klux Klan members.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Cardinal Dolan: The Catholic church isn't anti-gay
How could they be when they are all fucking the altar boys?
That's like saying "I don't hate you, I just wish you'd stop breathing and eating."
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
The funny thing is that the Catholic church actually does accept homosexuality, just as long as gay people don't have gay sex or even masturbate, because any sex outside of marriage is an evil sin. Too bad the church is living 100 years in the past where sexuality was something that everyone pretended didn't exist and if you did crank one off or have sex with someone you're not married to, then you're a sinful pervert. That, and the idea that people can just turn off their sexuality, pray it away, or just "keep busy with something else so you wont think about it" (actual words from a book I was given as a child).
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(December 11, 2013 at 1:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: How could they be when they are all fucking the altar boys?

Now, now . . . you know perfectly well that gay =/= pedophile.
(December 11, 2013 at 1:40 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-ol...lp00000592

The church isn't anti-gay, they're just staunchly against gay marriage and think that anyone having gay sex is sinning against God.

Quote:The list goes on. The Catholic archdioceses of Boston and Washington, D.C., ended adoption programs rather than comply with laws that prevented discrimination based on sexual orientation. Some dioceses have issued guidelines that prohibit children of same-sex partners from attending Catholic schools. Effective Catholic schoolteachers who are gay have been fired. Communion has been denied. Bishops have threatened to pull support for immigration reform if same-sex couples are recognized as families. And one prominent American Cardinal even compared LGBT activists to Ku Klux Klan members.

Even the Tea Party wants the Gay vote - and the church wants the gays to give money too - why is that surprising?

As more and more people move away from religion - especially the highly educated (who also are higher paid) - the church has no choice but to try to get money every way they can.

AS the religions lose the money base of Western Europe - where active participation in religion is waning - they are only mostly growing in areas where they cannot actually get funding from. So - as you can see plainly in the USA - churches are closing - being abandoned when their aging population dies out - churches are combining - and all the major religions have shortages of ministers and priests.

IF this was your business - you would either attempt to broaden your base - or sell out.
I am not anti-catholic. I love the catholic clergy with every wack of my tire iron and wish them a peace eternal rest when I am done.
Quote:IF this was your business - you would either attempt to broaden your base - or sell out.

Maybe they should consider a merger?

[Image: vatican_merger.jpeg]
It is clearly mentioned in the Bible, in Leviticus 18:22 which says:

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Jesus also says in Matthew 5:17:

"Think not that I am come to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill."

The level of flexibility that the Church can have with respect to gay sex is defined in those 2 verses.
"We're not anti-gay, we just don't want amy gay sex or gay marriage." Lol, functionally equivalent to "We're not racist, we just don't want any interracial sex or interracial marriage."
"The reason things will never get better is because people keep electing these rich cocksuckers who don't give a shit about you."
-George Carlin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 35675 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Tongue Scrupulosity - a Catholic disorder ? Bucky Ball 2 360 July 27, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1239 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 4017 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1451 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1385 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 794 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. onlinebiker 3 1085 December 27, 2019 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2551 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2210 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU