Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am atheist,but I do not like science.
I am atheist,but I do not like science.
(I do not know if this thread is placed in the right place,so I placed it on these forums)I mean,I love to learn stuff in that subject,but I guess it's because I'm new to atheism(became one about two months ago).Of course,I don't believe the Christian view of how everything got here.I sort of have my own way of explaining how we all got here.I do go for the evolution thing.Not so much of the "We evolved from apes" thing.I am slowly getting into that.Ever since I was in about 4th grade I never really liked science.Again,I loved to learn about it,but I just always think that the scientists are off on a lot of things they test and do.Whether they are atheist or christian scientists.When I was that young I didn't know that my dad didn't like some of the scientists because they don't believe in God.I didn't even know of anyone who didn't believe in God.I thought everyone believed in him.All up until about the 8th grade I realized what atheism was.I could tell that my dad seriously did not want me to know about it and he didn't want me listening to my "devil music".I told him recently and he told me that he was sorry for not taking me to church.I told him that that wasn't the reason.

Sorry for getting off topic.That's what I tend to do. >.< Anyways,I just wanted to let you guys know.I like learning about science,but not everything they say makes me think "Seems legit." all the time.Such as the atoms and molecules.I just think "It's just either a liquid,solid,or gas.I mean,atoms and molecules are not worth learning about.".I'm not even going to be in the science field.I'm either going to be a trucker or artist.What do you guys think?Am I the only atheist who doesn't like scientists,or am I not alone?Give me some comments on what you think.
Whenever you throw a chair at a Mr.Face in Amnesia....
[Image: Every-time-i-throw-a-chair-at-the-monste...escent.png]
RE: I am atheist,but I do not like science.
Quote:.I mean,atoms and molecules are not worth learning about."

It's a good thing Einstein didn't feel that way.
(July 4, 2012 at 12:52 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:.I mean,atoms and molecules are not worth learning about."

It's a good thing Einstein didn't feel that way.

Good thing CERN doesn't feel that way, either. They made an announcement this morning about the new particle. ;3
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
That's weird, because I'm a Christian and I feel like science is one of the only things worth thinking about. Science and moral values, that's about it.
“The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false.”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
Cunt
Science opens so many doors. Allows you to understand the world around you. Helps connect the dots to many old mysteries. Pick a subject and get'a readin!
Atoms and particles is actually a very interesting subject. Even I'm lacking in knowledge when it comes to evolution but do understand the process quite well. I'm still trying to get my head around dark matter/energy and the like.

The smarter and wiser you are, the more theists fear you. Wink
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(July 4, 2012 at 10:57 am)CliveStaples Wrote: That's weird, because I'm a Christian and I feel like science is one of the only things worth thinking about. Science and moral values, that's about it.

That's funny, since science is the Destroyer of Superstitions.
(July 4, 2012 at 11:09 am)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote: That's funny, since science is the Destroyer of Superstitions.

Fuck superstitions.

Although, for the most part I'm actually disinterested in science. I feel like it's just a bunch of special cases of mathematics. Although the more useful applications are more interesting.
“The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false.”
Oh. You'd better get off your computer and stop using the internet altogether, then.
Wolfy, it seems to me you have the impression that a passion for science is a prerequisite for being an atheist. If so, then relax; it's not. I am a permanent atheist, yet I can actually go for several days without thinking about atoms and molecules, or trying to come up with the next Big Science Thing. I'm not even mathematically minded - anything more than basic arithmetic is, to me, veering into the arcane realms of higher magic. In terms of the products of science I am, as Edmund Blackadder once said "one of these people who are quite happy to [use them], but have no idea how [they] work."

All that said, however, a basic understanding in general scientific principles is always going to be useful. It would still be irrelevant to being a theist or an atheist though.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's not that I don't like you but........ brewer 13 701 March 12, 2024 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  One of these things is not like the other ones Angrboda 1 402 December 6, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Not going to swear to it as of yet. but. Brian37 33 2397 June 19, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Not that I ever will again, but.... Brian37 40 2869 April 8, 2020 at 11:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Pranks you have pulled, but would not now. Brian37 19 1110 February 21, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  [NOT SERIOUS] But wondering.... Brian37 14 2135 January 26, 2019 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  No I did not find Mich McConnell but... Brian37 8 1399 June 20, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Is there any "atheist values" like "Christian values"? ErGingerbreadMandude 37 2889 January 7, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Songs That Sound Like They're From The 80's But Aren't Actually From The 80's Edwardo Piet 0 594 December 8, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Things you're supposed to like, but don't Alex K 191 25702 September 9, 2017 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Athene