Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan barges into Soup Kitchen, washes a few dishes, then leaves shortly afterward
Ryan barges into Soup Kitchen, washes a few dishes, then leaves shortly afterward
Video of the event:

REF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2WVJNxOpvY

Quote:Brian J. Antal, president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society, said that he was not contacted by the Romney campaign ahead of the Saturday morning visit by Ryan, who stopped by the soup kitchen after a town hall at Youngstown State University.

“We’re a faith-based organization; we are apolitical because the majority of our funding is from private donations,” Antal said in a phone interview Monday afternoon. “It’s strictly in our bylaws not to do it. They showed up there, and they did not have permission. They got one of the volunteers to open up the doors.”

Antal later told NBC News that Ryan had cleaned some dirty dishes...

REF: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/elec...-photo-op/

Oops.

Well, they got photos out of it. Wasn't that the point of the operation?
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
RE: Ryan barges into Soup Kitchen
I heard he washed dishes that were already clean.....not a surprise. Can't risk getting grime on your "beautiful" body, Ryan?
[Image: Mv4GC.png]
The true beauty of a self-inquiring sentient universe is lost on those who elect to walk the intellectually vacuous path of comfortable paranoid fantasies.
RE: Ryan barges into Soup Kitchen,
Of course....and to let Ryan say "you wouldn't believe what I had to do to get elected.... associating with POOR people. How will I get the stench out of my clothes!"
RE: Ryan barges into Soup Kitchen...
Wow, thats...really pathetic. I can't even imagine having the audacity to do something like that.
Ryan washed 23 dishes. Biden only washed 19. So there.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
With Ryan's economic plan more people need soup kitchens.
RE: Ryan barges into Soup Kitchen, washes a few dishes, then leaves shortly afterward
Are people actually criticizing Ryan for washing dishes in a homeless shelter, or for not washing enough? Of course it was a photo opportunity, all politicians do this. There are so many legitimate criticisms of Paul Ryan, like wanting to slash everything but the defense budget (biggest welfare program of all time) or not allowing raped women to get abortions. 'Not washing enough homeless dishes' is an extremely silly criticism.
RE: Ryan barges into Soup Kitchen, washes a few dishes, then leaves shortly afterward
I would be annoyed because he didn't ask the soup kitchen at all. In fact, they wanted to remain as neutral as possible, as stated in the OP. Ryan was being a dillhole.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
The issue is that Ryan used a preplanned stunt that would supposedly give him the image of caring about those in trouble and those that don't get to live to the standards that he does. Every politician does it, so I'm not specifically blaming Ryan for it. What bothers me is the statement the stunt makes which is, "I think you're too stupid to notice when I'm so obviously trying to sell a carefully crafted, false image of myself."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 17, 2012 at 2:53 pm)Faith No More Wrote: The issue is that Ryan used a preplanned stunt that would supposedly give him the image of caring about those in trouble and those that don't get to live to the standards that he does. Every politician does it, so I'm not specifically blaming Ryan for it. What bothers me is the statement the stunt makes which is, "I think you're too stupid to notice when I'm so obviously trying to sell a carefully crafted, false image of myself."

Meh, Obama does the same thing. Romney does it even worse. If everybody in a room is stabbing kittens in the face, I don't get outraged at a particular person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1414 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 553 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy? Fake Messiah 11 742 October 8, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  transgender military ban to go into effect Fake Messiah 20 2496 January 25, 2019 at 12:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1632 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Then Fuck God. Minimalist 10 1385 October 2, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: GUBU
  If Blacks have superior dicks, then explain highest risk of infecting AIDS Konboa 8 1268 September 5, 2018 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Why is it Politics has no turned into an us verses them? Why? GODZILLA 29 2474 July 11, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests Foxaèr 27 2737 May 24, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space Coveny 16 1496 February 10, 2018 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Fireball