Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let me get to know more about you....
Let me get to know more about you....
Can we start again ... with a thread ..... where do you come from?
if anything has changed...? It was a very cool idea... Smile
But now we can slightly expand this thread, but of course if you only want....
So where do you come from... what do you do...
why are you here...what do you looking for in your life....
tell us something about your family, about your pet...and so on....
If you only want to talk about anything, if you feel like sharing....
..and of course nice photos are welcome Wink

ps. I know that old forum regulars may not be interested in this anymore..
but anyway... I think the new users are coming all the time, so...
"Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." 
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
RE: Let me get to know more about you....
(November 16, 2017 at 1:22 pm)KittyAnn Wrote: Can we start again ... with a thread ..... where do you come from?

That's a lot of questions. Here are short answers.

A uterus in fly over country.
As little as possible, retired. 
By accident.
More life, less dwindling. 
Wife, one son, one sister. The rest are in heaven. Wait...........
Two dogs that run the family.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 16, 2017 at 1:22 pm)KittyAnn Wrote: So where do you come from...
I came from my parents
(November 16, 2017 at 1:22 pm)KittyAnn Wrote: what do you do...
I am a programmer
(November 16, 2017 at 1:22 pm)KittyAnn Wrote: why are you here...
I am here because my parents...err...umm... how old are you again?
(November 16, 2017 at 1:22 pm)KittyAnn Wrote: what do you looking for in your life....
Money
(November 16, 2017 at 1:22 pm)KittyAnn Wrote: tell us something about your family
hmm.. that will take too long to type and I am lazy
(November 16, 2017 at 1:22 pm)KittyAnn Wrote: about your pet
Had one.. got too attached... don't want the heartache anymore so no pets for me
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(November 16, 2017 at 1:22 pm)KittyAnn Wrote: what do you looking for in your life....

I like this question.
I actually think it's a good thread. But I'm having a nap attack, so I'll address this later.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I was born in Ohio in the US, and I now live in Georgia (the state not the country). I work at an elementary school. I’m here on AF because it’s a really nice community and I’ve made some great friends here. I have 3 awesome kids, 3 heffalumps (doggos), 3 horses and a pony.

In life, I mostly look for ways to distract myself. Work, activities with my kids, helping rescue animals (mostly horses but sometimes other animals), volunteering to help people in various ways. I try to keep myself as busy as possible because I struggle with depression and anxiety and being really busy seems to help me ignore those things.

I am a pansexual female and I enjoy long walks and drinking rum, my phone number is....oh wait this isn’t a dating advert...
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Welcome aboard.

Quote:where do you come from?
Swamps and sub tropical hammocks.  

Quote:if anything has changed...?
I live in some landlocked mountains now, for starters.

Quote:what do you do...
I dig holes for a living.  
Quote:why are you here
I mostly show up when it;s raining..or when it;s too cold..or too hot....too early or too late.  Anything that might mean that my presence damages a crop.
Quote:...what do you looking for in your life....
A bigger, greener field...with enough rocks for a tall chimney but not too many to grow a potato. Bonus points for a deep creek and some trees that can hold a swing up.
Quote:tell us something about your family,
There are alot of us.
Quote:about your pet
She's gonna be awesome!

etc...etc...etc...

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Where do you come from? The Lone Star State, paradise on Earth, Uh I mean the heart of Texas USA
What do you do? Bank Supervisor
Why are you here? While Texas is my personal paradise in the land, climate, and charm it is still in the bible belt. I don't know any other atheists so I come here to have people that share my ideas.
What do you look for in your life? Happiness. I don't want the big house, lots of cars, or any of that jazz. I just want to pay my bills for a home that fits my family, go to work and be productive, and come home to spend time with those I love.
Tell us something about your family, about your pet...and so on.... My family will include a little monster here in less than a month. Her daddy and I are very excited although her furbrother is already showing signs of jealousy.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(November 16, 2017 at 1:22 pm)KittyAnn Wrote: Can we start again ... with a thread ..... where do you come from?

I come from Mars ask anyone here.

I am a professional cornball, with a side of contrarian.

What am I looking for in my life? Breathing mainly, anything less would cause problems.

My family, well, lost my adoptive mother and biggest supporter this past March. I have biological family in Atlanta and in the Midwest. My younger sister in Atlanta is the only other atheist in my family.
Where do you come from? San Diego, born and currently, but have also lived down south, in New England, and in the mid-Atlantic.

What do you do? I am disabled from birth.  I have been a phone sales associate, a front end associate, and a library assistant as well, but that was in better health. 

Why are you here? I like online communities, and sought an atheist community in the mid-'00s. That one eventually turned kind of cliquish, so I left and found this one. 

What do you look for in your life? Decent people. Hard to come by.

Tell us something about your family, about your pet...and so on.... I'm 41 and unmarried. No kids. I don't want any of the above. No siblings, either. The parents live 20 min. north of me. My extended family is mostly in Cleveland and St. Louis, but also Vancouver, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Florida.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yeah you know what? Fuck it. Fuck God and fuck all religions. Gentle_Idiot 12 1452 October 12, 2022 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Let's Try This Again Definitely Disillusioned 8 2004 July 4, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Please let this be better then the other af. Indiveren 46 10449 December 5, 2014 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Mandatory Hi and Let's Get to Business! AllForChrist 8 1911 November 15, 2014 at 7:47 am
Last Post: c172
  well I'm here ,what do you know.. Artur Axmann 10 2394 May 28, 2014 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Brakeman
  You lot just let anyone join huh? Revenant77x 28 5597 March 25, 2014 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Getting to know you all a little better Hughsie 80 17470 October 13, 2012 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Let's Start Over, I'm Blackrook and I'm Here to Get Some Answers to Important Questions Blackrook 48 18080 October 3, 2012 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake
  So let me properly introduce myself.. theatheistguide 24 10056 May 8, 2012 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
Heart You had me at "Get the hell out!" ChristianKnight 26 6752 January 12, 2012 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Cyberman