Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurora Shootings Result Of 'Ongoing Attacks On Judeo-Christian Beliefs'
Aurora Shootings Result Of 'Ongoing Attacks On Judeo-Christian Beliefs'
Quote:Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) said Friday that the shootings that took place in an Aurora, Colo. movie theater hours earlier were a result of "ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs" and questioned why nobody else in the theater had a gun to take down the shooter.

During a radio interview on The Heritage Foundation's "Istook Live!" show, Gohmert was asked why he believes such senseless acts of violence take place. Gohmert responded by talking about the weakening of Christian values in the country.

"You know what really gets me, as a Christian, is to see the ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs, and then some senseless crazy act of terror like this takes place," Gohmert said.

Ernest Istook, the host of the show and a former Oklahoma congressman, jumped in to clarify that nobody knows the motivation of the alleged Aurora gunman. Gohmert said that may be true, but suggested the shootings were still "a terrorist act" that could have been avoided if the country placed a higher value on God.

"People say ... where was God in all of this?" Gohmert said. "We've threatened high school graduation participations, if they use God's name, they're going to be jailed ... I mean that kind of stuff. Where was God? What have we done with God? We don't want him around. I kind of like his protective hand being present."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20...89099.html
RE: Aurora Shootings Result Of 'Ongoing Attacks On Judeo-Christian Beliefs'
Usual horrible ghouls of God-botherers acting ghoulish after horrendous event.

Film at 11.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
It sickens me when people of any political stripe use tragic events like this to score points.

Can we wait until the dead are buried before dancing on their graves?
Quote:It sickens me when people of any political stripe use tragic events like this to score points.

Really? Here we just laugh at such stuffwits. One of our big happy clappy churches has its very own political party. ('FAMILY FIRST' ) One of 'em was actually elected through preferences.. Just about everyone,on both sides of politics sees him as an embarrassing joke.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote:Preferential voting (preference voting or ranked voting) describes certain voting systems in which voters rank candidates in order of preference. It is also used to refer to the form of ballot used by such systems. Such systems are also sometimes called "ranked" or "ordinal", to distinguish them from "rated"/"cardinal" voting systems.

Preferential voting can be used for both single-winner and multiple winner elections. Preferential voting is best known in the form of instant runoff voting. The least competitive candidates are removed one by one, and their supporter's ballots are transferred at full value to each voter's next best choice. The field is whittled down through successive rounds; removing the single least favorite candidate each round until the favorite(s) of the electorate is found. Advocates believe this method is effective at electing the candidate(s) with the broadest range of electoral support on a single ballot; and when choosing from, or encouraging, a large number of potential candidates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preferential_voting
Scumbags like Gohmert give jesus a bad name.
This is utterly vile.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
I believe this guy has it down to a tee as there is going to be a blame game on what ever reason this wacko did it.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
He's right.

That Texan politician was just the first opportunistic cunt to use the event for his own agenda.

I fee disgust, but humans rarely surprise me any more.

OF course MY agenda is gun control,so I guess I shouldn't get too sanctimonious. Thinking

Here in Australia, after the mass murders by the intellectually challenged (clinically stupid) Martin Bryant, our government changed some of our gun ownership laws.

Quote:Martin Bryant (born 7 May 1967) is an Australian spree killer who was convicted of murdering 35 people and injuring 21 others in the Port Arthur massacre, a shooting spree in Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia, in 1996.[1] He is currently serving 35 life sentences plus 1,035 years without parole in the psychiatric wing of Risdon Prison in Hobart, Tasmania.[2] His rampage ranks among the deadliest of the 20th century.

Quote:As a response to the spree killing, Australian State and Territory governments placed tight restrictions on semi-automatic centre-fire rifles, high-capacity repeating shotguns and high-capacity rifle magazines. In addition to this, heavy limitations were also put into place on low-capacity repeating shotguns and rim-fire semi-automatic rifles. The Tasmanian state government attempted to ignore this directive but was threatened with a number of penalties from the federal government.[citation needed] Though this resulted in stirring controversy, opposition to the new laws was overcome by media reporting of the massacre and mounting public opinion in the wake of the shootings (see Gun politics in Australia for more information on the 1996 legislation).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bryant
Shit like this makes me sick.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why only religious beliefs protected? FrustratedFool 49 2946 September 27, 2023 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  School Shootings Foxaèr 50 4562 May 23, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Fake CNN report recorded on tape; 2017; London Attacks WinterHold 12 4997 June 27, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: FFaith
  How to end police shootings in one easy step. CapnAwesome 145 10506 July 22, 2016 at 2:51 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Samantha Bee - The Result of Voter Apathy 2010 Minimalist 4 841 May 11, 2016 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Your Political Beliefs Polaris 18 2374 April 13, 2015 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  "Pope Francis attacks drug legalisation in Latin America" Something completely different 1 1004 July 25, 2013 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  5 Suicide bombers launch attacks in Mali cratehorus 3 1584 May 11, 2013 at 7:00 am
Last Post: festive1
  Connecticut Shootings - Cold Comfort Cyberman 24 6258 January 5, 2013 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Violet
  More shootings. Creed of Heresy 90 17063 December 31, 2012 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy