Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama against same sex marriage
Obama against same sex marriage
This is an old video (circa 2008) that show Obama carefully saying that he's for civil unions but not same sex marriages. Understanding that my personal stand on this topic and those expressed in the video are different. What do you think about the video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6K9dS9wl7U
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Obama against same sex marriage
He's a fucking charlatan, so who know's wtf he's thinking. I doubt he really cares, he just says shit to get elected, despite his 'i dont care if im a 1 term president' rhetoric. Still 1 million times better than the competition.
Eh, currently he doesn't oppose the idea of same sex marraiges, he just doesn't want to make them a staple in his platform for the reelection. I really don't see a problem with that, although he would probably gain more votes by doing so, but it goes against his "morals" so he refuses. Meh.
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner.
Well, can he? He hopes to gain votes from everyone. I surely would not make too hasty comments on such an issue. Remember how he toyed with the Armenians? The fools thought that he really would step over us in favor of some votes.
Fools, indeed.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Related question: How can you tell when a politician is lying? His lips are moving.

Seriously, he's going to couch his words in such a way so as to gain as many / lose as few votes as possible while not completely alienating his base.

Another related question: What do you call a politician who always tells the truth? Unelectable.

As 5th said, he's way better than the alternatives, then and today.
Politicians should be tools for those who know how to use them, and have sufficient power to wield them.
Obama is such a tool.
I hope he can become our tool in the future.
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
He's just got no backbone. I think that he really does have every intention to do what he said he would, and he has already done a lot even though people fail to realize that. I'm voting for the lesser of two evils.
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner.
Oh, he's got a backbone. He just chooses to ignore it in the name of bipartisanship. He seems more interested in getting his critics to like him than pushing the agenda of the people that elected him.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 8, 2012 at 3:22 pm)jess_essential Wrote: He's just got no backbone. I think that he really does have every intention to do what he said he would, and he has already done a lot even though people fail to realize that. I'm voting for the lesser of two evils.

Voting for the lesser of two evils, are you?
Is this the reason why you vote for him? Like, due to his stance on gay marriage?
Then I'd say that you have the least of all problems on earth if you choose the lesser of two evils on this subject alone.
^ Funny. Why would I vote for someone that doesn't promote gay marriage? When if you look at it, it is more than possible that I will infact desire to marry a woman one day? Could be a man also, never know. Love and sexuality are fluid. If I was planning on voting for him because of his stance on gay marriage, I would be a fool. Have you even SEEN the other options for this election? Have you? If you'd like to have a republican in office, (assuming you live in this country), then go right on ahead and vote for one! Conservatives are ridiculous. ROFLOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1307 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1155 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 525 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Aren't Judaism and Aryanism the same thing? Sweden83 63 2705 December 4, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: no one
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1542 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1562 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1579 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 565 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1546 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Crusaders and Jihadists: 2 faces of the same coin WinterHold 25 2822 July 26, 2019 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3