Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gears of War
Gears of War
Who here has gears of war? And what is gears 4 going to be like?
[Image: guilmon_evolution_by_davidgtm3-d4gb5rp.gif]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
RE: Gears of War
(April 30, 2014 at 4:30 pm)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote: Who here has gears of war? And what is gears 4 going to be like?

I have loved the gears series for a long time.. I used to be top 100 Execution in gears 2 (all legit). Gears 3 was amazing but my crew kind of left it behind.. mostly because the sawed off. I recently played Judgement which in my opinion was a slapped together piece of shit that was utterly disgraceful to gears fans. Why change a controller scheme that is perfect?!!?!? Story was dumb. MP dumbed down and full of gimmicks.. uhg makes me sick Sad

As for Gears 4? They need to bring the big guns.. pretty sure i heard Cliffy B came back from retirement, so thats a start. I think as long as it has a decent story.. good characters and a balanced multi-player I will buy it. I think 3 was almost perfect.. but i am always for innovation.. just don't change too much.. and go back to the old controls please!!
In a universe full of infinite possibilities what can happen, will happen.
(May 10, 2014 at 10:13 pm)Mr Brightside Wrote:
(April 30, 2014 at 4:30 pm)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote: Who here has gears of war? And what is gears 4 going to be like?

I have loved the gears series for a long time.. I used to be top 100 Execution in gears 2 (all legit). Gears 3 was amazing but my crew kind of left it behind.. mostly because the sawed off. I recently played Judgement which in my opinion was a slapped together piece of shit that was utterly disgraceful to gears fans. Why change a controller scheme that is perfect?!!?!? Story was dumb. MP dumbed down and full of gimmicks.. uhg makes me sick Sad

As for Gears 4? They need to bring the big guns.. pretty sure i heard Cliffy B came back from retirement, so thats a start. I think as long as it has a decent story.. good characters and a balanced multi-player I will buy it. I think 3 was almost perfect.. but i am always for innovation.. just don't change too much.. and go back to the old controls please!!

Yeah I loved gears 2. Brings back nostalgia for me it was the first shoter I ever got. Judgment is like they finished the game half way and said thats it finished product.
[Image: guilmon_evolution_by_davidgtm3-d4gb5rp.gif]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
(May 11, 2014 at 5:54 am)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:
(May 10, 2014 at 10:13 pm)Mr Brightside Wrote: I have loved the gears series for a long time.. I used to be top 100 Execution in gears 2 (all legit). Gears 3 was amazing but my crew kind of left it behind.. mostly because the sawed off. I recently played Judgement which in my opinion was a slapped together piece of shit that was utterly disgraceful to gears fans. Why change a controller scheme that is perfect?!!?!? Story was dumb. MP dumbed down and full of gimmicks.. uhg makes me sick Sad

Yeah I loved gears 2. Brings back nostalgia for me it was the first shoter I ever got. Judgment is like they finished the game half way and said thats it finished product.

Yep! Judgement was a total disgrace. Gears 2 is what got me back into gaming.. theres nothing like shooting a locust with a shot gun making them splatter and rolling through their guts.. Ahhh so satisfying.
(May 11, 2014 at 3:13 pm)Mr Brightside Wrote:
(May 11, 2014 at 5:54 am)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote: Yeah I loved gears 2. Brings back nostalgia for me it was the first shoter I ever got. Judgment is like they finished the game half way and said thats it finished product.

Yep! Judgement was a total disgrace. Gears 2 is what got me back into gaming.. theres nothing like shooting a locust with a shot gun making them splatter and rolling through their guts.. Ahhh so satisfying.

I am the opposite, I shoot the cog. FOR THE HORDE!

[Image: locust_bling_by_crotale-d3h5pfy.jpg]
(May 11, 2014 at 3:19 pm)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:
(May 11, 2014 at 3:13 pm)Mr Brightside Wrote: Yep! Judgement was a total disgrace. Gears 2 is what got me back into gaming.. theres nothing like shooting a locust with a shot gun making them splatter and rolling through their guts.. Ahhh so satisfying.

I am the opposite, I shoot the cog. FOR THE HORDE!

Thats another crappy thing about Judgement.. you couldn't be locust! Before it was almost always Cog vs Locust.. so MP made even less sense in Judgement..

Anyways for Gears 4 a complete new cast would be fine for me.. Truth be told while gears 1,2,3 are some of my fav games.. i never cared for Marcus.. and honestly the other characters weren't very likable either. Carmines were always my fav haha. Some better AI would be nice.. I always like playing through solo.. which was next to impossible in Judgement.. stupid allies would always die over and over! The part were you are on the beach front and locust keep coming.. They would always just run up explode and then boom.. ally is dead.. start over! I had to go through that mission 10-15 times.. all because my stupid AI allies kept dying.

