Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EVE Online
EVE Online
Does anybody around here play EVE?
[Image: hoviksig-1.png]
Ex Machina Libertas
RE: EVE Online
I used too. I got quite far in the game. Stopped going on it because it was too time consuming and the fee was going up and up. Just decided to leave it and find something else, that something else was Xbox. Tongue
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
For years and years. Not so much anymore.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Its like WoW in that it takes too much of your time up, it might as well be a job.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(May 15, 2012 at 9:09 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: Its like WoW in that it takes too much of your time up, it might as well be a job.

That's an odd perspective. For me, EVE is the least time-consuming game I've ever played, considering their skill system of setting something to train even when you're not online. Player progression is based on time, not hours spent in-game.

(May 15, 2012 at 5:10 am)Ace Otana Wrote: I used too. I got quite far in the game. Stopped going on it because it was too time consuming and the fee was going up and up. Just decided to leave it and find something else, that something else was Xbox. Tongue

You know you can pay the game's fee with in-game money now? Something you might be interested in if you wanted to go back.
Ex Machina Libertas
(May 15, 2012 at 2:30 pm)Hovik Wrote: You know you can pay the game's fee with in-game money now? Something you might be interested in if you wanted to go back.

Nah. Lost interest. Also I know about the pilot licence thing you buy which gives you 30 days free play, however the catch to it is that it's very hard to get because it costs too much and you will need to invest significant time to acquire the wealth to buy it which affects the general interest level for the game.

Unless their prices is reduced, I'll pass. Big Grin

A couple of airfields were unhappy when I told them I won't be training anymore due to the extreme prices. Since then the prices have actually become worse and more young wanna be aviators like myself surrendered their wings and aborted the training. Life sucks when money gets in the way.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(May 15, 2012 at 4:18 pm)Ace Otana Wrote:
(May 15, 2012 at 2:30 pm)Hovik Wrote: You know you can pay the game's fee with in-game money now? Something you might be interested in if you wanted to go back.

Nah. Lost interest. Also I know about the pilot licence thing you buy which gives you 30 days free play, however the catch to it is that it's very hard to get because it costs too much and you will need to invest significant time to acquire the wealth to buy it which affects the general interest level for the game.

Unless their prices is reduced, I'll pass. Big Grin

A couple of airfields were unhappy when I told them I won't be training anymore due to the extreme prices. Since then the prices have actually become worse and more young wanna be aviators like myself surrendered their wings and aborted the training. Life sucks when money gets in the way.

I can see where you're coming from, but realistically buying PLEX isn't all that hard. You can do it within a few weeks if you try, and once you've played the game for a while (say three months or so), you'll be making enough ISK to where it becomes very easily self-sustainable.

Nothing can really make you interested in the game if you've lost interest, of course. I will say that there have been a lot of exciting changes to the game.
Ex Machina Libertas
(May 15, 2012 at 4:22 pm)Hovik Wrote: I can see where you're coming from, but realistically buying PLEX isn't all that hard. You can do it within a few weeks if you try, and once you've played the game for a while (say three months or so), you'll be making enough ISK to where it becomes very easily self-sustainable.

Nothing can really make you interested in the game if you've lost interest, of course. I will say that there have been a lot of exciting changes to the game.

I've tried old boy. Instead of saving up for bigger and better ships, most if not all the ISK goes to buying PLEX. Kinda removes the whole point of the game. Can't progress properly. More time is needed in playing the game just to be able to afford another pilots licence thing.

So, I'm gonna pass on it. Big Grin

I may give it another try, just to see what's new.
I've played it, had a stint in AAA when we were fighting IT and INIT. Good fun, but nullsec is a helluva time sink.

I might try it again in the future.
I respect you too much to believe that you could possibly hold those ridiculous beliefs. - Richard Dawkins, 2012

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone here play GTA Online? copiedusername 2 691 December 17, 2019 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: copiedusername
  Anyone else here play eve online? Lemonvariable72 15 2904 June 3, 2015 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Star Trek Online Vox Populi 10 1595 May 1, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  EVE online dyresand 10 1962 November 21, 2014 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Elder Scrolls Online - Solo Gaming ManMachine 0 1006 July 17, 2014 at 11:14 am
Last Post: ManMachine
  Eve online Lemonvariable72 1 582 June 21, 2014 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Nine
  Elder Scrolls Online OGirly 17 3589 April 3, 2014 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Anyone here play Star Trek Online Fidel_Castronaut 9 2539 March 27, 2014 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  MechWarrior Online Annik 5 1639 April 4, 2013 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Dungeons and Dragons Online Aegrus 4 1657 June 1, 2012 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Epimethean