Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testimony (why not share)
Testimony (why not share)
Hello my atheist friends.

I usually share testimonies with my Christian friends, but I thought I might as well share with you guys (and girls).

My intentions are not to coercively "prove" that God exists or even to argue for His existence from this...but rather just to share.

I'm currently on a work trip, yesterday I was in Huntsville, AL and today I am in Collegedale, TN. After arriving in Collegedale with a long day of work behind me I wanted nothing more than to just eat and sleep.

However, I felt strangely compelled to go to a coffee shop that I had heard about in downtown Chattanooga (Rembrandt). I didn't want to go as I was exhausted so I just rationalized the impulse away as weird and proceeded to a local Thai restaurant with plans to head on back to the hotel afterwards.

It just kept bugging me though, I felt like the Lord wanted me to go and I would be disobeying the Lord if I didn't go. So...I grudgingly headed downtown towards the coffee shop.

When I got there, I didn't know what to do, I didn't see anyone I knew, I didn't feel like I was suppose to talk to anyone.

I bought a cup of tea and felt impressed to sit at a table that was away from the crowd in a corner.

I felt stupid for being there....I argued with God and told Him that I'm only going to stay there only as long as it takes to finish the tea.

I sat, and sat, and sat.....as I reached the final sip of my tea...still nothing.

Then I heard it, a couple had sat down directly behind me and they were having a "troubled" discussion. I felt the Lord say to me, "This is why you are here."

I told the Lord, "I don't know what to say...I'm going to look ridiculous or offend them or something terrible!"

He told me, "trust in me and I will give you words."

I stood up, approached their table and apologized for the awkwardness. I told them that I'm just traveling through town and I felt impressed by the Lord to come to that coffee shop and that I had something to say to them.

I turned to the man (it was a man and women in their mid 20s) and said, "You know what you're suppose to be doing, trust in the Lord and He will provide. You don't need to know all of the details, you know the next step to take, trust God and He will provide with all the details."

The man brightened up and shook my hand. He had been on the fence about deciding whether or not to go into ministry. They thanked me and I left the coffee shop, gladly headed back to the hotel and had a wonderful nights sleep.
RE: Testimony (why not share)
Good oh.....

Do you often hear little voices in your head?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Quote:Canada bus killer Vince Weiguang Li 'believed victim was alien'

Vince Weiguang Li stabbed Tim McLean 50 or 60 times before cutting off his head

A man who beheaded a fellow bus passenger in Canada in 2008 has spoken out for the first time, saying he believed he was killing an alien.

In an interview with a schizophrenia society, Vince Weiguang Li said he had heard what he believed was "the voice of God" before killing Tim McLean, 22.

Mr Li was deemed not criminally responsible for the murder after being diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.

Don't worry hearing voices seems to be a let out clause, as such we will not blame you for pushing some silly fable.

llnk-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18170463
Most religious people could be said to have a mental health problem... aka "hearing voices" in their heads.

meh
Bounce Ball
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(October 17, 2012 at 6:58 am)Reasonable_Jeff Wrote: Hello my atheist friends.

I usually share testimonies with my Christian friends, but I thought I might as well share with you guys (and girls).

My intentions are not to coercively "prove" that God exists or even to argue for His existence from this...but rather just to share.

I'm currently on a work trip, yesterday I was in Huntsville, AL and today I am in Collegedale, TN. After arriving in Collegedale with a long day of work behind me I wanted nothing more than to just eat and sleep.

However, I felt strangely compelled to go to a coffee shop that I had heard about in downtown Chattanooga (Rembrandt). I didn't want to go as I was exhausted so I just rationalized the impulse away as weird and proceeded to a local Thai restaurant with plans to head on back to the hotel afterwards.

It just kept bugging me though, I felt like the Lord wanted me to go and I would be disobeying the Lord if I didn't go. So...I grudgingly headed downtown towards the coffee shop.

When I got there, I didn't know what to do, I didn't see anyone I knew, I didn't feel like I was suppose to talk to anyone.

I bought a cup of tea and felt impressed to sit at a table that was away from the crowd in a corner.

I felt stupid for being there....I argued with God and told Him that I'm only going to stay there only as long as it takes to finish the tea.

