Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes campaign, too soon?
Yes campaign, too soon?
It is said that a week is a long time in politics, so how about 2 years? Has the Scottish FM called his yes campaign 2 years too early? In a society that is becoming jaded with politics and politicians, what are the chances that they can sustain this campaign? Will it do more harm than good calling it so early?

BBC News - Scottish independence: One million Scots urged to sign 'yes' declaration
RE: Yes campaign, too soon?
The more they campaign, the more people they will convert to their side. A good idea IMO.
They can have their own philharmonic orchestra with 100 bagpipes.
If they do go how long until they try and invade? you cant trust them scots.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Aye, it seems like a fine idea starting the campaign now. It is something that has to have a long time for people to think about. This is important.
Cunt
Yes to what ??
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(May 27, 2012 at 2:12 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Yes to what ??

Ummmm Scottish Independence?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(May 27, 2012 at 4:49 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
(May 27, 2012 at 2:12 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Yes to what ??

Ummmm Scottish Independence?

What? So they can get to fighting each other instead of the Brits?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(May 27, 2012 at 7:09 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(May 27, 2012 at 4:49 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Ummmm Scottish Independence?

What? So they can get to fighting each other instead of the Brits?
yep and well the English any way, I wish them the best of luck, I see how long it takes before they release there to intertwined with the rest of the British counties.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
So what are the benefits to Scottish independence from the UK, exactly? If any? What kind of government are they hoping to run by? Are they going to maintain trade and alliances with the UK? What's their plan, exactly?

Don't get me wrong; as an American, the idea of another nation declaring independence from England is fucking awesome to me. But I hope they have a plan for how they'll go about it, is all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1164 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Concert in support of Biden campaign Foxaèr 8 536 October 25, 2020 at 5:07 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Campaign Conundrum onlinebiker 1 294 June 23, 2020 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  creepy trump campaign ad Cepheus Ace 9 1175 December 22, 2018 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  I’m sick of the far left too Losty 93 4054 November 27, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Does the media give too Trump too much attention GODZILLA 9 1320 October 21, 2018 at 3:04 am
Last Post: Jade-Green Stone
  Campaign ad: senior citizens mock millennials Foxaèr 18 1976 October 11, 2018 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  Too bad we can't make a pilgrimage from 'Murica Foxaèr 8 1069 September 9, 2018 at 8:06 am
Last Post: brewer
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 575 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Shocked Do you think Trump will be arrested or kicked out of the White House soon? WinterHold 32 3789 July 25, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: John V