Bigger maps and more maps! ever thought how bad ass it would be to be in a giant battle in gears? 8v8 style, it would be utter mayhem. Plus they could get rid of half the new guns they made.. most of them sucked or were just plain pointless. I think too many guns can be a bad thing. I liked gears 2 so much because everyone started equal.. sure you could pick up a gun here or there.. but starting with power weapons? no thanks.

They could do a ton with this series.. i just hope they put the control scheme back.. or atleast give you the option to change it back.
(May 11, 2014 at 4:24 pm)Mr Brightside Wrote:
(May 11, 2014 at 3:19 pm)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote: I am the opposite, I shoot the cog. FOR THE HORDE!

Thats another crappy thing about Judgement.. you couldn't be locust! Before it was almost always Cog vs Locust.. so MP made even less sense in Judgement..

Anyways for Gears 4 a complete new cast would be fine for me.. Truth be told while gears 1,2,3 are some of my fav games.. i never cared for Marcus.. and honestly the other characters weren't very likable either. Carmines were always my fav haha. Some better AI would be nice.. I always like playing through solo.. which was next to impossible in Judgement.. stupid allies would always die over and over! The part were you are on the beach front and locust keep coming.. They would always just run up explode and then boom.. ally is dead.. start over! I had to go through that mission 10-15 times.. all because my stupid AI allies kept dying.

Bigger maps and more maps! ever thought how bad ass it would be to be in a giant battle in gears? 8v8 style, it would be utter mayhem. Plus they could get rid of half the new guns they made.. most of them sucked or were just plain pointless. I think too many guns can be a bad thing. I liked gears 2 so much because everyone started equal.. sure you could pick up a gun here or there.. but starting with power weapons? no thanks.

They could do a ton with this series.. i just hope they put the control scheme back.. or atleast give you the option to change it back.

Out of the cogs I really liked:

The Carmines

Baird

Cole

Dom

Marcus

Sam

and Tai

In gears I play every character on both locust and cog besides dizzy, I hate dizzy.

Gears four needs a multiplayer set up like gears one, the offline mode as entertaining as gears 2(I played that game for hours even with no xbox live) and the player speed and internet connection of gears 3. They should also make beast mode where you can unlike to locust you usually play as and use him and unlock other locust. They also need a new shotgun, something quick in semi-automatic but weak in power to balance it out.
(May 11, 2014 at 5:09 pm)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:
(May 11, 2014 at 4:24 pm)Mr Brightside Wrote: Thats another crappy thing about Judgement.. you couldn't be locust! Before it was almost always Cog vs Locust.. so MP made even less sense in Judgement..

Out of the cogs I really liked:

The Carmines

Baird

Cole

Dom

Marcus

Sam

and Tai

In gears I play every character on both locust and cog besides dizzy, I hate dizzy.

Gears four needs a multiplayer set up like gears one, the offline mode as entertaining as gears 2(I played that game for hours even with no xbox live) and the player speed and internet connection of gears 3. They should also make beast mode where you can unlike to locust you usually play as and use him and unlock other locust. They also need a new shotgun, something quick in semi-automatic but weak in power to balance it out.

I love Dizzys voice actor lmao.. country bumpkin mother fucker lol. I agree with everything you said.. I used to play just against the bots in Gears 2 for hourssss just practicing. and yeah gears 3 by far had the best connection. They really need to bring back horde aswell.. gears started horde.. made no sense that judgement didnt have it.
(May 11, 2014 at 6:49 pm)Mr Brightside Wrote:
(May 11, 2014 at 5:09 pm)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote: Out of the cogs I really liked:

The Carmines

Baird

Cole

Dom

Marcus

Sam

and Tai

I love Dizzys voice actor lmao.. country bumpkin mother fucker lol. I agree with everything you said.. I used to play just against the bots in Gears 2 for hourssss just practicing. and yeah gears 3 by far had the best connection. They really need to bring back horde aswell.. gears started horde.. made no sense that judgement didnt have it.

Agreed. But horde needs something. I can't put my finger on it. Also They need new weapon skins like team liquid, metal onyx, team liquid metal, and onyx omen.

Only thing judgment got right was over run, but with beast what is the point of it?
Loved the Gears series. Me and my bro always played this game on co-op so much. One of my favs easily. Can't wait for new installments.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rota <3 : God of War spoiler WinterHold 3 317 August 8, 2018 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  God of War Napoléon 22 2137 May 3, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Dawn of War Edwardo Piet 14 2150 August 25, 2017 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  War Thunder anyone? dyresand 0 668 June 2, 2015 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Total War: Rome II Tobie 20 5148 October 31, 2013 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rome 2 Total War Something completely different 30 10667 June 7, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Total war series Ethan1581 4 1448 January 16, 2013 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Ethan1581
  The War Z Reforged 4 2659 September 24, 2012 at 7:11 am
Last Post: Reforged
  Rome Total War Napoléon 33 11653 July 25, 2012 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Battlefield/Halo/Resistance/Gears of War/etc gaming clan Creed of Heresy 0 1341 July 1, 2012 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy