Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Fundies Say I'm Not a Christian
Why Fundies Say I'm Not a Christian
I have been thinking about all the venom that has been spewed against me by Christians of all stripes and colours. I have never before in my entire life seen so much hatred. People accuse me of being a much older man and that's a huge compliment to me because it simply means that I write a lot of bloody sense and with a great deal of maturity.

Like Obama, I can produce my birth certificate and you can see for yourself that I was born on 17 December 1998 but that won't stop the birthers who will continue to say I'm much older because they are not used to seeing such a bright lad. They are used only to their fundy kids whose minds have been so badly shackled and who are only allowed to read fairy tales and silly myths. I ask you, how can anyone grow to full maturity if he's fed a strict diet of fairy tales and Noah's ark? It's a wonder he doesn't end up looney.

Obama and I share face the same birther opposition and I've just sent an email to Obama to tell him to take heart - I know what it's like and I'll be a support to him if he needs a listening ear.
ROFLOL

Anyway, I asked myself. Why the hatred and the opposition?

And I stumbled upon the ANSWER. The truth is all fundies and superstitious Christians (by superstitious Christians, I mean Christians who believe in supernatural things) know that I'm right. That's why they fear debating with me and when they do debate, they look for all kinds of excuses to throw the spanner in the works.

I gave some thought to my own sacred religion which is totally devoid of anything supernatural and I am now trying to formulate reasons why superstitious Christianity cannot stand at all. That will also explain why superstitious Christians hate me; they know I can smash their beliefs to bits. If I am to smash superstitious Christianity to bits, I will do so under the following broad headings:

1. Attack the idea of God as a being. My arguments will lead to this final conclusion - God has LESS validity to exist than fairies and pixies. [Remember: my view is God is a metaphor]

2. Attack the Bible. This is possibly the easiest thing to do and it's one area superstitious Christians are most vulnerable. There are a few ways to go about this:

I. Attack the CONTENTS of the Bible

A. Show the errors, falsehood and lies in the Bible.

B. Show contradictions in the Bible.

C. Show how evil the Bible is.

II. Attack the Bible as a Holy Book

A. Show the flaws in canonicity. This requires a knowledge of church history and I'm an expert after having read a couple of books on this.

B. Show the flaws in the transmission.

C. Show the probable serious flaws in even the original autograph copies which are not available today but which historians have shown to be highly unreliable.

As you can see, I'm a most potent threat to superstitious Christianity. I'm sure a task force has been commissioned to hunt me down and assassinate me but you can't assassinate Sir Greneknight that easily. I'm a WARRIOR and I'll fight. I shall defend the truth, whatever the cost may be. I shall fight on the beaches, I shall fight on the landing grounds, I shall fight in the fields and in the streets, I shall fight in the hills; I shall never surrender. Cool Shades
RE: Why Fundies Say I'm Not a Christian

"Why I don't give a rat's ass.....

Historically speaking, religions have always reserved their finest vitriol for those who were "like them, but had stepped off the path." Being a nonbeliever is often safer than being a believer of the wrong type.

Wikipedia Wrote:
The Albigensian Crusade or Cathar Crusade (1209–1255) was a 45-year military campaign initiated by the Catholic Church to eliminate Catharism in Languedoc. The Crusade was prosecuted primarily by the French crown and promptly took on a political flavour, resulting in not only a significant reduction in the number of practicing Cathars but also a realignment of Occitania, bringing it into the sphere of the French crown and diminishing the distinct regional culture and high level of Aragonese influence.

When Innocent III's diplomatic attempts to roll back Catharism met with little success and after the murder of the papal legate, Pierre de Castelnau, Innocent III declared a crusade against Languedoc, offering the lands of the Cathar "heretics" to any French nobleman willing to take up arms. The violence led to France's acquisition of lands with closer linguistic, cultural, and political ties to Catalonia (see Occitan). The pope declared that all Albigenses "should be imprisoned and their property confiscated".

The Albigensian Crusade also had a role in the creation and institutionalization of both the Dominican Order and the Medieval Inquisition.

