Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World-famous Turkish pianist charged with insulting Islam
World-famous Turkish pianist charged with insulting Islam
A couple of days old news but haven't seen it here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19990943
Quote:World-famous Turkish pianist Fazil Say has appeared in court in Istanbul charged with inciting hatred and insulting the values of Muslims.

He is being prosecuted over tweets he wrote mocking radical Muslims, in a case which has rekindled concern about religious influence in the country.

His 'hateful' tweets included:
"I am not sure if you have also realised it, but if there's a louse, a non-entity, a lowlife, a thief or a fool, it's always an Islamist."
blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” – John 20:26-29
RE: World-famous Turkish pianist charged with insulting Islam
His words ring true. We've said this for years and years. Islamists are now a reality of the past. They are a refuse, but they still hold on to this dream of some land where their outdated views will rule, and carry us to...Where?
I cannot say that I agree with all of Fazıl Say's views, as I believe that he, like all of his like-minded clique overreact to the reactionist problem in Turkey, a problem that is non-existent, in my view, but these words should not be brought to court, they ought to be written all over the place.
Indeed, this tweet ought to be hateful! Hateful towards these lowlifes who are the followers of some lowlife named Said-i Nursi!
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(October 21, 2012 at 3:55 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: His words ring true. We've said this for years and years. Islamists are now a reality of the past. They are a refuse, but they still hold on to this dream of some land where their outdated views will rule, and carry us to...Where?
I cannot say that I agree with all of Fazıl Say's views, as I believe that he, like all of his like-minded clique overreact to the reactionist problem in Turkey, a problem that is non-existent, in my view, but these words should not be brought to court, they ought to be written all over the place.
Indeed, this tweet ought to be hateful! Hateful towards these lowlifes who are the followers of some lowlife named Said-i Nursi!

Thinking....................ROFLOLWorship (large)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 21, 2012 at 4:55 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(October 21, 2012 at 3:55 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: His words ring true. We've said this for years and years. Islamists are now a reality of the past. They are a refuse, but they still hold on to this dream of some land where their outdated views will rule, and carry us to...Where?

Thinking....................ROFLOLWorship (large)

I guess you're calling my views outdated, eh?
Please, provide your arguments.While you're at it, you can provide us with the views and politics that we ought to pursue in order to carry our nation to greater heights.
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

You reminded me of this observation from Robert Green Ingersoll, Mehmet.

Quote: An infinite God ought to be able to protect himself, without going in partnership with State Legislatures. Certainly he ought not so to act that laws become necessary to keep him from being laughed at. No one thinks of protecting Shakespeare from ridicule, by the threat of fine and imprisonment.

The god these people worship seems like a weak fellow indeed.
Quote:You reminded me of this observation from Robert Green Ingersoll, Mehmet.
I'm not stating that our country should be a place where people's indivdual faith should be openly ridiculed, but facts should be said out loud.
This man had said a simple fact.
And he did not insult anyone's religion either, he simply reminded people of the helplessness of the reactionary, that's all.
(October 21, 2012 at 5:35 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
Quote:You reminded me of this observation from Robert Green Ingersoll, Mehmet.
I'm not stating that our country should be a place where people's indivdual faith should be openly ridiculed, but facts should be said out loud.
This man had said a simple fact.
And he did not insult anyone's religion either, he simply reminded people of the helplessness of the reactionary, that's all.

"Blasphemy laws are the first sign of tyranny" Lord Acton.

Why shouldn't a claim get ridiculed? Please tell me how that equals an arrest or an assault? It does not. It merely means you got offended. When government gets into the position of playing thought police, both the majority and minority are in trouble.

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against uninteligible propositions" Thomas Jefferson.

If the worst your neighbor does to you is offend you, then you shouldn't bitch. In many places when someone gets offended, they murder you or their government does.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Malaysian convenience store owner charged over 'Allah socks' zebo-the-fat 7 293 March 30, 2024 at 9:26 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7876 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  In 50 years, Islam may be the world's largest religion, according to Pew Alexmahone 2 675 June 25, 2018 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Even some famous Dai'i are now having doubts about the Quran... ReptilianPeon 0 1084 August 22, 2016 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Saudis sending propaganda gifts to famous YouTubers ReptilianPeon 11 2065 April 18, 2016 at 2:27 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  How did Islam destroy the classical world? mralstoner 38 9275 February 15, 2016 at 2:25 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5486 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Iran executes man for insulting prophet Jonah TaraJo 3 1414 October 9, 2014 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Video Muslim Attacks Atheist For Insulting Muhammad In A Parade Zidneya 4 2116 May 3, 2014 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Sejanus
  Turkish Girl Buried Alive For Talking To Boys Big Blue Sky 22 5925 June 10, 2013 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Tonus