Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 11:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome 2 Total War
Rome 2 Total War
This game has until now been the one I am most looking forward to, even more than "gta 5" and "metro last light".
Ca has recently published more information, including faction info.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Factions

Rome

[Image: Romefactionbannermap.jpeg]

[Image: FactionRevealRome1.jpg]

Carthage:

[Image: Carthage_map.jpg]

[Image: Carthage_sacredband.jpg]

Macedon

[Image: Macedon1.jpg]

[Image: Macedon_Shield_Bearers.png]

Iceni

[Image: Iceni2.jpg]

[Image: PaintedOnes.jpg]

Arverni:

[Image: Averni3.jpg]

[Image: Arverni_OathSworn.jpg]

Suebi:

[Image: Suebi4.jpg]

[Image: Suebi_berserkers_TWR2.png]

Sooooo, these images leave also quite the room for speculation, not only is there the enormous amount of detail and individuality amongst the troops.
Has anyone else noticed the blood stains on some of the shields? I hope blood will now be part of the game.

The "map pics" also give some info. The map seems to be very similiar to the "Rome 1" map. I am not sure what to make of the fact that in some provinces one has 2 cities. And I am deligthed to see that Ireland has been added as a conquerable province and hope that scotland and the pictish tribes will also be added.

I am also interested into seeing how the "roman family thing" will work.

And since some factions have only one province, I fear the return of the "rebel faction" which I also call "useless grey matter".

Your info?
RE: Rome 2 Total War
I always found the Greek factions boring. We'll see how this goes. Looking forward to the naval system which was a weak point in Rome TW.
I always loved the greek factions, especialy their spears and awsome archers. When playing as rome your cavalary is pritty much your biggest asset - but completly useless against the greek phalanx - which makes it more challenging to conquer greece.
The naval battles have been epic ever since they were interduced in "Empire", but I hope that the "non cannon" wont be like in "Shogun 2" where I found them to be a bit booring (probably more because of the non existant diversety of naval units).

What I want most to change here is Egypt, Egypt in "Rome 1" was such a horrible cliche. Now I do like some cliche units, I loved the "screaming women" that Britain had or that units which threw heads at their oponents, but Egypt was simply a mess. This use of really ancient apperance was absolutly out of place. Egypt during the roman age was already a hellenistic kingdom.

I cant wait to play as carthage and to burn rome to the ground.
I'd be looking forward to it if I had a good enough laptop to run it Sad
Quote:I cant wait to play as carthage and to burn rome to the ground.

I always made it a point to sack and burn Jerusalem. Fuck 'em.
In almoust every single total war game, france was one of the first places I invaded.

Even in empire, when playing as mahrater confederacy, sweden, russia or the US. I always build a fleet and invade france
I always play as France....although now that Darthmod 8 is nearly finished I think I will screw around with it so that the French Revolution actually takes place.

Then I'll adjust the "different government types" diplomatic factor so that the whole world declares war on me and we'll have at it. (Except the Dutch and Americans. They start off as a republics).

I find more satisfaction in screwing with the system than in playing the game.
I have stoped playing empire for some time now.

No matter how awsome darthmod is, and how epic it changes everything within the game.

It never changes the campain map - and the campainmap is my main issue with the game.
Yeah - although I had the same complaint with Rome. Fortunately there I taught myself how to alter the map.

One of the reasons that I always play as France is because France is a single region and too easy for the AI to take out.
Same with Spain, and the missing of most of south america is also annoying.

Ohh yeah, one of the most annoying things is that Portugal doesnt have a campain.

I would have loved to play as portugal.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rota <3 : God of War spoiler WinterHold 3 317 August 8, 2018 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  God of War Napoléon 22 2116 May 3, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Dawn of War Edwardo Piet 14 2142 August 25, 2017 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  War Thunder anyone? dyresand 0 662 June 2, 2015 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Gears of War Duke Guilmon 10 2439 May 23, 2014 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Total War: Rome II Tobie 20 5145 October 31, 2013 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Total war series Ethan1581 4 1444 January 16, 2013 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Ethan1581
  Rome 2 first ingame footage released Something completely different 16 3769 October 2, 2012 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  The War Z Reforged 4 2656 September 24, 2012 at 7:11 am
Last Post: Reforged
  Rome Total War Napoléon 33 11647 July 25, 2012 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Napoléon