The Albigensian crusades resulted in an estimated two hundred thousand to one million deaths. It's also worth bearing in mind that the Spanish Inquisition in particular was aimed primarily at Jews, former Jews converted to Christ (conversos), and Muslims.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
If you think god is just a metaphor, and you still beleive in him or "it", why believe in Christianity, at all?......Why not Islam?
(September 11, 2012 at 7:52 am)cratehorus Wrote: If you think god is just a metaphor, and you still beleive in him or "it", why believe in Christianity, at all?......Why not Islam?

I don't think I "believe" in Christianity. I just accept it because I was raised a Christian. Frankly, I don't like Islam because I don't believe it's a religion of peace. I think the world would be a better and safer place if there is no Islam. It's true there was a time when the world would have been a better and safer place without Christianity but we managed to tame our religion. My greatest wish is that Muslims will be able to do that to their religion too. Right now, they haven't succeeded and it doesn't look like they'll succeed any time in the near future.

But in my country and in my church which is the State Church, everyone accepts me as a Christian. Honestly, I've never been told I was not a Christian until I met American fundies for the first time in my life on internet forums and yahoo groups.

(September 11, 2012 at 7:50 am)apophenia Wrote:

"Why I don't give a rat's ass.....

Historically speaking, religions have always reserved their finest vitriol for those who were "like them, but had stepped off the path." Being a nonbeliever is often safer than being a believer of the wrong type.

Wikipedia Wrote:
The Albigensian Crusade or Cathar Crusade (1209–1255) was a 45-year military campaign initiated by the Catholic Church to eliminate Catharism in Languedoc. The Crusade was prosecuted primarily by the French crown and promptly took on a political flavour, resulting in not only a significant reduction in the number of practicing Cathars but also a realignment of Occitania, bringing it into the sphere of the French crown and diminishing the distinct regional culture and high level of Aragonese influence.

When Innocent III's diplomatic attempts to roll back Catharism met with little success and after the murder of the papal legate, Pierre de Castelnau, Innocent III declared a crusade against Languedoc, offering the lands of the Cathar "heretics" to any French nobleman willing to take up arms. The violence led to France's acquisition of lands with closer linguistic, cultural, and political ties to Catalonia (see Occitan). The pope declared that all Albigenses "should be imprisoned and their property confiscated".

The Albigensian Crusade also had a role in the creation and institutionalization of both the Dominican Order and the Medieval Inquisition.

The Albigensian crusades resulted in an estimated two hundred thousand to one million deaths. It's also worth bearing in mind that the Spanish Inquisition in particular was aimed primarily at Jews, former Jews converted to Christ (conversos), and Muslims.

You make a lot of sense, apophenia. I was wondering why they HATE me more than they hate atheists. From the very start, in any Christian forum, I'm immediately attacked. But they always feel better if they can insist I'm older because I think they feel bad if they attack a teenager. So they always begin by doubling my age first. Then they launch their most scurrilous attack. It's so hilarious. That's Christian love at its finest.

Hey, actually they do that too when they try to justify God's killing of 42 boys by sending two she-bears to rip them apart for teasing the Prophet Elisha "bald head". I've seen on Christian (how to defend God's evil) websites. They begin by saying the 42 boys were about 30 years old. Ho Ho Ho! I'm so tickled.
(September 11, 2012 at 8:17 am)greneknight Wrote:
(September 11, 2012 at 7:52 am)cratehorus Wrote: If you think god is just a metaphor, and you still beleive in him or "it", why believe in Christianity, at all?......Why not Islam?

I don't think I "believe" in Christianity. I just accept it because I was raised a Christian. Frankly, I don't like Islam because I don't believe it's a religion of peace. I think the world would be a better and safer place if there is no Islam. It's true there was a time when the world would have been a better and safer place without Christianity but we managed to tame our religion. My greatest wish is that Muslims will be able to do that to their religion too. Right now, they haven't succeeded and it doesn't look like they'll succeed any time in the near future.

