Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If christianity were true [hypothetical]
If christianity were true [hypothetical]
If... the fact being were all born of sin... why would we or why should we continue the human race and produce i mean 
if this is all a test and god is there should the earlier humans be like.... you know what i don't want children
so all it takes really is for people to stop reproducing i mean what's god going to do anyways if his chosen people were
to not reproduce he couldn't get exactly angry i mean why would he lol.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: If christianity were true [hypothetical]
(June 15, 2016 at 7:45 pm)dyresand Wrote: If... the fact being were all born of sin... why would we or why should we continue the human race and produce...
(partial quote)

Because sex feels good?
If christianity were true...nothing in my life changes.  I don't begin to wonder, because of that, why or whether I should have children.  I don't reassess anything, in fact...as there's nothing to reassess.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I agree.

Human extinction is required to eliminate all sin.
Dying to live, living to die.
If christianity is true, I launch nukes towards heaven.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(June 15, 2016 at 7:55 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: If christianity is true, I launch nukes towards heaven.

The worst possible reality I could imagine is one controlled by the Abrahamic god.

Infinite punishment for a finite thought crime is the most immoral, unjust punishments imaginable. 

It would be any moral beings duty to fight such a god.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(June 15, 2016 at 7:59 pm)Simon Moon Wrote:
(June 15, 2016 at 7:55 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: If christianity is true, I launch nukes towards heaven.

The worst possible reality I could imagine is one controlled by the Abrahamic god.

Infinite punishment for a finite thought crime is the most immoral, unjust punishments imaginable. 

It would be any moral beings duty to fight such a god.

What punishment? After I nuke heaven, I am definitely not getting into heaven, and even if the bearded dictator decides to forgive me, I'd just break a random rule, like taking the lord's name in vain or something, and I'll be saved (from heaven).

As for hell, well the demons do seem more reasonable, so I think I can work out some deals with them, after all I have got an eternity to talk them into it. Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I don't think I could stand by while people nailed someone to a post for their own misdeeds either.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 15, 2016 at 7:59 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: It would be any moral beings duty to fight such a god.

It wouldn't be a fair fight because god has super powers.
(June 15, 2016 at 8:04 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I don't think I could stand by while people nailed someone to a post for their own misdeeds either.

That should definitely not be legal. I know in some countries they allow it on willing victims. It's pretty scary how self destructive some people are.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3267 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Are you a better atheist today than you were yesterday? Foxaèr 17 1575 March 24, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If there were no atheists? Graufreud 24 4117 July 20, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  If the Bible is false, why are its prophecies coming true? pgardner2358 3 1639 June 9, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  What were your first questions? Sayetsu 51 7701 March 28, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  True Christian (TM) Answers Your Questions YahwehIsTheWay 43 8882 April 11, 2017 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Muslims are using this NASA video as proof that islam is true and that allah exists LetThereBeNoGod 10 3962 February 16, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: LetThereBeNoGod
Wink 100% proof why atheism is True!!! Edward John 89 11933 November 10, 2016 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Do you think you'd still be a believer if the bible were more pleasant/accurate? Cecelia 53 7023 May 17, 2016 at 11:11 am
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
Question If you were ever a theist... *Deidre* 347 50636 January 12, 2016 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*