Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well... I guess this is goodbye...
Well... I guess this is goodbye...
[Image: 200px-Trollface.svg.png]
Nah, just kidding. You're not that lucky.

On the subject though, has anyone noticed how many people are leaving lately? Any ideas why?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
RE: Well... I guess this is goodbye...
Stop making me consider making a Farewell forum.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Lol I didn't really have you down as the soppy "I'm done with this forum" type.

People come, people go. Guess they all have their own reasons. I know for some in the past they left because the 'vibe' of the forums changed somewhat.

I know others left because they had to change their password.

IKR, changing passwords is enough to drive you over the edge.
I'm to new to notice, but me and the wife have talked about the problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb-f8CTafHs
is it my b.o.?
what napo said. now, i click on this tab and look thru the topics. they're all trounced on for 100 pages of the same convo that was covered in 2 pages. i look up and down for some place i can toss in some comedy or just look for the posters who are making the most sense to me now (or just bein straight funny as hell). then, there's very little else that's interesting and new.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
Quote:On the subject though, has anyone noticed how many people are leaving lately? Any ideas why?

One reason may be the massive infestation of members of the lunar religious right,with their tiny little corkscrew minds and dreary, interminable, repetitious posts.

Lately,there seems to be a new one every few days. It gets really tedious not to mention annoying.

Fortunately there are still enough rational people with interesting things to say,whose lives do not revolve around a bunch of fatuous personal superstitions.
(July 31, 2012 at 9:42 pm)padraic Wrote:
Quote:On the subject though, has anyone noticed how many people are leaving lately? Any ideas why?

One reason may be the massive infestation of members of the lunar religious right,with their tiny little corkscrew minds and dreary, interminable, repetitious posts.

Lately,there seems to be a new one every few days. It gets really tedious not to mention annoying.

Fortunately there are still enough rational people with interesting things to say,whose lives do not revolve around a bunch of fatuous personal superstitions.

Am I the only one who finds those lunatics entertaining?
Am I honestly the only person who gets a joyful tingling sensation at the anticipation of a new victim to slice open with occams razor?
Honestly? Love it.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
As noted elsewhere, they have a short shelf-life. Part of the problem is that all of the morons think they are the first to show up here and sprinkle jesus dust around.

Pad is right. They quickly demonstrate that they are just fucking assholes with a desperate need to believe the absurd is real.
(July 31, 2012 at 11:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: As noted elsewhere, they have a short shelf-life. Part of the problem is that all of the morons think they are the first to show up here and sprinkle jesus dust around.

Pad is right. They quickly demonstrate that they are just fucking assholes with a desperate need to believe the absurd is real.

Ten points for saying "jesus dust." Yeah, arguing with the morons does get a bit tedious. There's plenty of good stuff though if you can ignore the idiots.
You really believe in a man who has helped to save the world twice, with the power to change his physical appearance? An alien who travels though time and space--in a police box?!? [Image: TARDIS.gif]
Quote:Am I the only one who finds those lunatics entertaining?
Am I honestly the only person who gets a joyful tingling sensation at the anticipation of a new victim to slice open with occams razor?
Honestly? Love it.

Did you also enjoy pulling the wings off flies as a child? Thinking I don't want to beat them, (they are too bloody minded or thick to admit defeat regardless) I just want them to fuck off.

We don't owe these dropkicks shit. It has been my view for a very long time that such people have no place on an atheist forum and should not be permitted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goodbye, Earth! Jehanne 5 534 June 30, 2022 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Goodbye Cool World Disagreeable 15 952 January 30, 2022 at 11:56 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Well, color me smeckledorfed! no one 4 649 December 31, 2021 at 8:57 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Take a guess onlinebiker 17 1238 November 25, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 945 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Goodbye folks. Porcupine 13 1014 July 27, 2020 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Well I'm off to Devon Cod 26 3504 August 4, 2019 at 3:59 am
Last Post: Cod
  I Guess You've All Been Practicing Your Aim Rhondazvous 20 1469 August 29, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Well, Stormy...He IS An Old Sack of Shit Minimalist 11 1360 August 28, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Guest shots that might not go so well... Gawdzilla Sama 33 2624 August 22, 2018 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4