Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ledge, a movie review.
The Ledge, a movie review.
SPOILER ALLERT, DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT YET,

I enjoyed it, but not for the reason some might think. I thought that the editing was the downside of the movie. The shots were sometimes way too long and the music did not meet the implied tone of the particular scene. It was too long as well.

However, there were a couple of scenes that were riveting and had me glued. The scene where the cop confronts his wife about the fact that their kids were not his. And the scene where the evil religious nut job has the hero in his apartment with the gun in his lap.

I also enjoyed it because it reflected the common arguments atheists make on line every day, about bigotry, the absurdity of claiming "god is testing us". I also felt myself smile when the hero and the woman are looking up at the night time sky and he explains how awesome the universe is without a god.

So it was a mixed bag. I without a doubt loved it because of the subject matter, but purely from an editing and acting standpoint I was not a fan of the casual mood of the acting when the implied script was supposed to be intense. Some could blame that on the budget, but I am not. I have seen big budget block busters that people love which I still don't get because of the casual mood the director is fond of. Quinton T would be an example of a director I am not fond of.

I also love the fact that the hero not only gave his life for the women he loved, he also saved a marriage. I honestly don't think, most humans, regardless of label would be capable of doing what the hero did in real life. I think most of the time humans will avoid danger or try to if they know ahead of time. However, we can and often do in times of stress do things we might normally not do, like jump into a river to save a flood victim or push someone out of the way of a car or falling object because we don't have time to think.

So my grade is as follows. A for content, because it raises needed questions. C+ for acting and editing.

BTW Liv, nice tits.
RE: The Ledge, a movie review.
I saw this a wee while ago... I did fall asleep half way through though. I'll need to re-watch it. Tongue
Cunt
RE: The Ledge, a movie review.
Wow, nice necroposting. You have some time on your hands there.

Yea, love the idea, but the acting was bad, there were certain points though where I thought it was good. The bad guy had some really good moments. But not a well done movie even thought the the story line is much needed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Movie You Watched Foxaèr 5438 481774 Yesterday at 2:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3739 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 776 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 574 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 458 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 476 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1649 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  My reply to the Human Life Review. Jehanne 18 1162 August 28, 2021 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 958 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
  Unhinged movie, what you think of it? Sweden83 5 469 December 3, 2020 at 1:44 pm