Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As Seen on Facebook . . .
As Seen on Facebook . . .
So, I'm starting this off with the stupid stuff I've seen posted on Facebook about mass shootings. However, I'm sure this thread will evolve, so let's just call it a thread about stupid shit you've seen on facebook. Now, please don't post identifying information about the people who posted this stuff, including names. We wouldn't want someone starting shit somewhere else. Moreover, I was hoping for the tone to be sort of funny and relaxed, not witch hunty.

[Image: 27858476_1414439815332453_72459105745659...e=5B106BAD]

[Image: 27658131_1865498226825998_87457575831352...e=5B1DA84E]

[Image: 27858071_2025577960988869_54010480176172...e=5B2564A3]

[Image: 27982924_2079874785576027_14098234415161...e=5B0CCD25]
RE: As Seen on Facebook . . .
Yeah, I've had that last one. My response was something like "We do remove the drivers' access to cars after the event". Followed by "Unlike cars, guns are designed specifically to cause massive injury and death when used exactly as the manufacturer intended".
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
If everyone demanded to the right to own a firearm for the express and intended purpose of driving it to work every day, my objections to gun ownership would vanish.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 18, 2018 at 1:24 pm)ll B Wrote: So, I'm starting this off with the stupid stuff I've seen posted on Facebook about mass shootings. However, I'm sure this thread will evolve, so let's just call it a thread about stupid shit you've seen on facebook. Now, please don't post identifying information about the people who posted this stuff, including names. We wouldn't want someone starting shit somewhere else. Moreover, I was hoping for the tone to be sort of funny and relaxed, not witch hunty.

First off, they won't get there in time. Second, if you have a gun in your home the chances are that it will kill a resident, not an intruder. If an intruder does break into your home they're ready for a fight. You're not. You're in bed asleep. They shoot you as you wake up, not as you search around for your gun. 

And that's the point where you find out exactly how useful prayer really is.
That last one is a true strawman great! Not many people want to ban guns they just want to make sure people that shouldn't have them don't get them. Also that the deadliest military style guns are off the market for non-military.

LOL my former Pentecostal acquaintances would probably have all those goofy memes x3. Thank science I know longer use facebook.
(February 18, 2018 at 4:27 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: That last one is  a true strawman great! Not many people want to ban guns they just want to make sure people that shouldn't have them don't get them. Also that the deadliest military style guns are off the market for non-military.

It's actually a false equivalence. A kills people, and doesn't nothing else. B kills people and cures cancer. Since A and  B kill people should we ban both?
(February 18, 2018 at 4:31 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(February 18, 2018 at 4:27 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: That last one is  a true strawman great! Not many people want to ban guns they just want to make sure people that shouldn't have them don't get them. Also that the deadliest military style guns are off the market for non-military.

It's actually a false equivalence. A kills people, and doesn't nothing else. B kills people and cures cancer. Since A and  B kill people should we ban both?

Right. But my strawman angle is they are implying liberals want to ban guns.
Oooh I got a few from a thread in my friend’s wall, but I’ll have to cover up the names. Tongue
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(February 18, 2018 at 4:49 pm)J a c k Wrote: Oooh I got a few from a thread in my friend’s wall, but I’ll have to cover up the names. Tongue

You could always just click on the picture and then under options, download it. All you'll get is the pic with no identifiers. Big Grin
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(February 18, 2018 at 4:23 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(February 18, 2018 at 1:24 pm)ll B Wrote: So, I'm starting this off with the stupid stuff I've seen posted on Facebook about mass shootings. However, I'm sure this thread will evolve, so let's just call it a thread about stupid shit you've seen on facebook. Now, please don't post identifying information about the people who posted this stuff, including names. We wouldn't want someone starting shit somewhere else. Moreover, I was hoping for the tone to be sort of funny and relaxed, not witch hunty.

First off, they won't get there in time. Second, if you have a gun in your home the chances are that it will kill a resident, not an intruder. If an intruder does break into your home they're ready for a fight. You're not. You're in bed asleep. They shoot you as you wake up, not as you search around for your gun. 

And that's the point where you find out exactly how useful prayer really is.
The news is loaded with stories about people shooting burglars at all hours of the day.

For instance =

Pennsylvania man, 84, shoots and kills home invader, fights off another
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/08/eld...-them.html

"An 84-year-old Pennsylvania man successfully fought off a home invasion, fatally shooting one intruder after two men broke into his house in the middle of the night.

Ellwood City police said Don Lutz was awakened by a noise around 1:15 a.m. Friday. He grabbed a handgun, which he told KDKA he keeps under his pillow while he sleeps, and went out to investigate.

He was met by two men breaking into his home.

“I was in bed sleeping, they woke me up,” Lutz told KDKA. “Woken up to them busting in on my front door, and I went out in the hallway in the dark, and I met this one guy, and he went to grab me and that’s when I shot him.”"

Police: Federal agent fatally shoots intruder in her home
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-worl...-her-home/

"MIAMI (AP) — Police say a federal agent has fatally shot an intruder inside her home near Miami.

The Miami Herald reports that the shooting occurred around 1:30 a.m. Monday. U.S. Customs and Border Protection confirmed that the shooter was 55-year-old Maria Otero, the branch chief of the agency’s Miami office.

Miami-Dade police say 28-year-old Robert Young III smashed in a glass sliding door at Otero’s home in Pinecrest. Detectives didn’t immediately know whether Young was armed, but Florida’s self-defense law generally permits deadly force against any intruder."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have anyone seen this old video? purplepurpose 4 522 May 19, 2023 at 10:32 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  What is Facebook and do you find it valuable Rhizomorph13 22 1254 July 29, 2020 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Pizzagate(the documentary you wish you'd never seen) particleman 14 1492 July 17, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Stupid shit you've seen. Gawdzilla Sama 44 5753 December 26, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What's the funniest trolling you have seen on these forums? Garth 18 3210 March 23, 2018 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Let's heathenize facebook Foxaèr 8 1028 March 21, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  I have seen the future. Gawdzilla Sama 3 850 January 27, 2018 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Worst movie you've seen Cyberman 125 24686 August 27, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Minds, Facebook alternative Foxaèr 0 622 July 28, 2017 at 9:34 am
  Uh-oh, maybe Facebook is finally gone Foxaèr 7 1556 June 16, 2017 at 10:02 am