Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 8:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quran and Science - Compatible or incompatible?
Question 
Quran and Science - Compatible or incompatible?
Hi all,

Hope you're all doing well! I dont know if I'm allowed to post this here, but I'll still do it. If it's against the rules, the admin can delete it, I'll totally understand Smile Here's a book I came across - (link removed) - I thought it was very profound. Please read it and share your views on it. Cheers!
RE: Quran and Science - Compatible or incompatible?
If your holy book is the book of a gods message, why does it not translate very well into other languages? I hear a lot of muslims say it's best read and understood in it's native tongue. Do you really believe an all commanding god would communicate his/her message in such a limited dialect? Also are you fluent in Arabic?
The only saving grace of islam is that it is no more or less stupid than any of the other shit invented my men over the millenia to give them phony answers to any question they could think of.
Love the name; can you say I-R-O-N-Y?

Kindly keep your personal superstitions yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YAcoDkj_dI
To answer the question in the heading: incompatible. Most definitely.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proof and evidence will always equal Science zwanzig 103 6784 December 17, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The brazen bull in the Quran? WinterHold 37 4815 March 7, 2020 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Religion and Science are 1000% Opposite causal code 497 106647 October 25, 2017 at 8:04 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Religion and Science are 1000% Opposite causal code 0 455 September 13, 2017 at 1:48 am
Last Post: causal code
  Can anyone please refute these verses of Quran (or at least their interpretations)? despair1 34 6132 April 24, 2016 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  An Old Idea I Had About The (Hebrew) Word "Adam" (relates to Quran also) ReptilianPeon 1 1458 February 5, 2016 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Disproving gods with history and science dyresand 10 3200 June 30, 2015 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  No conflict between faith and science, eh? The Reality Salesman01 37 10261 May 22, 2015 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Bridging the Divide Between Science and Religion Mudhammam 3 1843 November 11, 2014 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  How is the Bible/Quran a "perfect book" ? Rwandrall 14 5816 November 5, 2014 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Nintentacle