Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fickle Face Of Facebook
The Fickle Face Of Facebook
In an echo of my comment in the thread on "the bible" and its many faults etc, in which I made the observation of you lot preferring a funny picture to a carefully-crafted essay, I posted a silly little joke onto my Facebook wall earlier. I was simply browsing and looking for jokes and one-liners I could nick, as you do, and I found this one which tickled my funnybone enough for me to post it:

Quote:"Noah," says the Lord, "for the next flood, I want no animals on board, just fish. And not any old fish, but only carp, in glass tanks."
"And this time," says the Lord, "think big, Eight decks at least."
"I got you," says Noah, "what you want is a multi-storey carp ark."

So far it's proved to be one of the more popular things I think I've ever posted there and it isn't even my bloody joke! The hits just keep on coming! My Mum was sitting nearby on her laptop - well, not actually sitting on it, that would be silly - and as soon as I heard her laughing I just knew what had set her off. So if (when?) this joke works its way around the net via FB, Twitter, or just plain email, you'll know where it started. And who to blame.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: The Fickle Face Of Facebook
(August 21, 2012 at 8:47 pm)Stimbo Wrote: "Noah," says the Lord, "for the next flood, I want no animals on board, just fish. And not any old fish, but only carp, in glass tanks."
"And this time," says the Lord, "think big, Eight decks at least."
"I got you," says Noah, "what you want is a multi-storey carp ark."

I don't get it. [Image: sulk.gif]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I do. It's definitely not aimed at Americans, though. : D
(August 22, 2012 at 6:08 pm)apophenia Wrote: I don't get it.

Facepalm

Multi-storey car park.
It's what (Sir) Terry Pratchett would call "a pune, or play on words". Maybe it's a cultural thing; remember I'm a lifelong and landlocked Englander so I've never been further west than Barmouth, Tywyn or Aberystwyth (although I have spent some time in Portmeirion, a.k.a. The Village, trying to convince them I'm not a number - I am a free man).
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  As Seen on Facebook . . . Shell B 289 27095 August 10, 2021 at 10:19 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What is Facebook and do you find it valuable Rhizomorph13 22 1261 July 29, 2020 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Let's heathenize facebook Foxaèr 8 1028 March 21, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Minds, Facebook alternative Foxaèr 0 623 July 28, 2017 at 9:34 am
  Uh-oh, maybe Facebook is finally gone Foxaèr 7 1557 June 16, 2017 at 10:02 am
  Facebook Expired 63 4149 July 17, 2016 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Can Facebook be a dick? Foxaèr 17 1713 May 24, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Girls: Beard or Baby face? ErGingerbreadMandude 90 9565 May 5, 2016 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Panic: my mom showed up in the suggested people on my fake facebook DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 29 4129 December 8, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Warning for those who use facebook... IanHulett 3 1173 July 16, 2015 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: IanHulett