Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True or False ? Will Your Judgement Be Unbiased in Answer to the Question Revealed ?
True or False ? Will Your Judgement Be Unbiased in Answer to the Question Revealed ?

Are Some Parts of the Old Testament Written to Test Us ?

Will you give me your opinion or reason, reasons or proof ?
RE: True or False ? Will Your Judgement Be Unbiased in Answer to the Question Revealed ?
Nope, its just ramblings of people from bronze age that simply didn't knew better, edited along the years to suit the various denominations strife for power. And this applies to the new testament as well.

As to proof, its not my burden to give it, to me its like any other book like the vedas, the quran, harry potter. Taking this in mind it is YOU that needs to prove that the book is a 'test' from a 'god'.
RE: True or False ? Will Your Judgement Be Unbiased in Answer to the Question Revealed ?
(April 17, 2012 at 4:42 am)LastPoet Wrote: Nope, its just ramblings of people from bronze age that simply didn't knew better, edited along the years to suit the various denominations strife for power. And this applies to the new testament as well.

Perhaps I read that the bible was altered by the translators of the New International Version under pressure from political correctness.

(April 17, 2012 at 4:42 am)LastPoet Wrote: Nope, its just ramblings of people from bronze age that simply didn't knew better, edited along the years to suit the various denominations strife for power. And this applies to the new testament as well.

As to proof, its not my burden to give it, to me its like any other book like the vedas, the quran, harry potter. Taking this in mind it is YOU that needs to prove that the book is a 'test' from a 'god'.

What if I want to use your interpretation of the bible to know if you are trustworthy ?

I may be able to prove the bible is test for people, but maybe that will stop me from knowing the truth about you.

(April 17, 2012 at 4:34 am)Coveredone Wrote: Are Some Parts of the Old Testament Written to Test Us ?

I do not believe so due to the lack of any credible evidence for such a thing. So far I have seen no credible evidence that the Old Testament is anything more than the [at least partially plagiarised] mythology of an insignificant, Semitic tribe of bronze age goat herders. I have no idea of the intentions of the blokes who wrote it down in the seventh century bce.

Quote:Will you give me your opinion or reason, reasons or proof ?

Only what I have already written. I make no claims so have no burden of proof. I need explain or prove nothing.

Quote:I may be able to prove the bible is test for people

I for one can't wait to see that! boy,are you gonna be FAMOUS!. The first person in recorded history to ever accomplish tha task..

Quote: but maybe that will stop me from knowing the truth about you.

How impertinent. From whence did you get the idea that anyone here wants you to know 'the truth' (whatever you think that might be) about them? I'm beginning to dislike you already. Angry
(April 17, 2012 at 4:48 am)Coveredone Wrote: I may be able to prove the bible is test for people, but maybe that will stop me from knowing the truth about you.

What does this even mean? Confused Fall
(April 17, 2012 at 4:34 am)Coveredone Wrote: Are Some Parts of the Old Testament Written to Test Us ?

Will you give me your opinion or reason, reasons or proof ?

[Image: 446-What-if-Satans-master-plan-to-deciev...s-plan.jpg]

I love this poster. Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
To mature people,

What if in part of the bible one thing is said about God and in another part something opposite to that thing is said about God and a person must use their judgement of what is bad and what is good or reality to know the truth about God and to be shown in front of others as trustworthy ?
To sincere people,

What if your intepretation of the bible shows other people if you are free from prejudice ?
My interpretation of the bible is that it is a mish mash of bronze age fairytales and outdated moral commandments that has no relevance in the 21st century, or the 20th,19th,18th and 17th for that matter.

Make of that what you will.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I guess this guy may be familiar.
(April 17, 2012 at 5:38 am)Coveredone Wrote: To mature people,

What if in part of the bible one thing is said about God and in another part something opposite to that thing is said about God and a person must use their judgement of what is bad and what is good or reality to know the truth about God and to be shown in front of others as trustworthy ?

Translation:

"I can cherrypick the nice fluffy parts from the bible that I find conveniently comfortable and say they are from my god, and the awkwardly inconvenient bits are not so I can ignore them. This shows in front of others that my moral judgement of the bible is more trustworthy than yours even though I have to use exactly the same sense of right and wrong that everyone else does to be able to make the judgement in the first place."

Does this make me unbiased? Hell, does it even make me mature? Do I even give a shit?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1636 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2813 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2737 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True YahwehIsTheWay 17 2555 December 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10040 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  True Christianity Graufreud 53 4528 August 9, 2018 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Joods
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8528 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 14888 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 18501 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Satan, anti-christ, false prophet vorlon13 43 8098 November 14, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis