Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I don't need evidence for my faith"
"I don't need evidence for my faith"
Relative sent me this. Probably the dumbest line from a Christian I've heard in a while.

[Image: 10P1gl.png]

Ironically the ad is for a "proof of God" conference where "evidence" (of course bogus evidence) will be presented after all.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: "I don't need evidence for my faith"
[Image: stupid-people.jpg]

They label themselves as Christians.
So wait, whats the point of going to the confrence? Hes basically just said what all of proof consists of. A very strong belief and nothing else.
Case closed.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
This same guy would probably attack an atheist claiming that we all have faith.
libalchris Wrote:This same guy would probably attack an atheist claiming that we all have faith.

To which I would reply, "Is my faith as much evidence as your faith?"
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
...plus that is not what Heb 11:1 says.
You're related to Drippy, TEGH?
OF COURSE people don't need evidence to believe whatever they wish. They DO need evidence to get me to share those beliefs.

I have no problem with fuckwits going around saying stupid things in public; makes it so much easier to know who to avoid and who not to vote for. Cool Shades
(July 25, 2012 at 11:20 pm)Drich Wrote: ...plus that is not what Heb 11:1 says.

This organization seems to feature a lot of people connected to Hovind's group which is connected to Kings James Only groups so odd readings probably abound.

Quote:You're related to Drippy, TEGH?

I have no idea. But he probably would say that Adam and Eve are our great great great great.....great great great....great grandparents so in his crazy mind we're related.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
I'm giggling at the idea of a less-than-odd reading of a biblical narrative. I apologize, carry on.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13141 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11454 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 58442 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4448 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6186 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  why faith fails Drich 43 4372 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Can someone show me the evidence of the bullshit bible articles? I believe in Harry Potter 36 4614 November 3, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 22986 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Foxaèr 181 37840 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Atheists don't realize asking for evidence of God is a strawman ErGingerbreadMandude 240 28162 November 10, 2017 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman