Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome Total War
Rome Total War
Any other players here?

I've recently installed the Roma Surrectum II mod.

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Roma_Surrectum_II

I've proceded to get my arse kicked by Hannibal and his Carthagians, as well as most of southern Italy are rebelling and fucking things up down there. So this is a tough mod, but it's fun so far, if I can just get through the tough times which you start the game in I reckon I'll do just fine.

Oh, and Rome TW II has been announced recently. WOOOOP!

http://www.totalwar.com/en_us/romeII/
RE: Rome Total War
yes! I love rome total war! Incredible game. I hadn't heard they were making a second one, I'm gonna have to keep an eye on that
Indeed, it looks absolutely epic. Although, if I hope to play it on release I reckon I'll have to be building myself a beastly computer in order to play it.
I have recently started playing it, It's a brilliant game, great fun. The new game looks even better so looks like i've got into it at the right time.

What computer setups do you both play on?
(July 23, 2012 at 10:10 am)Napoleon Wrote: Oh, and Rome TW II has been announced recently. WOOOOP!

http://www.totalwar.com/en_us/romeII/

Let me put in my two cents about Rome II.

Here are what I want:

1. Genuine player controllable naval battles with weather impact, multiple warship types that are not just bigger or smaller versions of the same thing, but behave and fight differently, and of course, Corvis!

2. Legions are actually form up and fight in 5 lines (early) and 3 lines (later) was line rotation

3. Much larger number of units in land battles

4. More realistic terrain effects in land battles.

5. Seige battles should reflect different terrain and location of the cities. Combined land and sea seiges!! come on!

6. More detailed strategic manuvering before battles and during campaignsd

7. Much better coordination between AI players

8. At least the option for much shorter turns during campaigns. You can have monthly turns peace and when moving strategically between theaters, but when fighting within a theater, the option should at least be available for the turns should be daily, or at most weekly.

9. Option for much more detailed campaign map for maeuvering. Say 10 miles or a side, instead of what is effectively 50 mile hexes.

10. Much larger battle maps for some real pre-battle manuevering, say 10 miles by 10 miles.

Basically, if you can't reproduce the more famous tactically evolutions seen during the second Punic war, then the game is not good enough.
(July 23, 2012 at 12:25 pm)VanBlane Wrote: What computer setups do you both play on?

I play on a netbook Tongue

Only computer I have atm, that's why I need to buy new one.

It is however one of the more beastly netbooks you can buy, in fact it's just as good as most other laptops minus screen size.

It's got:
4gb RAM
1.65ghz AMD dual core processor with Radeon HD graphics
320gb Hard Drive

Not amazing, but it does manage to run Mass Effect quite well for example, so it isn't too shabby considering it's a friggin' netbook.

Tongue
Yeah - I played RTW, mainly modded versions like Ancient Empires and Roma Surrectum. I also assisted in modding AE. The new Rome 2 looks like a quantum leap. Sega does stupid shit though....one can only hope the modding community can get in there and fix it up.

Got away from it when I discovered the Darthmod version of Empire Total War - which does feature naval battles between different classes of ships.

A recent trailer from the soon-to-be-released Ver. 8.0.

(July 23, 2012 at 2:20 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Empire Total War

Ah I got that to run on my netbook, was pretty much unplayable though, framerate was dyer.
I hope they won't go the blizzard way.
Oh man, I love RTW. The only person I ever get to play it with is a buddy of mine in California. Good times had by all.
[Image: hoviksig-1.png]
Ex Machina Libertas

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rota <3 : God of War spoiler WinterHold 3 317 August 8, 2018 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  God of War Napoléon 22 2119 May 3, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Dawn of War Edwardo Piet 14 2143 August 25, 2017 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  War Thunder anyone? dyresand 0 665 June 2, 2015 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Gears of War Duke Guilmon 10 2442 May 23, 2014 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Total War: Rome II Tobie 20 5146 October 31, 2013 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rome 2 Total War Something completely different 30 10660 June 7, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Total war series Ethan1581 4 1446 January 16, 2013 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Ethan1581
  Rome 2 first ingame footage released Something completely different 16 3769 October 2, 2012 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  The War Z Reforged 4 2656 September 24, 2012 at 7:11 am
Last Post: Reforged