Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I asked a girl out....
I asked a girl out....
She said no when I asked if she wanted to have coffee sometime after exams........................but in a nice "I'm busy" (even after exams) way.

I'll be ok...........................I think.......I hope...........
RE: I asked a girl out....
Plenty of fish in the sea buddy.
It still hurts though. I know I will have plenty of chances and meet more people. Still hurts.
(March 28, 2018 at 3:51 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: She said no when I asked if she wanted to have coffee sometime after exams........................but in a nice "I'm busy" (even after exams) way.

I'll be ok...........................I think.......I hope...........

You will be ok if you accept that nobody is obligated to love you. I AM VERY SERIOUS. I used to get depressed myself when girls turned me down. I got over it. It doesn't make her wrong for saying no. There are far more many women in the world. You won't get anywhere, even making just friends if you chase utopias with anyone. Just be yourself, if someone likes you they do, if they don't they don't you move on. 

Your real friends will love you and accept you for you. Any potential date/girlfriend also will like you for you. But it is still up to them, not you. 

I am 51, got rejected plenty of times, I've dated, was married now divorced. 

I used to think "Why doesn't she like me?"

Now I would say, "Oh well, that's life". 

MK everyone gets rejected when asking someone out, it isn't the end of the world.
I'm sorry friend. Sad
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Don’t sweat it, MK. There are lots of ladies out there.

I honestly feel for you guys though. If I always had to do the asking, I’d be alone forever. My fragile ego cannot handle rejection.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Hey you took the step right? I think it's probably bad to build women up in our minds so they're super special when there may not be justification. Although for all I know you could be good friends with her. That happened to me once. But making things huge in my mind is something I do.
(March 28, 2018 at 4:11 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: I honestly feel for you guys though.  If I always had to do the asking, I’d be alone forever.  My fragile ego cannot handle rejection.

Same here. Unfortunately I have testicles.

(March 28, 2018 at 4:13 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: I think it's probably bad to build women up in our minds so they're super special when there may not be justification.

They are though. And there is a justification: They have sweet sweet vaginas, and tasty titties! And their butts are shapely and feminine and nothing at all like a square hairy man-butt!

... I'll see myself out.
(March 28, 2018 at 4:11 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Don’t sweat it, MK.  There are lots of ladies out there.

I honestly feel for you guys though.  If I always had to do the asking, I’d be alone forever.  My fragile ego cannot handle rejection.

When I was a teen and in my early 20s I also used to have a very fragile ego, and getting rejected hurt. But hormones at that age are a cluster pluck! I am glad I am older because you do learn over time eventually someone will say yes. The key is not to focus on the rejection, move on.
I liked how she looked true. But I liked her personality as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fancy Drink Girl? particleman 10 1617 July 17, 2019 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  are any of you honest enough to simply answer the question asked? Drich 120 10763 February 13, 2019 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Update 2] of (So, I complimented this girl today...) Somecoolguy 10 2215 September 7, 2017 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  [Update 1] of (So, I complimented this girl today...) Somecoolguy 44 10653 September 3, 2017 at 9:04 am
  So, I complimented this girl today... Somecoolguy 112 24249 September 2, 2017 at 3:43 pm
  Post your dream girl Macoleco 119 18901 October 28, 2016 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Athene
  Dinner for a Francophile girl mcolafson 10 2273 September 26, 2016 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  So I asked a guy out on a date... SteelCurtain 29 2717 May 9, 2016 at 12:29 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  My doctor asked me to pray. Jehanne 146 17938 April 3, 2016 at 6:20 am
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  One question I don't see asked enough. Brian37 15 2526 February 19, 2015 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Brian37