Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
135 space shuttle launched at once!
135 space shuttle launched at once!
This one brought tears to my eyes:

'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: 135 space shuttle launched at once!
Someone has a lot of free time on their hands.
Wasn't there an episode of Wonder Showzen that that had a skit that looked like this video?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(July 6, 2012 at 10:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Someone has a lot of free time on their hands.

Or a video tesselator and just a lot of sorted source material.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Quote:tesselator

That sounds kinky.
Beautiful and sad, thanks for sharing.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(July 7, 2012 at 2:44 am)Godschild Wrote: Beautiful and sad, thanks for sharing.

Why sad?

The space program is the greatest achievement the U.S has ever accomplished.

Admittedly they've dropped the ball in recent years, but still.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Sad coz they've more or less given up manned missions and handed the baton to china.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 7, 2012 at 3:15 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(July 7, 2012 at 2:44 am)Godschild Wrote: Beautiful and sad, thanks for sharing.

Why sad?

The space program is the greatest achievement the U.S has ever accomplished.

Admittedly they've dropped the ball in recent years, but still.

The one launch showed the shuttle destroyed, I remember that day vividly.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(July 7, 2012 at 6:05 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Sad coz they've more or less given up manned missions and handed the baton to china.

This is not true at all. We are still in Space. People say that we've dropped the ball tend to forget that we have three people in space right now on the most outstanding space habitat ever conceived, and that rotation of astronauts will continue for the next eight years at least while we rebuild our manned program. People also tend to forget that after Apollo, there was (cough) Skylab, then the Apollo Soyuz. After that, we had nothing until 1979 when the shuttle was unveiled. It takes time and money to retool for the next big thing. Stay tuned.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  James Webb Space Telescope pics pocaracas 18 2209 December 8, 2022 at 3:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  A Simple Demonstration of Space/Time Relativity Rhondazvous 14 2524 August 26, 2019 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Vince
  Space Shuttle video site zebo-the-fat 0 504 October 6, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  No perfect circles in space... Jehanne 42 7085 July 23, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Trump space force: US to set up sixth military branch zebo-the-fat 47 6896 June 22, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  How Do Scientists Know It's Space Expanding Not Galaxies Moving? Rhondazvous 43 9803 August 18, 2017 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Space-Time: The Bopdie Twins: If Space is Expanding Isn't Time Expandin Too? Rhondazvous 14 1716 August 2, 2017 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  POLL: Is Space Continuous or Discrete? Severan 4 1846 July 14, 2017 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  What Did Einstein Mean when He Said Space is Curved? Rhondazvous 33 11233 June 16, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Which space mission would you choose? Fake Messiah 30 2574 March 29, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris