Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's growing in your garden?
What's growing in your garden?
For the gardeners among us, a thread to look into each others gardens or into gardens we like. (Kichi I lost that other thread again. Maybe it's time for a new one?)

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Here are a couple snaps from yesterday.

[Image: 7299623698_3d72edaab9.jpg]

[Image: 7299628052_f72f16b424.jpg]

[Image: 7299631564_2b3901f604.jpg]
RE: What's growing in your garden?
tomato, sugar snaps, corn, onions, garlic, asparagus, cucumbers, zuchinis, eggplants, yellow squash, watermelons, mint, strawberries, lettuce, radishes, kale, blue/black/raspberries, beans, dill, basil, carrots, peppers, okra, cabbages, broccoli, cauliflower, and above all....weeds.
(I'll get some pics when the sun is shining)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 30, 2012 at 2:49 pm)Rhythm Wrote: tomato, sugar snaps, corn, onions, garlic, asparagus, cucumbers, zuchinis, eggplants, yellow squash, watermelons, mint, strawberries, lettuce, radishes, kale, blue/black/raspberries, beans, dill, basil, carrots, peppers, okra, cabbages, broccoli, cauliflower, and above all....weeds.
(I'll get some pics when the sun is shining)

You are as practical as I was when I first started gardening. Used to be, if you couldn't eat it, I didn't grow it. Now the only edibles I grow are fruit. I grow pomegranates, two kinds of persimmons, two kinds of apples, two kinds of cherry, lemons, plums and figs.

Now all I plant are ornamentals and, aside from the fruit, all I harvest is the vibe and some photos. Perhaps we lose practicality as we age?
I'm horrible at gardening, but I'll try to make my balcony-to-be a green place. I'll post pics later Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Hehehe, nah, I lease a few acres out for commercial production so my home garden gets filled with whatever transplants I have left over. I'm cheap, not practical.

I grow grapes too...forgot to mention those.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Weeds. And the disturbing sound of screams coming from the person I buried there last night.
(May 30, 2012 at 3:09 pm)Napoleon Wrote: Weeds. And the disturbing sound of screams coming from the person I buried there last night.

Was the "s" intentional? Were you forced to plant someone who tried to harvest your weed(s)?
(May 30, 2012 at 3:11 pm)whateverist Wrote: Was the "s" intentional? Were you forced to plant someone who tried to harvest your weed(s)?

I'm saying there are weeds growing in my garden, and the screams of the person buried there are getting louder, gah Facepalm totally ruined it.
This is what Kichi and I have been building over the last few days....

[Image: 317989_3477291884642_800252004_n.jpg]

[Image: 536278_3477291164624_1186484602_n.jpg]

[Image: 380204_3477288684562_1041578266_3078699_...1210_n.jpg]

[Image: 285674_3476960196350_6905346_n.jpg]

BTW what I'm talking about is pretty much the whole damn lot, two weeks ago that area was a big patch of sand.Big Grin
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
That is truly beautiful Zen, .. very Zen in fact I suppose.

My Garden is a philosophical work, depicting the war between nature and mankind's intrusion.

Nature is winning so far.. it defeated my last stand of expensive weedkiller and kept on coming, so now my gardening efforts are reduced to waving a white flag hoping it will take mercy on me.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What ya got growing this summer? brewer 11 536 June 5, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Out of the garden. onlinebiker 1 322 August 16, 2019 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The reality of growing up. dyresand 8 1673 March 4, 2015 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Deppea splendens in bloom now for the first time in my garden. Whateverist 5 1075 October 26, 2014 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Sunny day in the garden Whateverist 6 916 June 9, 2014 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Who needs a spring garden infusion? Whateverist 1 1043 April 5, 2013 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: Darwinian