But in my country and in my church which is the State Church, everyone accepts me as a Christian. Honestly, I've never been told I was not a Christian until I met American fundies for the first time in my life on internet forums and yahoo groups.

you only say that you've "tamed your religion" (whatever that means) because you don't believe certain people count as REAL christians. Well muslims feel the same way about al-queda they dont count them as REAL muslims either. What's the difference between you and them?
(September 11, 2012 at 8:26 am)cratehorus Wrote:
(September 11, 2012 at 8:17 am)greneknight Wrote: I don't think I "believe" in Christianity. I just accept it because I was raised a Christian. Frankly, I don't like Islam because I don't believe it's a religion of peace. I think the world would be a better and safer place if there is no Islam. It's true there was a time when the world would have been a better and safer place without Christianity but we managed to tame our religion. My greatest wish is that Muslims will be able to do that to their religion too. Right now, they haven't succeeded and it doesn't look like they'll succeed any time in the near future.

you only say that you've "tamed your religion" (whatever that means) because you don't believe certain people count as REAL christians. Well muslims feel the same way about al-queda they dont count them as REAL muslims either. What's the difference between you and them?

Have you noticed something about many moderate Muslims? They are strangely silent when others condemn the terrorists. I get this niggling feeling that they don't condemn them as non-Muslims but they don't dare to say it openly because they live in England and they want to be respectable.

If you want to know another difference between me and a moderate Muslim, I don't believe any God entity exists. I dare say a Muslim wouldn't say that no Allah entity exists?
(September 11, 2012 at 8:32 am)greneknight Wrote: Have you noticed something about many moderate Muslims? They are strangely silent when others condemn the terrorists. I get this niggling feeling that they don't condemn them as non-Muslims but they don't dare to say it openly because they live in England and they want to be respectable.

If you want to know another difference between me and a moderate Muslim, I don't believe any God entity exists. I dare say a Muslim wouldn't say that no Allah entity exists?

no, they have been condeming extremism while you were still shitting your diapers there not all terroists greneknight........ muslims have been protesting and fighting this shit for years the west just woke up to this shit in 2001......... same day they learned where afganistan was on a map.

What about you? you're obviously blind as shit to all the violent, genocidal christian groups ALL OVER THE WORLD
(September 11, 2012 at 8:40 am)cratehorus Wrote: no, they have been condeming extremism while you were still shitting your diapers there not all terroists greneknight........ muslims have been protesting and fighting this shit for years the west just woke up to this shit in 2001......... same day they learned where afganistan was on a map.

What about you? you're obviously blind as shit to all the violent, genocidal christian groups ALL OVER THE WORLD

Oh sure. Whenever there is a bomb somewhere, we all look round at our neighbours and wonder which CHRISTIAN suicide bomber did the job believing in a paradise with 77 virgins. And when you draw a cartoon of Jesus, we bomb you?

What the West is not alert to is the true danger of Islam. We keep giving asylum to Muslims who leave their Muslim countries and instead of gratitude, what do we have? These Muslims who escape Muslim countries now want Shariah law in England. The same Shariah law that ruined his country and for which we offered him a home. And now he wants to see that evil Shariah law in England. The ruddy cheek!
(September 11, 2012 at 8:17 am)greneknight Wrote:

I don't think I "believe" in Christianity. I just accept it because I was raised a Christian

I've said it on these forums before, this^ is the worst reason for anything ever.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
You got a bone to pick with Rayann from the other thread don't you?

One could argue the same towards christians. Moderate or 'cultural', "moderate christians are the soil where fundies thrive" might be argued. Along with being an atheist I am also a humanist. I would never legislate to forbid religion, as long as it respects other people's freedom.

The same way you use that broad brush on muslims, the same can be trowned right backatchya.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are you (still) a Christian? FrustratedFool 304 18624 September 29, 2023 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Stupid things atheists say: Goatherders Data 45 1794 September 18, 2023 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1950 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 5396 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2318 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88904 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Three in five British adults say miracles are possible zebo-the-fat 15 1987 September 30, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2780 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20243 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Why i became a protestant Christian Rispri 34 6643 February 16, 2017 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Lek