Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Egypt issues arrest warrants for film makers of anti-Islam video
Egypt issues arrest warrants for film makers of anti-Islam video
Quote:Egypt's general prosecutor issued arrest warrants Tuesday for seven Egyptian Coptic Christians and a Florida-based American pastor and referred them to trial on charges linked to an anti-Islam film that has sparked riots across the Muslim world.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wire...m-17261427
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Egypt issues arrest warrants for film makers of anti-Islam video
Quote:Instead, the prosecutor's decision to take legal appears aimed at absorbing at least some of the public anger over the amateur film,

Another grand-standing prosecutor. At least the fucks learned that much from us!
So what's the deal with the actors? Were they brave, or conned? That's what I've heard.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(September 19, 2012 at 12:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Instead, the prosecutor's decision to take legal appears aimed at absorbing at least some of the public anger over the amateur film,

Another grand-standing prosecutor. At least the fucks learned that much from us!

Let's have a trial. It's a good way to siphon off some of that righteous anger. "This isn't a time for vigilante justice - they're handling it."

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
We have to go through the show of issuing a fatwa, but let's make it look a little less medieval.

BTW, the concept of trying to put people on trial for doing things in other countries that weren't against the other country's laws? They probably got that from us.
(September 19, 2012 at 12:25 pm)Stue Denim Wrote: So what's the deal with the actors? Were they brave, or conned? That's what I've heard.
Yeah, the actors were conned.

The producer deceived all the cast and crew members into thinking that the film had nothing to do with Islam nor Muhammad. They had no idea that they were starring in an anti-Islam propaganda which was planned in such a way as to depict the Prophet Muhammad as a child molester and thug. Cindy Lee Garcia, one of the actors who had a small role in the "Muhammad" movie, said:
Quote:"It was going to be a film based on how things were 2,000 years ago," Garcia said. "It wasn't based on anything to do with religion, it was just on how things were run in Egypt. There wasn't anything about Muhammed or Muslims or anything."

In the script and during the shooting, nothing indicated the controversial nature of the final product, now called Muslim Innocence. Muhammed wasn't even called Muhammed; he was "Master George," Garcia said. The word "Muhammed" was dubbed over in post-production, as were essentially all other offensive references to Islam and Muhammed.
http://gawker.com/5942748/it-makes-me-si...bout-islam

In another statement:
Quote:"The entire cast and crew are extremely upset and feel taken advantage of by the producer. We are 100% not behind this film and were grossly misled about its intent and purpose," the statement says. "We are shocked by the drastic re-writes of the script and lies that were told to all involved. We are deeply saddened by the tragedies that have occurred."
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/12/u-s...?hpt=hp_t1

But, of course, Muslims killing people over this (poorly-made) film, especially those who had nothing to do with the film, is definitely wrong and tragic, in every way.
(September 19, 2012 at 1:18 pm)Rayaan Wrote:

Ahhh... Explains so much! I watched it, if something is offensive, I'd like to have 1st hand experience because "offensive" is rather subjective... It was offensive, but I couldn't figure out what all the dubbing was about. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.
There are no pictures or words that justify any physical harm in return. Fucking mob mentality. Dodgy
(September 19, 2012 at 12:25 pm)Stue Denim Wrote: So what's the deal with the actors? Were they brave, or conned? That's what I've heard.
What ever the deal was, the Muslims over there have made it very clear by way of violence and murder, on other occassions besides this video, that they will not tolerate criticism or anything else spoken against mohammed and islam.....I don't care what it is they're raging about, this doesn't justify their murdering our Ambassador and embassy staff.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Believe the stock response is "some muslims over there" did this, not "the muslims over there".
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 4821 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Does Social Issues matter when deciding your political affiliation? T.J. 48 3074 April 21, 2022 at 9:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are you Anti-Political? Disagreeable 52 2388 April 7, 2022 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Oracle
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1846 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists wildly progressive on a variety of issues Foxaèr 5 357 October 10, 2020 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Anti Cop Apologist Memes The Architect Of Fate 18 1990 June 26, 2020 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Black Lives Matter is not anti racist, but pro marxist Ramus932 25 2073 June 14, 2020 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Anti Trans And Why It Fails Amarok 78 7995 December 27, 2018 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Voting Machine Issues In Kansas ReptilianPeon 3 854 August 8, 2018 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Anti Trans Bathroom Law Proganada is Kind Of Misandrist Amarok 30 3405 March 7, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet