Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So let me properly introduce myself..
So let me properly introduce myself..
Hi all, I've posted a couple of links to my blog already. Allow me to explain my position.

Reading around a lot of people are inexperience in the faith of Christianity. Or religion as a whole. I have deeply looked into the subject, and found that reasoning is more deep and complex then one can imagine, and this is dangerous because a lot of our arguments are actually very easy to answer.

In the face of a Christian on the warpath for spreading the good news, a lot of us have no leg to stand on. My blog is to equip an atheist with the correct views on the world biggest faith, because when you know all the correct, unbiased facts, it's much easier to bring something down. A lot of us think Christianity is a boot, when it's actually a fish. When one actually looks into these facts, one must come up with better arguments to remain in opposition! I hope you see my point. Thanks

RE: So let me properly introduce myself..
You are making a lot of assumptions. Not everyone here, but many of us, have been of faith. But even if you were a believer or have been an atheist for the rest of your life, it doesn't take much to realize the absurdity, especially well presented in the bible.
On the other hand, if you do have facts, please present them, I'm sure there are many who would like to go though the material, if there is indeed something we've overlooked.

Might I ask (if you are a Christian), what particular branch you belong to? At least it is easier for me to understand your point of view, if I know what faction you favor.

Welcome!
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I'm not 'opposing' in any way. Until evidence for their god to be provided and anyone couldn't unquestionably deny it, I feel no reason to have those beliefs.

Welcome
(May 7, 2012 at 8:06 am)theatheistguide Wrote: Reading around a lot of people are inexperience in the faith of Christianity.

I think you'll find that many atheists here were once Christian. Some had strong faith. You are gravely mistaken.
Personally I have never believed, but I'm not required to.
Besides, it's not about having experience in a certain faith, it's about questioning it's claims and seeing if it has any basis in reality.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(May 7, 2012 at 8:06 am)theatheistguide Wrote: Reading around a lot of people are inexperience in the faith of Christianity. Or religion as a whole. I have deeply looked into the subject, and found that reasoning is more deep and complex then one can imagine, and this is dangerous because a lot of our arguments are actually very easy to answer.

In the face of a Christian on the warpath for spreading the good news, a lot of us have no leg to stand on.

Oh my lord! I'm so glad you're here to save us all and make us become better at arguing with the religious because we've all clearly not been able to cope up until now!

Jesus you don't half overestimate your importance do you?
Theists claim a god exists. I (as an atheist) say that I do not believe that claim. What's to argue? Maybe Theists should figure out how to convince me to believe that their claim is true. Until they can do that... there is no argument.
meh Welcome anyway Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
hmmmm. polite I suppose ..... but nobody likes being told by anyone that they're going to be your new mentor. Never mind the fact that the "assistance" from this new self-proclaimed mentor was not even requested.

Strange way to say hello, but I guess ..... hello.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(May 7, 2012 at 8:06 am)theatheistguide Wrote: A lot of us think Christianity is a boot, when it's actually a fish.

Bong

Seriously though, welcome Smile
Hmmm, I can't wait to be told the correct way to think. All of this time, I have been trying to think for myself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Letter to Myself scamper 8 1035 October 14, 2022 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Let me get to know more about you.... KittyAnn 46 6186 November 21, 2017 at 6:52 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  I never introduced myself shadow 14 3698 July 23, 2017 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Let's Try This Again Definitely Disillusioned 8 2006 July 4, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Allow me to introduce myself. I bring a gift for everyone. Adrian Ferrer 18 2168 March 26, 2017 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  introducing myself BehindTheGnoll 14 1596 January 18, 2017 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  From Jesus to just Myself Wrikudoro 13 3345 February 8, 2016 at 3:04 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Myself John Algar 17 2364 September 9, 2015 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  I guess I should introduce myself cocunningham 26 3865 May 31, 2015 at 12:49 am
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Please let this be better then the other af. Indiveren 46 10458 December 5, 2014 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman