Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gonna commit suicide. Your theories of where I go.
Gonna commit suicide. Your theories of where I go.
So I decided to commit suicide. I am not depressed. Don't try to persuade me not to do it cause I am mature enough to make my own decisions.
I will be totally honest now. I got no idea if there is a god or not and I don't care.
I don't know if there is afterlife but I'm 99.99% certain that thre is nothing because of how brains work.
So what do you think I will face after I die?
I am not 100 sure but I think there is nothing.
However if I will meet god I talk to him.
If I will burn in hell then so be it.
I take my chances.
So what do you think?
RE: Gonna commit suicide. Your theories of where I go.
You need to talk to a shrink far more than a preacher.... or a message board.
Okay, I think my little "support group" effort opened the flood gates. So much for trying to have a back patting thread for the community.

There is nothing when you do, in my opinion. So, you should stick around and get what time you can. Furthermore, please go see a professional if you are serious. No one on this forum is qualified to verify afterlife stories and none are qualified to help you.
What the hell?
Since when did this forum become a fucking suicide helpline?
I don't think going to a professional is going to do any good.
The thing is that because of my childhood indoctrination the fear of hell is still somewhere inside my hippocampus.
So I must overcome the fear and plunge into nonthiness. It's like I'm sure there is nothing but the fear is still somewhere inside my brain.
Not to mention survival instinct.
I have very good reasons to die and not to stick around but I won't mention them here.
(June 29, 2012 at 3:32 pm)Shell B Wrote: Okay, I think my little "support group" effort opened the flood gates. So much for trying to have a back patting thread for the community.

There is nothing when you do, in my opinion. So, you should stick around and get what time you can. Furthermore, please go see a professional if you are serious. No one on this forum is qualified to verify afterlife stories and none are qualified to help you.

Huh? I don't think it was your threads Shell O.O
(June 29, 2012 at 3:35 pm)Opsnyder Wrote: I have very good reasons to die and not to stick around but I won't mention them here.

Then why did you mention it at all? If you're going to do something idiotic, why tell us about it? As atheists, what we think happens after death should be pretty obvious, so... what was the point of the OP?

You want someone to talk you out of it? Okay... Dude! Don't off yourself, man! There is too much to live for!

That better?
So basically 2 votes for non existence.
Einstein and Hawking think the same thing which is 4 with 2 good figures.
That's reassuring.
(June 29, 2012 at 3:35 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Huh? I don't think it was your threads Shell O.O

It could have been. Introducing certain keywords might have started drawing people here. Particularly Munchausen folk.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My not-so-fatal Suicide. Goosebump 7 856 July 28, 2021 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Suicide among Christians purplepurpose 6 369 May 29, 2021 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Let's start some conspiracy theories. Gawdzilla Sama 76 10607 July 13, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  assisted suicide vs suicide prevention Catholic_Lady 130 16878 June 18, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Do you have the courage to commit suicide in case if terminal disease? Macoleco 62 9572 April 18, 2018 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Does it take courage or cowardice to commit suicide? ErGingerbreadMandude 35 5219 November 30, 2017 at 8:59 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  When your significant other threatens suicide Tangra 6 1250 December 14, 2016 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Suicide Shinagami 78 9299 August 12, 2015 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Shinagami
  GOP Political suicide and you dyresand 14 2627 June 30, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Is suicide wrong? Angrboda 91 13650 June 7, 2014 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Violet