Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelicals are now questioning the morality of Birth Control
Evangelicals are now questioning the morality of Birth Control
We all know the Catholic Church has steady fastly opposed all forms of birth control for ages. However now some Evangelicals are

Albert Mohler is one of the intellectual giants in the Evangelical Christian world. One of my guilty pleasures is to read his blog and listen to his radio show at http://www.albertmohler.com. He is now arguing the identical position held by the Catholic church which would be total ban on birth control for the faithful.

http://www.albertmohler.com/2006/05/08/c...h-control/
undefined
RE: Evangelicals are now questioning the morality of Birth Control
Then the shithead should probably study up on how that is working out for the fucking catholics.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/14...49060.html

Quote:Some 98 percent of sexually active Catholic women have used contraceptive methods banned by the church, research published on Wednesday showed.
These guys seriously need to get laid!! This is ALL they have to worry about??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
In the world as it stands today... shouldn't it be considered immoral to actually have multiple children? Over population is a real issue.
(July 4, 2012 at 8:03 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: These guys seriously need to get laid!! This is ALL they have to worry about??

Actually Dr Mohler is married with two children, I suspect he may have tried smoking ripped off pages of the bible like one smokes a joint.

Anyway Dr Mohler's position on birth control is plainly nuts to anybody who knows about basic developmental biology (of the sort you learn in say the latter years of primary school)
undefined
Point still stands. Dr Mohler is ONLY worried about people having birth control on a planet that is overpopulated and facing this AGCC? Not to mention the financial crisis in most developed countries and the demise of many species...and this dickhead is worried about whether or not people use birth control??

Seems like he should spend more time with his wife and family imho
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(July 4, 2012 at 8:19 am)Paul the Human Wrote: In the world as it stands today... shouldn't it be considered immoral to actually have multiple children? Over population is a real issue.

Guess I'll be a monkey's uncle. I agree with you.

I think what the fundies are getting at here is the importance of turning it all over to the man up stairs. God would want you to fuck like rabbits and take whatever kids He sends your way. He likes lording it over us that He is in charge and if we want the opportunity to sing his praises for eternity at his feet, well then we'd better stop thinking we know shit and just do his bidding. You can kind of see the attraction of this lifestyle ... NOT!
Quote:I think what the fundies are getting at here is the importance of turning it all over to the man up stairs.

Too bad they can't demonstrate that there is a "man up stairs," huh?
(July 4, 2012 at 8:19 am)Paul the Human Wrote: In the world as it stands today... shouldn't it be considered immoral to actually have multiple children? Over population is a real issue.

As if anyone's going to listen. I think it's because they either don't give a shit or don't want to accept that it's a serious problem.
Just let things unfold I say. Undecided
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Quote:To demand sexual pleasure without openness to children is to violate a sacred trust.

Facepalm
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When Evangelicals freak out. Jehanne 17 1669 December 4, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Evangelicals, Trump and a Quick Bible Study DeistPaladin 52 4697 November 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Bibe Study 2: Questionable Morality Rhondazvous 30 2859 May 27, 2019 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Vicki Q
  Christian morality delusions tackattack 87 9016 November 27, 2018 at 8:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Bad News For Evangelicals Minimalist 62 6379 November 15, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  The Problem With This Guy Is That He Does Not Understand Evangelicals Minimalist 1 1107 April 6, 2017 at 12:19 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  pop morality Drich 862 140951 April 9, 2016 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Catholics vs. Evangelicals? TrueChristian 40 9046 January 15, 2016 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Question to Theists About the Source of Morality GrandizerII 33 7651 January 8, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  C.S. Lewis and the Argument From Morality Jenny A 15 6209 August 3, 2015 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: Jenny A