Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook
Facebook
I don't know about you lot but I fucking HATE Facebook. I am not in the slightest bit interested what you have had for your dinner (and I really don't want to see pictures of it).
Stop telling me how great your lives are and where in the world you are. Stop posting shit that might mean something to you but not to me.. whatever happened to people meeting up and chatting, and  worst of all Facebook pretends to be your friend when it fucking is not.
 I had 369 'friends' when I was on it, 2 of them were actually my friends, and one of them I did not like.
RE: Facebook
I have 454 friends, and likely only 15 of them are friends or family (including from here). The rest? Gaming partners on Pearl's Peril or Farmville 2 (which I don't play anymore).
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Well tell us how you really feel.

Facebook is a tool like any other. It depends on how you use it. You don't like what your friends post? Unfollow them and follow people and things generating content you do want to see.

No one is required to cater to your tastes. Some of us actually do like to celebrate our friends' successes and travels....and still find time to meet up IRL.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Stop logging on. Problem solved.
I will say that I really do like the layout, and I appreciate the family connections I have made with FB. FB's important to my life even though folks can get annoying on it.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I deleted my account about a year ago. It was full of cunts posting pictures of their meals, constant game requests (even though I had disabled them, they still got through) and shitty ass memes.

Fuck Facebook.
(July 16, 2016 at 5:25 pm)Cato Wrote: Stop logging on. Problem solved.

I stopped, just know loads of people who still live their lives around it. and it really is shit.
Depending on how you define the term, I have around 20 friends, my wife has somewhat more.

Neither of us have a Facebook account.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 16, 2016 at 5:35 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: I deleted my account about a year ago. It was full of cunts posting pictures of their meals, constant game requests (even though I had disabled them, they still got through) and shitty ass memes.

Fuck Facebook.

And people posting memes about trust and shit, when I know the person posting it was a slapper who was having an affair with her next door neighbour Rolleyes
(July 16, 2016 at 5:04 pm)Expired Wrote: I don't know about you lot but I fucking HATE Facebook.

I don't.

Quote:I am not in the slightest bit interested what you have had for your dinner (and I really don't want to see pictures of it).

Then don't look.

Quote:Stop telling me how great your lives are

Why? If you're really a friend, you care about your friends' lives...

Quote:and where in the world you are.

Again... real friends care about that kind of thing. Like my friend who spends a good portion of his life in Turkey; I'm really glad I know where he is and how he's doing.

Quote:Stop posting shit that might mean something to you but not to me..

Should people ask whether you care about something before posting it?

Quote:whatever happened to people meeting up and chatting,

Nothing, last I checked. In fact, I'm glad to be FB friends with people whom I can't regularly meet up with. I would have lost touch with a lot of people I know from all over the world if it weren't for FB.

Quote:and  worst of all Facebook pretends to be your friend when it fucking is not.

FB isn't a person...

Quote:I had 369 'friends' when I was on it, 2 of them were actually my friends, and one of them I did not like.

Why did you accept their friend requests, then?
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  As Seen on Facebook . . . Shell B 289 27010 August 10, 2021 at 10:19 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What is Facebook and do you find it valuable Rhizomorph13 22 1249 July 29, 2020 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Let's heathenize facebook Foxaèr 8 1027 March 21, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Minds, Facebook alternative Foxaèr 0 622 July 28, 2017 at 9:34 am
  Uh-oh, maybe Facebook is finally gone Foxaèr 7 1556 June 16, 2017 at 10:02 am
  Can Facebook be a dick? Foxaèr 17 1708 May 24, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Panic: my mom showed up in the suggested people on my fake facebook DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 29 4123 December 8, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Warning for those who use facebook... IanHulett 3 1172 July 16, 2015 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  Looks like I'm a social outcast on my facebook. IanHulett 13 1960 July 16, 2015 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
Wink Facebook users? Catholic_Lady 136 11438 July 11, 2015 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady