Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The morality of the working class.
The morality of the working class.
I just saw this story on CNN. A cab driver discovered 2OOK in his cab. Now being a major city I am sure this guy struggled even with tips. But he turned the money into lost and found and the owner recovered it. Now while he did get a 2,000 dollar reward, the company he works for DOES NOT pay him enough for cost of living, nor do most of the middle class or working poor.

Why is it this guy can do the right tthing, but the uber rich simply pay off lawmakers to make tax breaks and shelters and stupidly claim that because a law exists and means they are not breaking the law, makes it moral?

Most people in the middle class and even the working poor, when they find a wallet or money that does not belong to them, WILL, try to find the person it belongs to.

But yet people like Mitt and Wal Mart do not see that law that benifets them, and not equal to the worker or closely reflecting a fair market, bitch that the middle and poor are not competing with India and China's slave labor and act like the victims when the reality is that they are the bullies.

That cab driver could have not reported it and kept it. So why is it the uber rich think by merely putting something on paper in law makes them moral. It is nothing but legalized theft.

A cab driver to me has more fucking morals in this case than Wal Mart or Mitt Romney.
RE: The morality of the working class.
(October 10, 2012 at 5:18 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Why is it this guy can do the right tthing, but the uber rich simply pay off lawmakers to make tax breaks and shelters and stupidly claim that because a law exists and means they are not breaking the law, makes it moral?

Quite easily. When you come to the terms that you can indeed live at the bottom and still have a good life, you don't think twice.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Quote:Why is it this guy can do the right tthing, but the uber rich simply pay off lawmakers to make tax breaks and shelters and stupidly claim that because a law exists and means they are not breaking the law, makes it moral?

There's probably a law degree and a lot of stock options involved!
Well I've stolen enough in my life to know there is no karma or trade off for it, just depends on if you want to or not.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(October 10, 2012 at 5:26 pm)Kayenneh Wrote:
(October 10, 2012 at 5:18 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Why is it this guy can do the right tthing, but the uber rich simply pay off lawmakers to make tax breaks and shelters and stupidly claim that because a law exists and means they are not breaking the law, makes it moral?

Quite easily. When you come to the terms that you can indeed live at the bottom and still have a good life, you don't think twice.

I hate that comparisson crap. I do have it better than say someone in the 3rd world, especially the plutocracy and warlord monopoly of Somolia. But that does not mean I want to drop further or that the middle class and working poor should drop further because we have it better.

When workers can pay their bills and have a life outside the job, they are more productive on the job. But when you struggle in the middle class or poor class working two or 3 jobs, sure, you can put in the hours, but you are not going to care about the company because it does not care about you.

If I own a business, I am going to pay someone more if they only work one job, than say someone who doesn't give a fuck and works two jobs. It is not the hours you put in or even how hard you work. Productivity is more than simply squeazing the worker for more work and less pay.

If the worker feels they are accomplishing something they will be more productive. Same reason people own businesses, to feel a sense of accomplisment and not feel like a slave.

Pay gap is the biggist reason for worker demoralization. But more importantly it is the attitude of the top that the middle and poor deserve it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xmas working... LastPoet 10 675 December 26, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Not another morality post!! Mechaghostman2 5 751 February 18, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Done with my nursing class Foxaèr 27 2265 July 10, 2018 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  morality is subjective and people don't have free will Catholic_Lady 355 85921 June 6, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Having trouble being civilized in Sociology class MusicLovingAtheist 3 987 September 23, 2014 at 2:30 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Working Floating Schedules wolf39us 5 1085 June 29, 2014 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Shaggy
  The morality of gay bodily donations Foxaèr 9 1383 May 10, 2014 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  The hardest class you've ever taken. x2theone2x 29 4401 February 19, 2014 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
Video LBGTQ people and drawing the line on second class citizenry Gooders1002 12 4346 January 31, 2013 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Working on social skills this summer zentor 27 9789 June 2, 2012 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Epimethean