Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And We're Back ... Awe Hell
And We're Back ... Awe Hell
One of our not-so-esteemed members keeps sugar coating christianity's infamous Hell.
The reason you may ask? To save face. There's no way to defend such a self-absorbed vindictive narcissistic god while he's tossing people into hell by the billions. Even his own son, JC himself, speaks of hell over 70 times in the New Testament.

Why start this thread you may ask?
I'm really sick and tired of hearing christians continually tell me how their god is so full of love, and that it is I who is choosing to go to hell for the crime of being born.

Specifically, this is the BULL SHIT that I am addressing:

Quote:...if you choose to separate yourself from God He will allow you to do so. You do not have to vilify God or 'break up' with Him. If you want to go then just go. or rather simply do not return home.
Hell is the absents of Creation. All that God created is what you have turned your back on. God didn't 'create' Hell. Hell is the Darkness in which Creation was call out from. It is the opposite of Creation and the furthest one can get from God.

One would have to be exceptionally impaired to buy this load of garbage.
As if being thrown into eternal torment can be compared to "not going home to god" or simply "breaking up." Bull shit. Jesus regularly threatens us with his daddy's hellfire.

Book of Lies (Bible) Wrote:Revelations 20:15 KJV
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Mark 9:40-48
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Matthew 13:41-42 KJV
and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 16:23-24
In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

Luke 16:27-28
“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

Quote:God didn't 'create' Hell. Hell is the Darkness in which Creation was call out from.

Nope, your angry self-absorbed god built it and even most christians will cop to this fact.
Book of Lies (Bible) Wrote:Matthew 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels

Prepared for the devil and his angels ... "yeah I created hell, but I've reserved enough room for an extra 80 billion souls ... plus I've loaded my holy word with true stories of people I've already sent to eternal torture."

My point here is I'm sick of hearing how full of love your god is and then trying to sell that by downplaying what your book of evil says about this "eternal separation." Yes, you are not allowed to tell us we're going to hell, that's preaching, but don't sit here and use happy friendly words like "break up" and "no going home" just because you want to disguise the reality of who your god actually is ... a spoiled little boy with a flame thrower.

"God is love. Please ignore most everything the Bible says and pay attention only to my interpretation of it. Regardless of God's obvious self-importance and complete unwillingness to save billions of people, God is still love. Hell is just 'separation' and never forget that it's your fault."

(Don't feel obligated to post in this thread. I just needed to blow off some steam.)
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: And We're Back ... Awe Hell
(October 1, 2012 at 11:31 pm)Cinjin Wrote:

So, do you want me to post yes or no?
(October 1, 2012 at 11:37 pm)Drich Wrote: So, do you want me to post yes or no?

Main Entry: obligate  [v. ob-li-geyt; adj. ob-li-git, -geyt] Show IPA
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: require
Synonyms: astrict, bind, constrain, force, indebt, make indebted, oblige, restrain, restrict
Antonyms: let off

You are "not obligated", ergo, the choice is yours.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Post away. That remark was for everyone.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Drich: Is it really necessary to quote the entire post simply to post a single sentence reply? Or even quote it at all, given that your reply directly follows the... aw, forget it.

(Edit: Posted before the mod action. Kept intact for mysterious reasons.)
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Hell isn't in the Bible and if you've read the Bible for yourself, you'd know that it isn't even in there (the Bible)...

That, and even if you still say that "hell" is in there, it's NOT eternal.

(feel free to take the fundies' stance and try to convince me it's there...)
(October 2, 2012 at 12:48 am)catfish Wrote: Hell isn't in the Bible and if you've read the Bible for yourself, you'd know that it isn't even in there (the Bible)...

What about this:http://bible.org/article/what-bible-says-about-hell

250 posts!
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(October 2, 2012 at 12:52 am)Darkstar Wrote:
(October 2, 2012 at 12:48 am)catfish Wrote: Hell isn't in the Bible and if you've read the Bible for yourself, you'd know that it isn't even in there (the Bible)...

What about this:http://bible.org/article/what-bible-says-about-hell

250 posts!

What about it?
You gonna let someone tell you what's in the Bible when you can read and research for yourself?

Here's a hint: Find all the original words that were later translated into the English word "hell", then come back here like you have a legitimate rebuttal...
(October 2, 2012 at 12:56 am)catfish Wrote: What about it?
You gonna let someone tell you what's in the Bible when you can read and research for yourself?

Here's a hint: Find all the original words that were later translated into the English word "hell", then come back here like you have a legitimate rebuttal...

They provide bible passages with each point. It is true that they do not us the word 'hell', but what else could they mean when they say:

or

Notice how it says the fiery furnace, and the lake of fire. This is not some generic fire, there is only one, and all of the unsaved are being thrown into it. The word 'hell' is not explicitly used, but it is clear that is what is meant.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Quote:Drich: Is it really necessary to quote the entire post simply to post a single sentence reply? Or even quote it at all, given that your reply directly follows the... aw, forget it.

Drippy has a short attention span.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GoodFight310 and the visions of Hell Ah_Hyug 0 783 September 20, 2020 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Ah_Hyug
  On the subject of Hell and Salvation Alternatehistory95 278 28245 March 10, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  On Hell and Forgiveness LadyForCamus 977 88640 October 19, 2018 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: kelseck
  Hello and question about hell Kyro 80 5349 August 11, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Hell and God cant Co-exist. Socratic Meth Head 440 45810 June 22, 2016 at 8:15 am
Last Post: madog
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 6998 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why a heaven and hell couldn't exist. dyresand 16 5467 April 5, 2015 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: dyresand
Exclamation Hell and the Play Nice Christian Cinjin 202 30476 February 26, 2015 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Since Heaven and Hell are not temporal .. Brakeman 130 24557 December 19, 2014 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Hell Houses (AKA: Hallelujah Houses, Heaven or Hell, Christian Haunted House, etc.) Strider 25 6773 December 3, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: abaris