Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 8:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*shock horror!* A convert to Islam was plotting a terrorist attack!
*shock horror!* A convert to Islam was plotting a terrorist attack!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8108206.stm

Can't say I am surprised at any of this. A student who converted to Islam makes a suicide vest and explosives, is arrested, and then brags about his planned attack to his cell mates.

I seem to remember something in the Koran about "killing infidels"...
RE: *shock horror!* A convert to Islam was plotting a terrorist attack!
Are you trying to imply a link between islam and terror? Surely not Shock
I hope not Adrian, because that would be racist to the....uh...'Islamic Race'...because religions are races as all non-retarded people know Wink

EvF
(June 18, 2009 at 4:10 pm)LukeMC Wrote: Are you trying to imply a link between islam and terror? Surely not Shock
No of course not! It's a complete coincidence that 100% of the world's terrorists are Muslims...
Adrian, make that about 90%, the other 10% would be the "Extreme" Christian nut jobs......Smile
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
I don't buy the whole "extremist" label. It's pretty clear that the "extremists" are just the most devout of their respective religions. Extremism is simply a term made up by people who reject the stupid parts of their religion without rejecting it outright (i.e. the hypocrites).
I agree 100%, but logic and pure observation can also show you the difference between a person who goes to church on Sundays, reads the Bible from time to time and considers themselves a devout Baptist, Catholic, Methodist etc..

And then take that same scenario and add for those choice few, abortion clinic bombings, beatings in a "God's name", etc. etc. etc.

In other words, there is a difference between the two.....One is just an extreme believer (Usually believes the Bible's laws and context word for word without question) and the other is someone who is a bit more lax with not taking every word of the Bible on their sleeve.

However, for me personally, their all full of shit...Wink
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
Off with the heads of all who say Islam is violent!
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Even though religion can make someone to do violent acts, do I still think it's unfair to simply say Islam make people terrorists. It acctually depends on how the religion is used by people.

In the middle east where religion is a big topic do they fight over their religions and for their religions. Here in the western world, were money is the biggest priorety, are we fighting over economy and wealth. In africa is it a mix of both, but mainly money and natural resources.

I don't think a person that convert to islam becomes a terrorist just becuase he has become a muslim. I think he allready made up his mind before that. That's probebly why he converted.

Since islam in many cases, atleast the coran does, have a peacveful message and a view of life that is good. They don't think that humans have been punished to live on the earth by God, which christians believe. They don't believe that people is born as sinners.

However I still think religion can be dangerous and not only to cause violence and war, but also is it first of all an enemy to reason, science and discoveries.
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
Amazing. 20 years ago every terrorist in the world was Irish.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Invite the people of the world to attack the Islamic religion Eclectic 9 1260 December 14, 2022 at 11:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Convert me if you can DeistPaladin 152 51249 August 12, 2022 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7782 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Cockroaches Invade Medina: a second natural attack WinterHold 45 4731 April 20, 2019 at 5:01 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Why I'm not a terrorist WinterHold 89 19032 March 3, 2018 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 13791 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Europe is under attack and invasion mralstoner 27 4514 November 17, 2015 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Guy at my school trying to convert me to Islam. How do i respond? comed 48 7551 November 14, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: GoHalos1993
  Why are so many people afraid to attack Islam? hilary 16 4393 July 20, 2015 at 8:47 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5439 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut