Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Complaint With Atheism/Atheists
My Complaint With Atheism/Atheists
I have been on a number of atheist boards and in discussion with numerous atheists. I am in one now on same sex marriage with a scholar at an american university and he does what all atheists do, that I have come in contact with,--He puts words into my mouth that I did not say and credits me with acts I did not do.

it gets old after awhile but that is not my focus with this thread. One major complaint (aside from their subjectivity) is their claim to be moral when in reality they are not.

Atheists claim that religious people do not have a monopoly on morality but if one looks at the atheistic way of life, their is no source for their own supposed moral code.

Where do they get their idea of morality from? Well they will not admit to it but they hijack a lot of it from the Bible but they also allow themselves wiggle room to be able to lie, misrepresent what others say, alter quotes to fit their arguments, be abusive, being hypocritical, using double standards and other minor sins they deem not important.

In God's eye they are not moral, in my eyes they are not being moral but fudging the lines to do whatever they feel like when the situation calls for it.

In other words, I do not find atheists to be as moral as they claim and their words and actions bear this conclusion out. How can they say they are moral when they will be immoral when it benefits them?

RE: My Complaint With Atheism/Atheists
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Haha! You really are funny.

"Atheist way of life". Hahaha!

People are people are people.
I get my morality from moral reasoning. I don't hijack it from the bible, I ask 2 simple questions:

1. Does it violate an individual's autonomy?

2. Does it contribute to, degrade, or have no impact on society.

I don't misrepresent what other's say, or at least if I do it's on accident, I don't alter quotes to fit my arguments, I'm hardly abusive, I really hate hypocrisy, and I definitely don't have double standards. What were you saying again?
(May 9, 2012 at 5:36 pm)DeeTee Wrote: I have been on a number of atheist boards and in discussion with numerous atheists. I am in one now on same sex marriage with a scholar at an american university and he does what all atheists do, that I have come in contact with,--He puts words into my mouth that I did not say and credits me with acts I did not do.

it gets old after awhile but that is not my focus with this thread. One major complaint (aside from their subjectivity) is their claim to be moral when in reality they are not.

Atheists claim that religious people do not have a monopoly on morality but if one looks at the atheistic way of life, their is no source for their own supposed moral code.

Where do they get their idea of morality from? Well they will not admit to it but they hijack a lot of it from the Bible but they also allow themselves wiggle room to be able to lie, misrepresent what others say, alter quotes to fit their arguments, be abusive, being hypocritical, using double standards and other minor sins they deem not important.

In God's eye they are not moral, in my eyes they are not being moral but fudging the lines to do whatever they feel like when the situation calls for it.

In other words, I do not find atheists to be as moral as they claim and their words and actions bear this conclusion out. How can they say they are moral when they will be immoral when it benefits them?

You seem to be arguing against your own personal view of atheists which, as far as I can tell, is as devoid from reality as is your ideology.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
You do realise the Bible borrows its moral teachings from other points in history right? Morality is passed down, and it evolves just as everything else does. Everyone is moral in their own way; there is not one moral standard which fits neatly over everyone.
No one cares, DeeTee. You're lumping atheists into a group, assuming they all have the same self image. That is your folly and what makes your post nonsense. Chalk it up to you don't like people disagreeing with you and move on with your fucking life.
[Image: 35z5vg.jpg]
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
It seems you have not heard of something called a conscience.

You seriously believe that all morality stems from the bible? If so, how can you explain the fact that people didn't go around randomly killing each other before it existed?

The bible does not have a monopoly on morality. It did not create it, it did not spread it.

Quote:Where do they get their idea of morality from? Well they will not admit to it but they hijack a lot of it from the Bible but they also allow themselves wiggle room to be able to lie, misrepresent what others say, alter quotes to fit their arguments, be abusive, being hypocritical, using double standards and other minor sins they deem not important.

Evolution gives us our morality - it stems from empathy and a desire to further the species, but this argument has been done to death on another thread: http://atheistforums.org/thread-12306.html

Quote:it gets old after awhile but that is not my focus with this thread. One major complaint (aside from their subjectivity) is their claim to be moral when in reality they are not.

Another blanket statement with no evidence. You seem to do a lot of these.

Quote:Atheists claim that religious people do not have a monopoly on morality but if one looks at the atheistic way of life, their is no source for their own supposed moral code.

There is no atheistic way of life. That has been said many times on this forum. It is simply the lack of belief in god(s). Nothing more. We also have no moral code specific to us.

(May 9, 2012 at 5:36 pm)DeeTee Wrote: they hijack a lot of it from the Bible but they also allow themselves wiggle room to be able to lie, misrepresent what others say, alter quotes to fit their arguments, be abusive, being hypocritical, using double standards and other minor sins they deem not important.
Quote:He puts words into my mouth that I did not say and credits me with acts I did not do.
You just credited US with an act we did not do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star A positive identity for atheists - Crusading Faithful Atheism Duty 95 6238 February 27, 2022 at 1:41 am
Last Post: Duty
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2204 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27132 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  When Atheists Can't Think Episode 2: Proving Atheism False Heat 18 3401 December 22, 2015 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12481 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Atheists who preach religion and theists who preach atheism Matt Gabe 8 3783 December 25, 2014 at 4:55 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12155 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10497 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Atheists are brainwashed; atheism is a hoax, folks! CleanShavenJesus 19 6008 June 18, 2013 at 4:50 am
Last Post: littleendian
  Atheism is a vat of regurgitated horse turd, liquefied and main-lined by atheists Vincenzo Vinny G. 36 21192 September 18, 2012 at 8:11 am
Last Post: TaraJo