Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to end police shootings in one easy step.
How to end police shootings in one easy step.
Convict police officers of murder! Do you know how many police were convicted of murder or manslaughter in 2015?

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/record-...convicted/

What are the implications of that? There are no consequences to police shooting someone, they can shoot your mother, sister, father or son and get paid vacation. As long as it's impossible to convict police of murder, they will continue to shoot people. It's an outrageous statistic. Like everybody else, if they fear going to prison for life, they will be more hesitant to pull the trigger. As of now, they all have James Bond's license to kill.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: How to end police shootings in one easy step.
Here:

https://www.thenation.com/article/why-it...ndict-cop/

Quote: Why It’s Impossible to Indict a Cop

It’s not just Ferguson—here’s how the system protects police.
That won't stop it from happening.  So long as armed people are sent, frightened, into a dangerous situation.. they're inevitably going to pop off a few rounds at a little girl for loudly chewing bubble gum out of the corner of their eye.  

It would be a good start, though.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I thought the step was:

1. More guns.
LOL, I'd go the other way with it, personally.  Less guns. We have swat teams for those times that guns would be required...and iirc, yall in the uk have a sort of middle road between patrol and swat, right?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 19, 2016 at 1:31 pm)Rhythm Wrote: That won't stop it from happening.  So long as armed people are sent, frightened, into a dangerous situation.. they're inevitably going to pop off a few rounds at a little girl for loudly chewing bubble gum out of the corner of their eye.  

It would be a good start, though.

I don't think so. Why don't non-cops do that then? It's not about human nature or something, it's about consequences.
Because they don't send themselves, armed, into a place where they perceive themselves to be and are perceived by others as an enemy...where they fear being shot? You might notice that -noncops- do behave that way, when they're frightened, ofc. People just keep shooting their spouses as intruders....and that;s in their own homes. Multiply that dread many times over, and that's where cops work.
(July 19, 2016 at 1:37 pm)Rhythm Wrote: LOL, I'd go the other way with it, personally.  Less guns.  We have swat teams for those times that guns would be required...and iirc, yall in the uk have a sort of middle road between patrol and swat, right?

I agree, the police don't need to look like an army unit. Despite what the media tells you, violent crime is near an all time low in America. Guns should be a last resort for the police. Hell they should pull out the tasers first. A taser will take down an armed person same as a gun.
It's also easier to apologize to someone you've tazed for what was..in retrosepct, no good reason.... than it it is to apologize to someone you shot 13 times in the chest at close range with 9mm para B.
(July 19, 2016 at 1:37 pm)Rhythm Wrote: LOL, I'd go the other way with it, personally.  Less guns.  We have swat teams for those times that guns would be required...and iirc, yall in the uk have a sort of middle road between patrol and swat, right?

It's very rare that officers out on patrol are armed, with the exception of Northern Ireland, but it has increased slightly over the past couple of years especially in major cities.

But yes we do have heavily armed units that handle domestic terrorism.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think about the police? FlatAssembler 169 13677 December 19, 2022 at 12:49 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1027 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Trucker Protest - End all COVID Mandates Now HappySkeptic 44 1892 February 23, 2022 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 841 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Prague Mayor under police protection Mr Greene 4 413 April 28, 2020 at 6:21 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] Kuala Lumpur Islamic summit: did the night of the vassals began to end? WinterHold 16 1098 January 2, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  The End Of the Pathologization Of Intersex Amarok 1 463 July 7, 2019 at 4:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump Claims He Can Use Executive Order to End Birthright Citizenship Seraphina 43 3117 November 2, 2018 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1013 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How will the Trump Presidency end? (Poll) TheBeardedDude 55 14667 October 18, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Alan V