Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xmas working...
Xmas working...
So I am till 1600. Any of yous out there? Supervising the swine delivery, they will be kept well fed untill midnight. Some guy is feedind them, Boring task. They are doing what pigs do, eating and basking in their own shit. All ok, alive and well, that's my job. Later someone will remove the alive part, but my job is to keep them healthy to that point
RE: Xmas working...
I used to swap duty (USN) with married men who had duty on Xmas, and single dudes who had duty on New Years Eve. Amateur drinkers' night is a good night to stay off the highways.
(December 25, 2019 at 10:10 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I used to swap duty (USN) with married men who had duty on Xmas, and single dudes who had duty on New Years Eve. Amateur drinkers' night is a good night to stay off the highways.

The money is good, but this job needs action. Watching porks going about well fed and healthy is tiresome innactive. They will drop dead later, boring job to supervise the guy feeding and keeping them relatively clean for tonight. I hate these holyday jobs for the procrastination. Time slows down. The money is good tough.
At work.

Early morning on the 26th as I type.

At least animals move/make noise.

A large empty building just has pests and their associated predators scampering about.

Season's cheers.
When I was in the service - the standard for watchstanders was to ask $100 to take a 12 hour watch (when you had liberty).(and he/she would take your next watch)

I stood a buddies midwatch for him - for free.

The next year I had giys lining up to ask me to take theirs. The first guy - pissed and moaned when I quoted the standard $100. "You did it for Richards last year for NOTHING!"

I said "Yup. But big difference? I LIKE him..."

Heh
The Navy required exchange of duty when I was in, no buying a day off. YMMV for the other services.
(December 25, 2019 at 1:48 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The Navy required exchange of duty when I was in, no buying a day off. YMMV for the other services.

Not anymore, but have worked X-mas day in the past. Never bothered me at the time, but I was a young man then. Now it would bother me. To me it is just another day, or was. Perhaps having kids changes ones perspective. Or merely age makes one appreciate at least one day where one has no obligation but friends and family.
I figured Santa out when I was in the second grade. Took the edge off the season c. 1957. Now I'm happy to get the gift of one good woman, its makes every day Christmas for me.
I was seven when I noticed that Santa had the same handwriting as my mother. I didn't say a fucking word. I wanted to keep getting presents.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(December 26, 2019 at 10:03 am)Fireball Wrote: I was seven when I noticed that Santa had the same handwriting as my mother. I didn't say a fucking word. I wanted to keep getting presents.

Smart kid.

Great

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Running Xmas jokes, what ya got? Gawdzilla Sama 4 732 December 27, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Take out on Xmas day DOES EXIST....... Brian37 18 2622 December 26, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Can You Celebrate Xmas Despite its Religious Connotations? Rhondazvous 43 4705 December 24, 2016 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Will You Tale Part in the Holiday Spirit or Will You be the Grinch Who Stole Xmas? Rhondazvous 12 2173 December 4, 2015 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Working Floating Schedules wolf39us 5 1085 June 29, 2014 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Shaggy
  The morality of the working class. Brian37 4 1765 October 10, 2012 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Working on social skills this summer zentor 27 9789 June 2, 2012 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Working on cars Epimethean 6 1386 July 4, 2011 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Epimethean
  Xmas shopping hour laws? Oldandeasilyconfused 4 2175 December 28, 2009 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Dotard