I sat, and sat, and sat.....as I reached the final sip of my tea...still nothing.

Then I heard it, a couple had sat down directly behind me and they were having a "troubled" discussion. I felt the Lord say to me, "This is why you are here."

I told the Lord, "I don't know what to say...I'm going to look ridiculous or offend them or something terrible!"

I stood up, approached their table and apologized for the awkwardness. I told them that I'm just traveling through town and I felt impressed by the Lord to come to that coffee shop and that I had something to say to them.

I turned to the man (it was a man and women in their mid 20s) and said, "You know what you're suppose to be doing, trust in the Lord and He will provide. You don't need to know all of the details, you know the next step to take, trust God and He will provide with all the details."

The man brightened up and shook my hand. He had been on the fence about deciding whether or not to go into ministry. They thanked me and I left the coffee shop, gladly headed back to the hotel and had a wonderful nights sleep.

God gave you the words? God doesn't understand the difference between suppose and supposed? Those were your words, as your misuse of the word (once in your words, once in god's) proves.

Why didn't god just speak to the guy thinking about going into the ministry, or to the girl? I know, I know, god works in mysterious....fuck that, tell god to send food to people who are starving instead of sending you into a coffee shop for tea.

And god told you to go to the coffee shop, and you had the temerity to tell god that you were only going to stay long enough to finish your tea? You're telling us that you were in a conversation with God, the entity that you think created you and will judge you, and provide you with eternal life, and instead of being incredibly excited to be speaking with god and doing some task for him, your attitude was "well, only if we can wrap this up before I finish my tea?". Do you realize how incredibly inconsistent your beliefs and story are?
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
Do you actually hear a voice talking to you, or this more of an intuitive thing?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
So god sent you to a coffee shop to say this: "You know what you're suppose to be doing, trust in the Lord and He will provide. You don't need to know all of the details, you know the next step to take, trust God and He will provide with all the details." That's rather vague. It could mean anything. Have you ever heard of the forer effect? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect

On another note, if Christianity doesn't turn out for you, you can always go into palm reading.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

You're a busy body, Jeff.

You're lucky you weren't shot for your trouble.

(You should see a shrink about those voices.)
I have one question, what would you have made of this if you didn't meet anyone in the coffee shop? You have a really high probability to meet believing christians, so any god-related stuff you say to random strangers will be taken in good faith. I agree with Zippy, almost everyone carries some kind of problem, so any random phrase said in the name of god can be interpreted positively. I could tell almost anyone I meet "Just keep going, you'll pull through due to some circumstance you cannot foresee." and I would be spot on, because it can be taken any way the listener wants. The power of suggestion is a mighty power indeed.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(October 17, 2012 at 6:58 am)Reasonable_Jeff Wrote: Hello my atheist friends.

Muslims think they talk to their god and so do Jews. Talk to a pink unicorn or talk to a dog like the Son of Sam, people want to put you in a rubber room. But talk to a god like a child talks to Santa and you are considered vertious. But we are the crazy ones?

So somehow you out of all the 7 billion humans magically have the tin foil antena that allows god to talk to you. Take a number bud, lots of humans claim to talk to a variety of gods and have as as much evidence as you do.

Your sappy sweet steamy pile of a story only proves that you fell for a superstition and the people you spread it to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Testimony of Nathan Caligvla XXI 25 2479 September 22, 2018 at 5:37 am
Last Post: Caligvla XXI
  Share your experiences with God ErGingerbreadMandude 37 6880 August 14, 2015 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Anon Khan
  Just thought id share this. dyresand 7 2811 July 21, 2015 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Why i'm not a Christian and why i left the faith as a child. dyresand 20 5568 November 8, 2014 at 10:01 am
Last Post: dyresand
  How to annoy Christians- share your tactics here! là bạn điên 31 8537 January 18, 2014 at 2:30 am
Last Post: là bạn điên
  My Testimony of the One true Gods existance and grace JesusSaves 1 1467 April 12, 2013 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  God does not follow the first principle of morality. Why not? Greatest I am 61 26229 October 12, 2012 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Tired of xtians prattling on about their "eye-witness" testimony? Minimalist 22 10155 April 27, 2012 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My Desperate Testimony JSteele 37 9800 May 10, 2011 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Zenith