Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
168 Square Foot House
168 Square Foot House

Why aren't there more people like this out there?

I would love to live in this dream house with my girlfriend Smile
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
RE: 168 Square Foot House
To the box builder:
Good for you dude, the rest of us like being able to turn around without ending up in another room.

Whats really interesting is that they admit that the only reason they're living in such a small house is because of their sudden lack of money. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with being earth conscious. Which tells me that if they were rich and the recession hadn't socked them in the balls, they'd be living just like everybody else. Also, is it just me or does that woman look (& sound) like she's about to burst into tears several times during her tour of their lives in that matchbox? I think yes.

You know she can't wait to build that bigger house she mentioned at the end of the video.

[Image: Evolution.png]

That is true. I didn't even realize that. Sad

I would love it because it is simple, and life is more important than how big your house is.
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
I just started a new project that’s going to put me in Corpus Christi a lot over the next 15 months. It’s still up in the air whether I’ll need to be there full time, but I was checking on apartments and ran across a 450 sf place on the Gulf side of San Padre Island right on the beach. It’s small but is closer to work than most apartments. For the 69,900 asking price I could buy it cheaper than rent. If I end up needing to get a place there, and it is still available I’m going to seriously consider it.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
I could quite happily live somewhere like that by myself. With three other people - not a fucking chance!
"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
Don't houses like that usually come with wheels,and are called 'trailers'? Thinking

I've been looking into getting a house like that at some point. Just think of all the extra money you'd have to actually do things, buy (fewer) high quality things with, and relax without worrying about bills.

What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
The house we've just built is 168 square meters, (1808sqft) and just enough.

168 sq ft (16 sqmt) isn't a house, it's a packing crate with windows.

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 14, 2012 at 5:32 am)Zen Badger Wrote: The house we've just built is 168 square meters, (1808sqft) and just enough.

168 sq ft (16 sqmt) isn't a house, it's a packing crate with windows.

No wonder Kichi is in a bad mood. You expect a woman to be happy with a mere 1800 square foot home? For cripes sake my lab has more square footage than that.
I saw an article about ultra-micro house built by a architect in china. It's much more interesting because it is much more ingenious. He designed convertible furniture that form integral parts of the house. The house itself has sliding walls and folding ceilings. At pushes of button, the entire interior of the house can reconfigures itself into a living room, a kitchen, a dinning room, a family room or a bedroom. So although the house might be tiny, each room in it make full use of all spaces in the house and is thus respectably sized. The rooms even look stylish and professionally decorated. Iirc it was under 200 square feet also.

The same architect also designed another house that was meant to fit between two existing buildings that was less than 4 feet apart in an urban setting. So the house was also less than 4 feet wide. It was also ingenious in its layout and use of space, and creates a sense of space in rooms 4 feet wide by giving each room multiple levels.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Company that sold me my house is.... Brian37 18 1389 November 28, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Hanging out at a friends house last night. Brian37 45 4801 November 26, 2018 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Cod
  Federal Judge Orders White House To Temporarily Restore Press Access To Jim Acosta A Theist 120 10624 November 19, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Lego-Type House Building BrianSoddingBoru4 4 537 May 1, 2018 at 8:56 am
Last Post: johan
  How many days of food in your house brewer 35 2557 November 2, 2017 at 11:19 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  My house and mental health issues Brian37 17 3836 September 15, 2017 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Any Marketing Experts in the House? Rhondazvous 0 519 September 4, 2017 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the Last 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? vorlon13 30 6650 August 21, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the First 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? Rhondazvous 58 10577 August 20, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  If the White House caught fire, who are the last three T.rumps you'd save? Gawdzilla Sama 9 1627 August 19, 2017 at 10:31 am
Last Post: vorlon13