Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Thats my girl!
Thats my girl!
My 13 year old daughter asked a rather profound question last night: Do you believe in Evil?
Apparently its her RE homework and she has to ask all of the adults that she knows for their opinion, then write her own thoughts.

I came down this morning as she was frantically typing away, and asked about her essay.

She said that she didn't believe in Evil or Good, that these things only exist through people and how people treat each other. That blaming god or the devil for bad things in the world is not acceptable and that people have to take responsibility for their own actions.

I felt a glow of pride that she has achieved such an enlightened view, more so than so many adults in the world.
Thats my girl!
Superb!
I respect you too much to believe that you could possibly hold those ridiculous beliefs. - Richard Dawkins, 2012
RE: Thats my girl!
She has a lot of potential. Great
We need more young people to think like that!
Actually, we need more young (and old) people to think!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Outstanding! Good on her. Big Grin
She's only 13! Good for her. I'll be waiting when you get negative responses from her teacher/school/infuriated parents.
Not because you deserve them, but because I know they're coming :/

Best of luck to her!
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
A very proud "Daddy" and rightly so...well done Chuff
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
If a 13 year old girl can figure it out (no disrespect ofcourse she's obviously very intelligent) then these adults who believe this tripe really have no excuse.
(May 2, 2012 at 4:07 am)Chuff Wrote: My 13 year old daughter asked a rather profound question last night: Do you believe in Evil?
Apparently its her RE homework and she has to ask all of the adults that she knows for their opinion, then write her own thoughts.

I came down this morning as she was frantically typing away, and asked about her essay.

She said that she didn't believe in Evil or Good, that these things only exist through people and how people treat each other. That blaming god or the devil for bad things in the world is not acceptable and that people have to take responsibility for their own actions.

I felt a glow of pride that she has achieved such an enlightened view, more so than so many adults in the world.

My concept of good and evil centers on a range of ideals.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Mate,if she was my daughter, I'd be so proud I'd probably just shit. Tiger

That's pretty profound thinking for a 13yr old. PLEASE let us know what grade she gets.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fancy Drink Girl? particleman 10 1617 July 17, 2019 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  I asked a girl out.... Mystic 51 4459 March 30, 2018 at 3:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  [Update 2] of (So, I complimented this girl today...) Somecoolguy 10 2215 September 7, 2017 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  [Update 1] of (So, I complimented this girl today...) Somecoolguy 44 10652 September 3, 2017 at 9:04 am
  So, I complimented this girl today... Somecoolguy 112 24241 September 2, 2017 at 3:43 pm
  Post your dream girl Macoleco 119 18901 October 28, 2016 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Athene
  Dinner for a Francophile girl mcolafson 10 2272 September 26, 2016 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Ask A Blind Girl!: The Reboot BrokenQuill92 44 7838 May 2, 2014 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Ask A Blind Girl! BrokenQuill92 26 6507 December 31, 2013 at 5:40 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  do you think this girl is good? leodeo 20 2971 November 22, 2013 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: paulpablo